THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What Can We Expect for This Week?

Just how many poop 'jokes' can you fit into five strips without it seeming repetitive?
A sequence of five single-panel breakfast dioramas (more cereal for everyone!)
A whole week of Marten, Claire and Faye sitting on the couch and discussing indie music (with bonus Pintsize Hijinx)
Faye and Bubbles talking about nothing in particular whilst fixing Punchbot (again)
Buttrocket makes a spectacular return and several nice men from the NSA are annoyed!
Dora and Tai domesticity including hints about the new library interns
Steve meets up with Emily and Clinton to tell them that he is Emily's government-provided bodyguard
Future!Emily reveals that Sam is the Prophecied Saviour of the World!
Claire and her Woodland Friends debut their new Disney-esque theme song
Jeph does his own 'character profiles' (like the robot guides) for the main cast
Other (specify in post please!)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3206 to 3210 (25 to 29 April 2016)  (Read 54300 times)

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
Re: WCDT Strips 3206 to 3210 (25 to 29 April 2016)
« Reply #250 on: 29 Apr 2016, 06:45 »

The WCDT could always group into entrenched factions over whether the WCDT groups into entrenched factions -- with a superheated sub-discussion over whether the focus on trees is "arborist."
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #251 on: 29 Apr 2016, 06:55 »

We are not entrenched. We are heavily fortified. There's a difference. Trenches are dug into the ground. Your faction may be entrenched, but my side is above ground in a friggin' castle!

Wait, which side am I on again anyway?  :?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Arkantos

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Secretly Judging.
« Reply #252 on: 29 Apr 2016, 08:15 »

Your faction may be entrenched, but my side is above ground in a friggin' castle!
There's a reason we stopped using castles. Explosives make it quite easy to destroy vertical things. Horizontal things or things dug into the ground? Not so much.

Think Twin Towers vs. Pentagon on 9/11. Imagine how bad it would've been if our entire military command structure was house in a skyscraper on that day.

So yeah, trenches>castles.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #253 on: 29 Apr 2016, 09:30 »

Yeah, that's me. Being the sensible, logical one again. I'll get my hat and show myself out...

AND you have a hat too! You monster!

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #254 on: 29 Apr 2016, 09:31 »

A little late to this topic, but the only bar I know of where the bartender hassles people for not ordering alcohol was in "It's a Wonderful Life."
This actually reminded me of Coyote Ugly, so Clinton is actually lucky he didn't get doused in water.
Hell, no H2O!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #255 on: 29 Apr 2016, 09:35 »

I was actually baffled enough at the comic that I registered just to comment (hi, everyone!)

Judging from the responses above mine, I'm not the only person who found the comic a bit strange... I don't know if it's different in America, but I have never seen a bar that didn't offer at least a few non-alcoholic drinks (and some snacks).
It's probably a dive that doesn't really care about the local law.  I have been to plenty of bars where they didn't even care if one smoked inside, despite it being illegal in my state since '98.  All it takes on top of that is one surly bartender and I can see this happening.

If nothing else, I know very few people who drink vodka (and vodka is a pretty popular drink in my country) without any sort of chaser. In fact, the fact that I don't bother with chasers leads, more often than not, to people giving me funny looks
Actually, I got a round of Grey Goose for a friend and some people she knew for her birthday and when they all wanted a chaser, I would have at least teased them if it weren't for the occasion.  I blame it on them being inexperienced drinkers, though.  Living in a university town now compared to a major city, I do see fewer people drinking their booze neat (usually only the regulars at the sole remaining working class bar actually eschew a chaser).  It seems as though many at that age want the effect and not the taste.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #256 on: 29 Apr 2016, 10:45 »

The Big Bang?  Isn't *that* what the Large Hardon Collider is supposed to duplicate?

The LHC creates a Very Small Parping Sound. Think "cosmic fart in an elevator".

Or quite possibly, "weasel flambée".
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #257 on: 29 Apr 2016, 11:35 »

Dismiss all you want people defending her by saying that she didn't realise she was doing the wrong thing, but you know what? No-one else here realised, either.

Well, we've got the disadvantage that since QC is a fictional universe to us we don't actually know that romantic-comedy tropes aren't valid for it. Characters should know better.

