THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The BBC has turned its archive Desert Island Discs episodes into podcasts!  (Read 13929 times)

thedevilissix

• Furry furrier

OMG!  :-D

For anyone unfamiliar with "Desert Island Discs", it was & still is a programme on BBC Radio 4 (our main spoken word channel) whereby anyone from all manner of well-known and esteemed people from music, literature, science, politics, sport, drama etc. could select their top disks to take on a desert island with them. People like Anthony Hopkins, Dave Brubeck, Oliver Sacks etc.
They then discuss the reason for picking each with the presenter and one of the music tracks from that particular album/piece of classical music is played.

I just found that they've opened up the archive of their episodes and turned them each into podcasts and I'm a happy lady. Search for it in your podcast program/app (you may have to type "Archive" first, but once you do you can usually see the title "Desert Island Discs -yyyy-yyyy" in the episode logo). Have a look! Anyone already found it too and loving it?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Mainly classical music perhaps, but also jazz and sometimes pop.  There was one musician who chose only his own recordings...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up