THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, first week back from guest strip week - what's our topic?

Clinton meets Brun - Again.
Clinton and Brun miss connections hilariously.
Brun meets Cosette. (Now you know how "The Blink" happened.)
Clinton and Claire Sibling-Bond.
Wacky Pokemon-Go AnthroPC Hijinks
Something else... it's just way too hot here in the States.
Purple Monkey Elephant Dishwashers.
Spathe Ham and Waffles.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3271-3275* (25-29 July 2016)  (Read 33595 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
WCDT Strips 3271-3275* (25-29 July 2016)
« on: 24 Jul 2016, 15:15 »

Another Week, Another Poll.

* - The boss pre-numbered the Patreon strip as 3266.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2016, 19:03 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: WCDT Strips 3271-3275* (25-29 July 2016)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2016, 15:49 »

Wild possibility: Brun and Renee go to find Pintsize to stop him texting Renee by complaining to him in person. Thus it is that Brun runs into Clinton who is at Marten's place, helping Claire move some of her stuff into Marten's room.

It is... disturbing... how well Brun and Claire mesh.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2016, 19:51 »

It is... disturbing... how well Brun and Claire mesh.

Hmm. I find that easy to imagine. Both have pretty damn hardcore reasons to be utterly alienated from "normal" society. Claire's moment of luck was finding a man raised by a dominatrix and a gay man. Could Brun find fortune and love in something similar because of the mirror his sister has held up? 

It's not been explicitly stated but he's apparently one of the few that have respected her choices, her autonomy and still said he'd like to see her again. That is no small measure of honor given to her.
Emily is the Avatar.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2016, 23:51 »

New Comic!

Claire, um... Okay, I admit to knowing next to nothing about this but isn't it traditional to have a design in mind before you make an appointment? I know that it's traditional ask someone before you buy them a body modification!