TheCollector

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #258 on: 29 Apr 2016, 12:44 »

If this was in fact a romantic comedy, my personal reaction to this page would be, "I smell loooove." :3

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #259 on: 29 Apr 2016, 12:48 »

Well I don't know about Massachusetts, but any bar in Wisconsin will serve you water at no charge without any backtalk.

Designated drivers being somewhat helpful, after all.

Hell, if I went into a bar, asked for water, and got treated like that, my next phone call would be to the Tavern League.

Only so many liquor licenses to go around, and it's a long wait list.

Ah, a fellow cheesehead, dere hey, aina?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #260 on: 29 Apr 2016, 14:27 »

We are not entrenched. We are heavily fortified. There's a difference. Trenches are dug into the ground. Your faction may be entrenched, but my side is above ground in a friggin' castle!

Wait, which side am I on again anyway?  :?

You got a moat? 'Coz a moat is a trench. And foundations? Those start with trenches. Imma just hook a chain up to your castle and tow it away with my pickup truck, past the Maginot Line in the sand.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #261 on: 29 Apr 2016, 14:53 »

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #262 on: 29 Apr 2016, 15:46 »

"Large house, fantastic views. minor flooding in basement. Priced to move."

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #263 on: 29 Apr 2016, 16:26 »

Is that a painting or a real place? I wish to read about it. And perhaps hang it on my wall.

Arkantos

• Secretly Judging.
« Reply #264 on: 29 Apr 2016, 17:45 »

That's a painting; there's no place like this on Earth. The universe is (probably) infinite, though, so, somewhere out there, this place exists. Probably not near you, though.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #265 on: 29 Apr 2016, 17:49 »

Wrt. to US law - I'm trying to make it a habit to not assume anything about US legal standards, especially when it comes to state-, or communal legislation. It's too easy to project my central european cultural experience onto a culture that looks similar, but didn't develop in the same way.
I think that's an even bigger problem for foreigners from other English-speaking, ex-British countries. In some ways, the USA is so familiar, particularly because of the ubiquity of its pop-culture products, and then you stumble over something that reminds you just how very foreign it is.

Always weird finding an Australian out in the wild, isn't it?
There are at least four of us active in this forum. :)

That building on the edge of a waterfall looks more like a cathedral than a castle.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #266 on: 29 Apr 2016, 18:17 »

That's a painting; there's no place like this on Earth. The universe is (probably) infinite, though, so, somewhere out there, this place exists. Probably not near you, though.

Based on the Big Bang, the universe is finite.

Always weird finding an Australian out in the wild, isn't it?
There are at least four of us active in this forum. :)

If you can call this forum "wild."

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #267 on: 29 Apr 2016, 18:51 »

Ĉi tiu. estas. trinkejo. Ni. servas. bieron. kaj. likvoron.

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #268 on: 29 Apr 2016, 19:25 »

Well, that stands to reason, as my current living area is boring, and there is a lack of large water. And castles.

Arkantos

• Secretly Judging.
« Reply #269 on: 29 Apr 2016, 19:33 »

That isn't how it works. The Big Bang occurred everywhere in the universe, when all matter was condensed into a singularity and began expanding suddenly and quickly. It is conceivable that some area of the universe may be largely without matter in it (we've found such an area), but, as far as we can tell, the universe is infinite and expanding.

It is really hard to explain adequately and in a comprehensible way.

Well, that stands to reason, as my current living area is boring, and there is a lack of large water. And castles.

By "near you" I meant "in this galaxy" or maybe even "in our supercluster of galaxies".

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #270 on: 29 Apr 2016, 20:26 »

Clinton will now tell the beerista his life story.
She will quit early, with a headache.

> BenRG:  BierGarten of Doom?
  Mi nur ŝercas.

« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2016, 23:35 by Perfectly Reasonable »
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #271 on: 29 Apr 2016, 20:44 »

Ĉi tiu. estas. trinkejo. Ni. servas. bieron. kaj. likvoron.
Clinton: Mi ne parolas Esperanton.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

RyanW1019

• Larger than most fish
  • PARALYSIS BY ANALYSIS
« Reply #272 on: 29 Apr 2016, 21:07 »

The WCDT could always group into entrenched factions over whether the WCDT groups into entrenched factions -- with a superheated sub-discussion over whether the focus on trees is "arborist."

