THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pokémon Go  (Read 40588 times)

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
Re: Pokémon Go
« Reply #50 on: 09 Aug 2016, 16:20 »

You have an official company policy on what Pokemon Go team you're supposed to join?  :psyduck:

Oh, and the correct decision is obviously Team Valor.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: 09 Aug 2016, 16:46 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #52 on: 30 Aug 2016, 08:20 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #53 on: 03 Sep 2016, 05:38 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #54 on: 03 Sep 2016, 22:17 »

Given the number of accidents caused by people texting while driving, yes, I'd say it was inevitable.

Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

nellsen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #55 on: 08 Sep 2016, 02:47 »

That's desperately sad... But what's the solution? That feature to detect movement sounds good, but surely there's only so much the developers can't do to stop people from doing crazily dangerous stuff while play. The only alternative would be to ban it outright I guess.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #56 on: 08 Sep 2016, 13:39 »

I suppose they could make it so it doesn't work at all over a certain speed.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #57 on: 09 Sep 2016, 11:29 »

IIRC, above a certain speed, it makes one hit something to the effect of "I'm a passenger" in order to do certain things.  But that only solves the speed issue.  With Niantic's other game, I know that I routinely flout traffic laws on my bike.  If I was less observant…
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #58 on: 10 Sep 2016, 03:16 »

That's desperately sad... But what's the solution? That feature to detect movement sounds good, but surely there's only so much the developers can't do to stop people from doing crazily dangerous stuff while play. The only alternative would be to ban it outright I guess.

What's banning going to do? It won't stop them from texting or playing some other game while driving.

Except it won't be a single game with a critical mass of popularity and media attention at fault, so we'll all feel more comfortable, I suppose.

I don't have a good alternative suggestion, unfortunately. Mass advertising showing graphic consequences of your attention being diverted while driving, maybe.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #59 on: 11 Sep 2016, 19:51 »

As an update to my earlier posts, my current top Pokémon:

And that Snorlax in the bottom right corner... His name is Heaviside.  :clairedoge:

nellsen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #60 on: 14 Sep 2016, 06:24 »

What's banning going to do? It won't stop them from texting or playing some other game while driving.

Except it won't be a single game with a critical mass of popularity and media attention at fault, so we'll all feel more comfortable, I suppose.

I don't have a good alternative suggestion, unfortunately. Mass advertising showing graphic consequences of your attention being diverted while driving, maybe.
Absolutely, that's what I mean, it's a shoddy alternative but I can see it being a convenient scapegoat because it would be easier for the authorities to say 'look! we've done something about it!'

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #61 on: 15 Sep 2016, 07:44 »

Pokemon Go has apparently turned me into a virtual dog walker.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #62 on: 18 Feb 2017, 16:09 »

Fuck Blissey, and anyone who would put a Blissey in a gym while someone else is in the middle of battling it.

tabeeR

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #63 on: 17 Feb 2021, 09:43 »

the game is dead or is it still alive?!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #64 on: 17 Feb 2021, 11:41 »

the game is dead or is it still alive?!

You know, a little bit of research on the net would have told you that changes were made last year to accommodate people who were stuck in lockdowns around the world. So that alone would have told me that the game is still going.

follyfonda

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #65 on: 18 Feb 2021, 08:32 »

Ahhhhh, pokemon go... Dude I haven't heard about this game in ages. As I know it is actually dead. It is actually a pitty that this game died. I actually think that it was an awesome game, which had to be developed further. I guess, it was the only game that made us spend that much time outdoors and actually go for some really long walks. Right now, there are not any kind of similar games. Even more, we are not even having a good pokemon game. Actually, the only one which could be considered ok is pokemon firered. It is not bad, however if you decide to use the cheats from https://www.inversegamer.com/pokemon-firered-cheats-codes-and-hints/ , you could actually like it waaaay more.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2021, 04:40 by follyfonda »

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #66 on: 19 Feb 2021, 07:33 »

Still being regularly updated, I just don’t know how many people actually play these days.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #67 on: 31 Aug 2021, 18:59 »

I found this old thread looking through the forum, noticed the screenshot I posted above, and figured I’d post an update…

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up