THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sausage Party  (Read 2492 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Sausage Party
« on: 17 Mar 2016, 06:11 »

...the fuck did I just watch?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: Sausage Party
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2016, 06:20 »

I had the same reaction when I first saw that... I mean it looks like an animated kids film.... but the subject matter turns dark pretty darn quick. And the joke behind the title... I know that a lot of kids animation these days likes to throw in jokes that adults will get, but will fly over the kid's heads until they get older... But this movie seems to be built entirely around adult references, only leaving a confusing story for the kids about how all the food we eat is alive and feels pain and terror when we consume them. So uhhh... yeah. Not sure what their target audience is here.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2016, 08:32 »

Considering how the majority of the voice actors are, I would venture a guess and say they're probably marketing to the same people who like Pineapple Express.

Seriously though, I just kinda sat there, thinking "this can't be serious....what the hell is this?"

And then the potato got peeled...

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2016, 16:02 »

for the kids
Except clearly not at all. Then again, people brought kids to Deadpool so you know idiots will bring their kids to this and then complain how "the nice looking cartoon had bad words in it!"
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2016, 15:51 »

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2016, 16:34 »

I had the same reaction when I first saw that... I mean it looks like an animated kids film.... but the subject matter turns dark pretty darn quick. And the joke behind the title... I know that a lot of kids animation these days likes to throw in jokes that adults will get, but will fly over the kid's heads until they get older... But this movie seems to be built entirely around adult references, only leaving a confusing story for the kids about how all the food we eat is alive and feels pain and terror when we consume them. So uhhh... yeah. Not sure what their target audience is here.

This is quite obviously not a kids movie, probably the same target audience as Ted etc.
I dunno..
Pages: [1]   Go Up