I do love how Claire starts off by asking 'if' Clinton would like a matching tattoo and then admits that she actually had already made the appointment. That's our pushy Claire!
~~~~

Squiddlywinx

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2016, 23:55 »

Claire's wearing such a weird poofy trenchcoat thing. Is that something that happens in places other than California where you have seasons?

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2016, 00:05 »

Are Clinton's glasses gone for good? The fire corrected whatever vision defect he had? Or did he always have contacts, and has switched over to them?

improvnerd

• Furry furrier
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2016, 00:27 »

Claire's wearing such a weird poofy trenchcoat thing. Is that something that happens in places other than California where you have seasons?

We have seasons in California. We just file them geographically instead of chronologically.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2016, 01:00 »

Are Clinton's glasses gone for good? The fire corrected whatever vision defect he had? Or did he always have contacts, and has switched over to them?

Like many people in real life, he seems to have switched to contacts without bothering to tell anyone, and they will realise at their own pace.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2016, 01:05 »

"Dear Princess Celestia:
I didn't learn anything! I was right all along!
Signed: Claire Augustus"

Didn't we just go over not making major life decisions for Clinton without his permission? Matching tattoos might just qualify.
oh god

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2016, 01:08 »

Now that I look at it, Clinton's coat seems stranger to me than Claire's.  My winter coat has the same size as most of my shirts on the label, and it extends well past my hips.  Plus, that hat - I don't think I've ever seen an American wear one of those hats.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Zog

• Plantmonster
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jul 2016, 02:03 »

I once made the mistake of going to Milwaukee right after shaving my head for the spring and a new friend loaned me a hat just like that. The lake wind blowing on a bare head will give you the worlds worst ice cream headache.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2016, 02:27 »

I was sent to Chicago for work one December some years ago, and I bought a coat very much like that. They are a real thing. On the other hand, shouldn't an ear-flap cap like Clinton's have the fleece on the outside of the flaps when they're flipped up, so that it would be on the inside when folded down? Like an ushanka? Or this:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

oddtail

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2016, 02:39 »

Yeah, the placement of the fleece is... confusing, to say the least.

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2016, 02:43 »

The earflaps are reversed, but it seems a fairly standard winter hat. The northern states have similar weather to southern Canada, so I would imagine it would be a common hat choice. As for the coat, to me it looks like Clinton is wearing a hoody, but "bomber style" winter jackets are a thing.

blue5

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #14 on: 25 Jul 2016, 03:06 »

Clinton has more of the martin calmness than before.

Also, what is with claire and needing to put stuff on people without asking first? Did she/he learn from the last time? I know she thinks it will help them bond but thats extreme.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jul 2016, 03:29 »

Now that I look at it, Clinton's coat seems stranger to me than Claire's.  My winter coat has the same size as most of my shirts on the label, and it extends well past my hips.  Plus, that hat - I don't think I've ever seen an American wear one of those hats.

Those hats tend to be more popular in the midwest, but with the popularity of Fargo it might be more trendy to wear one these days.  Of course it's a practical hat in places that can get very cold and Clinton is a practical man. 

Nice way to bond, but I don't think these two can agree on matching tattoos. 

Corsair

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #16 on: 25 Jul 2016, 04:04 »

It -is- possible that Claire is just screwing with him. She -is- his sister.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2016, 04:06 »

Clinton has more of the martin calmness than before.

Also, what is with claire and needing to put stuff on people without asking first? Did she/he learn from the last time? I know she thinks it will help them bond but thats extreme.

Moderator Comment She. Claire is 'she.' Benefit of the doubt lets you make that mistake once.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2016, 06:00 by Neko_Ali »
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jul 2016, 04:43 »

I once made the mistake of going to Milwaukee right after shaving my head for the spring and a new friend loaned me a hat just like that. The lake wind blowing on a bare head will give you the worlds worst ice cream headache.

Now imagine that wind not stopping for, oh, about three-four months.

THAT is what it's like to live in my part of the state of Wisconsin.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2016, 05:09 »

I moved from Oklahoma to Wisconsin in early April. When I left Oklahoma, it was 85 F (29 C) outside, and I was wearing shorts and no coat. Upon arrival in Wisconsin, it was 40 F (4 C) outside, and I froze my ass off.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jul 2016, 06:23 »

Possible explanation for the hat: The fur on the ear flaps is sandwiched between two layers of leather.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense either. Nobody makes a hat like that. Unless the ear flaps are intended to be decorative rather than functional? No, because who would wear a hat like that for any reason other than pure functionality? It's not exactly stylish.

Okay, just going to have to accept the ear flaps as an artistic error and move on.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #21 on: 25 Jul 2016, 12:38 »

40 degrees F sounds incredible. I'd kill for that right now. This summer has been atrocious.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #22 on: 25 Jul 2016, 14:35 »

Now that I look at it, Clinton's coat seems stranger to me than Claire's. My winter coat has the same size as most of my shirts on the label, and it extends well past my hips.
Yeah, but that's not a winter coat on Clinton, it's a zip-up hoodie.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #23 on: 25 Jul 2016, 14:56 »

Quote from: forum rules
... trans*  people are male, female, or other as they report themselves to be. They have spent their lives grappling with their identity and are the world's leading authorities on it.
use pronouns people tell you to use for them. And don't put them in quotes.

Administrator Comment We are not flexible on this.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 25 Jul 2016, 15:00 »

@Zebedaiah.  Two words for ya - Dome Poppers.  Probably the dome half is attaced via a double layer under the outer skin of the earflap and the other half is attached to the hat the same way.  That hat and it's ear muffs look more a fashion statement rather than anything that could be usefully expected to protect your ears if you unpopped the flaps.

Sibling bonding - ya gotta love it  ;)   And I hope that Brun does turn up again.

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #25 on: 25 Jul 2016, 19:24 »

Ideas for matching we're not twins tattoos?

I suggest "Da Red Menace" in mock Cyrilic letters.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #26 on: 25 Jul 2016, 20:08 »

Or maybe a wreath of laurels.

You know.

The Augustus Caesars.
oh god

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #27 on: 26 Jul 2016, 00:18 »

New Comic!

I'm betting that Renee will kick Brun out by the end of the week simply because she can't handle her special needs. She's a nice person, deep down but she's not the sort of personality that generally makes a good roomie. You need to have a special kind of mindset to live with someone who has no brain-to-mouth filter on that level.
~~~~

