THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 22:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to post video gifs on the forum?  (Read 6069 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

For example if I wish to display this the same was as a gif, is it possible?

http://i.imgur.com/jZxtds3.webm
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: Is there a way to post video gifs on the forum?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2016, 15:05 »

No.

It could be possible, of course, as they are simply videos repackaged in a new and incompatible way (with the additional feature of not being able to be downloaded as GIFs can).  But to enable it I would have to write an extension to the forum software, as no one else yet has - which I might look into, but not with any urgency.  (It doesn't help that I personally find the over-use of video clips and GIFs on the Internet to be a particular irritation - but I did it for YouTube.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2016, 15:18 »

Blocking animated images is one of the things that I miss most from Opera Classic.  The addons I have found don't always work properly.  Okay, I'll leave this to a mini-rant: the .gif format should have died in the '90s.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2016, 10:54 »

actually, imgur has a feature wherein if you change the extension of an image to .gif, they will automatically convert the image, making it postable on most forums.

like so:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jZxtds3.gif[/img]

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2016, 11:11 »

Hmm - interesting.  If you download that, it seems to be converted on the fly (it took ages, and is 56MB).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2016, 11:21 »

wow I did not know that!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave
Pages: [1]   Go Up