"Human subcultures are nested fractally. There is no bottom." https://xkcd.com/1095/

Zog

• Plantmonster
« Reply #273 on: 29 Apr 2016, 22:17 »

"Human subcultures are nested fractally. There is no bottom." https://xkcd.com/1095/

I hear that there are some people that are not divided into internal subcultures. I cannot guarantee that this is so as I am not one of them.

katsmeat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #274 on: 30 Apr 2016, 02:26 »

Apropos of nothing, in the UK, it's a legal requirement that licensed premises must provide free tap water if a customer asks for it.   in my experience, many are pretty good about it and will offer ice, a slice of lemon or carbonated water even though they'd be technically allowed to charge for those extras.  Presumably it's in their commercial interests to be accommodating.

Not exactly relevant as Clinton isn't in the UK, but I just thought I'd mention.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #275 on: 30 Apr 2016, 03:13 »

That building on the edge of a waterfall looks more like a cathedral than a castle.

Yup, that's Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Clermont-Ferrand in the Auvergne region of France.

Is that a painting or a real place? I wish to read about it. And perhaps hang it on my wall.

Streetview here - Though sadly, no waterfall ...  :cry:

"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...
« Reply #276 on: 30 Apr 2016, 03:28 »

... so, somewhere out there, this place exists. Probably not near you, though.
And, sadly, thanks to erosion, not for very long.  But its fun to imagine that when the first structure was built that was an island well back from the falls. Historically the  Niagara falls was 5 feet a year, so I reckon some of those viaduct arches only have 10 years or so.

But what a splendid image!

The original artist, BTW, seems to be http://www.frederic-st-arnaud.com/
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 05:39 by JimC »

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #277 on: 30 Apr 2016, 03:43 »

Quote from: Arkantos link=topic=33
[quote author=War Sparrow link=topic=33346.msg1353500#msg1353500 date=1461983127

By "near you" I meant "in this galaxy" or maybe even "in our supercluster of galaxies".
[/quote]

Do not take my dreams from me. Lots of European royalty got crazy. Maybe it existed once. Or tried to.

Thanks for the link,  Case. I shall read of pretty churches.

danuis

• Plantmonster
« Reply #278 on: 30 Apr 2016, 07:35 »

That isn't how it works. The Big Bang occurred everywhere in the universe, when all matter was condensed into a singularity and began expanding suddenly and quickly. It is conceivable that some area of the universe may be largely without matter in it (we've found such an area), but, as far as we can tell, the universe is infinite and expanding.

It is really hard to explain adequately and in a comprehensible way.

I think I get what you're saying, but let me add this: The big bang was the expansion of that singularity, yes. Everything from that singularity IS the universe; there is a 'limit' to the universe; the edge of that expansion. What lies BEYOND that expansion is not the universe. It's just nothing. No dark energy, no dark matter, no matter, just....nothing. A true void, a true 'space'. No atoms. No molecules. None of the fundamental forces, no rays or spectrums, nothing. Unless another universe exists in that void as well, or on a whole other 'plane' entirely, on another leaf/side of paper, if you will.

If you could get beyond the universe into that void, you could turn around and possibly see the universe in some form; though it does beg the question since it's outside the universe, would you, if you could get there, even manifest in some form? Would the laws of gravity, attraction, and matter and everything else work there? Or would one begin to scatter as the laws of the universe, also held by the boundary of the expanding universe, decay at the edge or right after it?

Since faster than light travel is impossible on the laws of physics we have now; and even if it were it would be a logistical nightmare to reach the edge of the universe, those answers may very well go forever unquestioned. But they can still be at the least asked, eh?

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #279 on: 30 Apr 2016, 12:42 »

There is no outside the universe. The universe is literally everything.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Storel

« Reply #280 on: 30 Apr 2016, 15:09 »

If nothing else, I know very few people who drink vodka (and vodka is a pretty popular drink in my country) without any sort of chaser. In fact, the fact that I don't bother with chasers leads, more often than not, to people giving me funny looks

Actually, I got a round of Grey Goose for a friend and some people she knew for her birthday and when they all wanted a chaser, I would have at least teased them if it weren't for the occasion.  I blame it on them being inexperienced drinkers, though.  Living in a university town now compared to a major city, I do see fewer people drinking their booze neat (usually only the regulars at the sole remaining working class bar actually eschew a chaser).  It seems as though many at that age want the effect and not the taste.

Straight vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol smells.*  :grumpypuss: I don't want a chaser with my vodka, I want a mixer. Preferably something that can hide the taste of the vodka, like orange juice, tomato juice, or cranberry juice.

And don't try to tell me that good vodka has no taste. I am one of the small minority who can taste alcohol... which is probably the reason I never developed a liking for alcohol.
*Which makes sense, actually, because around here rubbing alcohol = 70% isopropyl alcohol, 30% water. If you replaced the isopropyl alcohol with ethyl alcohol, you'd just have 140-proof vodka. The 80-proof stuff is bad enough.

Yup, that's Cathédrale Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Clermont-Ferrand in the Auvergne region of France.

It may have been inspired by the Clermont-Ferrand cathedral, but it isn't actually that cathedral (or a copy). The picture on that wikipedia page shows it only has two towers -- the one on the waterfall has four or five.

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 15:20 by Storel »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #281 on: 30 Apr 2016, 15:36 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1gBLX7ihaA
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #282 on: 30 Apr 2016, 15:43 »

I've now found the artists original image here.  Its got a lot more top and especially bottom. There are also some of his work up sketches.

http://www.laberge.qc.ca/fred/gallery/displayimage.php?album=20&pid=73#top_display_media

The various copies seem to have been cropped to remove all the identification. I dunno, the vision of the new world we had of the internet back in the day didn't include relentless ripping off of creators by both corporations and individuals...

Storel

« Reply #283 on: 30 Apr 2016, 16:48 »

Thank you! It's nice to see the full image, and I appreciate your restoring the artist's information, too.

Then what is the expanding universe expanding into?

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #284 on: 30 Apr 2016, 17:07 »

It may have been inspired by the Clermont-Ferrand cathedral, but it isn't actually that cathedral (or a copy). The picture on that wikipedia page shows it only has two towers -- the one on the waterfall has four or five.

Snark aside: You're right. I guess one has to make stuff more pointy for northern Americans to feel it's gothic enough. Even the actually gothic stuff ...

Re: Finite Universe or not - We don't know. Here's some interesting discussion by people I think are competent - most of them talk "physicese" competently enough.

The scales involved are so large that we can't really be certain whether spacetime is more-or-less "flat", or has a small positive curvature that is merely too small to measure with certainty. Einsteins field equations allow for several different large-scale topologies - we might be living on the surface of a humongous, "Universal Doughnut" - we can't measure precisely enough to be absolutely sure.
Humans observing a sailing ship appear from "under the horizon" could see the Earth's curvature with their own eyes, without instruments- a civilization of hyperintelligent Ants would have to reach far further into the technological box of tricks, use more precise instruments. And the poor microbes may never know for sure.   

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2016, 18:01 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Undrneath

« Reply #285 on: 30 Apr 2016, 21:32 »

Thank you! It's nice to see the full image, and I appreciate your restoring the artist's information, too.

It isn't expanding into anything, it's just getting larger.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #286 on: 30 Apr 2016, 23:46 »

That's actually kind of a strange question; the universe contains everything there is, including the space-time we use to define "volume" amongst many other things. We can talk about observable changes in the interior volume but even the concept of it having an exterior volume is contradictory to what we know.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #287 on: 01 May 2016, 05:22 »

Straight vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol smells.*  :grumpypuss: I don't want a chaser with my vodka, I want a mixer. Preferably something that can hide the taste of the vodka, like orange juice, tomato juice, or cranberry juice.

And don't try to tell me that good vodka has no taste. I am one of the small minority who can taste alcohol... which is probably the reason I never developed a liking for alcohol.

There's actually a craft distillery near me that is making vodka and specifically wants the natural flavors of the wheat they use to come through, so they don't do any charcoal filtering. It ends up creating a smoother vodka than normal, almost a sippable vodka.

Arkantos

• Secretly Judging.
« Reply #288 on: 01 May 2016, 07:15 »

Itself. The Universe, by definition, cannot get larger or smaller. Everything in it is merely getting farther apart, though not by moving in the traditional sense. There's just more spacetime between things.

Yeah, we don't really know how this works, but we know that it's happening.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #289 on: 01 May 2016, 07:43 »

A short explanation from Harvard university regarding the possibility of an edge of the universe:
"Does the Universe have an edge, beyond which there is nothing?
Galaxies extend as far as we can detect... with no sign of diminishing.There is no evidence that the universe has an edge. The part of the universe we can observe from Earth is filled more or less uniformly with galaxies extending in every direction as far as we can see - more than 10 billion light-years, or about 6 billion trillion miles. We know that the galaxies must extend much further than we can see, but we do not know whether the universe is infinite or not. When astronomers sometimes refer (carelessly!) to galaxies "near the edge of the universe," they are referring only to the edge of the OBSERVABLE universe - i.e., the part we can see."

I've highlighted the part that people seem to get caught on.

Regards to the comic, I honestly would not be surprised if Clinton ended up reciting the laws regarding the legal requirements of any business providing alcohol and any soft drinks.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Monday's comic features Clinton nursing a black eye.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #290 on: 01 May 2016, 12:46 »

Again, I'm fairly sure this is a roundabout way of telling him not to freeload, not that they don't have water - water is usually free, and you can't charge one customer for water and not the next, so...
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #291 on: 01 May 2016, 20:03 »

I still can't believe how unbelievably shitty that bartender is.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #292 on: 02 May 2016, 04:34 »

You deal with the damn public day after day, idiot after idiot, it doesn't matter how calm, measured, placid and professional you are, sooner or later someone will catch you with the wrong words at the wrong time and you'll find yourself saying something you wouldn't normally.
Especially true in the catering business where you get the morons talking down to you as if you are somehow subnormal. But you know, how do you become a business owner in the trade*? Like Dora did you put the hard yards in as an employee, you learn it from top to bottom, and you start out on your own or in a larger outfit you graduate into management. And hopefully you end up with a much better living and a more worthwhile career than the jumped up little office boy in a suit that used to sneer at you...

*other than the lucky sperm method...

mikmaxs

« Reply #293 on: 02 May 2016, 20:34 »

You deal with the damn public day after day, idiot after idiot, it doesn't matter how calm, measured, placid and professional you are, sooner or later someone will catch you with the wrong words at the wrong time and you'll find yourself saying something you wouldn't normally.
Uh, no. She had that shotgun ready at hand. Clinton didn't say 'The wrong words', he barely said anything at all. In fact, all he did was try to order water and then brood. He's a guy brooding at a bus-stop adjacent bar. If that's seriously what's going to set her off, she's a shitty bartender indeed.

(Also: That IS a shotgun, right? Jeph's comments below the comic confuse me.)
Don't mind me.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #294 on: 03 May 2016, 03:10 »

Maybe you need to refresh (I don't know if he put the other version up, though) - it's clearly not a gun, and the text referring to a nautical theme would make no sense with a gun.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #295 on: 03 May 2016, 03:16 »

the text referring to a nautical theme would make no sense with a gun.

Even if it is a water gun?  :claireface:
What do you know about Pokémon?

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #296 on: 03 May 2016, 17:05 »

Only if it were used against shippers.  :claireface:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

mikmaxs

« Reply #297 on: 03 May 2016, 23:57 »

Maybe you need to refresh (I don't know if he put the other version up, though) - it's clearly not a gun, and the text referring to a nautical theme would make no sense with a gun.
There were uploading issues. For the first couple of hours after going live, the website had her holding a shotgun, (And the punchline was different,) and going back found that Dolphin Jack had been replaced by the harpoon version. Then, both comics became harpoon version, and since that it's been fixed so that Dolphin Jack is back in his rightful place and only the harpoon version is live.
Don't mind me.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #298 on: 04 May 2016, 00:39 »

What was the original punchline? I somehow missed it.
What do you know about Pokémon?

mikmaxs

« Reply #299 on: 04 May 2016, 01:11 »

What was the original punchline? I somehow missed it.
Clinton stammered something like 'I'll just go' and bartenderlady said 'You shouldn't waste your beer' and cut to close-up of Clinton frantically drinking with a concerned expression.
Don't mind me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up