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2016, 00:29 »

I've always thought of casserole as a Midwestern thing.  It never really was a thing for me growing up... "casserole" to me just meant "that thing you microwave leftovers in."

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #29 on: 26 Jul 2016, 00:50 »

New Comic!

I'm betting that Renee will kick Brun out by the end of the week simply because she can't handle her special needs. She's a nice person, deep down but she's not the sort of personality that generally makes a good roomie. You need to have a special kind of mindset to live with someone who has no brain-to-mouth filter on that level.

I'm betting that you are wrong on this one.

For all her complaints, I am sure that she is quite used to this. And vice versa.

In my experience, it is common for people to misunderstand others' relationship dynamics.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #30 on: 26 Jul 2016, 01:42 »

The title of the comic, 'Smartassarole', has got me thinking. Is Jeph telling us that Brun likes to slip in the occasional deliberate snark and then straight-facedly claim that it is just her 'thing' of telling it the way she sees it? That might be an interesting character wrinkle if that's the case. If nothing else, Brun does seem to have some of the traits of a particuarly obnoxious teenager, right up to speaking with her mouth full of food (probably because doing so is 'more efficient')!

Just in case anyone is wondering, no this isn't Brun hate. I'm just trying to analyse the character. Jeph's characters generally tend to have enormous character flaws aside from any mental or emotional disorders (the romantic foils in particular) so it wouldn't be unprecendented for Brun to have a ones of her own. In Brun's case, it seems that she can just be a bit of an asshole sometimes.

I've always thought of casserole as a Midwestern thing.  It never really was a thing for me growing up... "casserole" to me just meant "that thing you microwave leftovers in."

Casseroles are a common dish worldwide; there are British versions too, made of chopped meat and vegetables stewed together with herbs and spices and eaten best with suet dumplings. Damn... now I'm hungry!  :-P
~~~~

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jul 2016, 02:09 »

Re: Yesterday's comic: Yah, Claire has learnt nothing- didn't we just talk about pushing people, especially Clinton, into decisions? But ha-ha it's Claire so it's cute. And of course,  se is right; the one who had to undergo character development is Clinton (not that he didn't dearly need it, but so did Claire).

Today's: This isn't just Brun being quirky, I think. By now she has to do it on purpose, maybe because Renee annoys her; she would be annoying me too, but again, passive aggressive bullshit just doesn't go over well with me. She could have just stayed at the motel if Renee's is so bad.

oddtail

« Reply #32 on: 26 Jul 2016, 02:29 »

We don't know Brun and Renee's relationship, so it's possible that they are both comfortable with this kind of interaction. Maybe Renee doesn't really care, and Brun seems to always say whatever is on her mind. Renee possibly is used to it and wouldn't expect anything else.

But seriously? Being served food and calling it "dog vomit" is uncalled for. In fact, I'll go ahead and say it's a very, very dickish thing to say. "I'm just saying" has to be the lamest excuse for being insulting, too.

And I personally value honesty, even sometimes at the expense of being polite. I am not beyond criticising food that just doesn't taste/look that great, and even meals I enjoy, I point the flaws of, some of the time. I can veer into somewhat impolite territory with that, too.

But I would still not say unappetizing food "looks like dog vomit". There's being honest, and there's being rude. These overlap, but they are not the same thing, and confusing the two is not helpful for anyone.

Keep in mind, I don't think Brun is evil for saying what she said or anything. But I still think what she says is wrong (again, barring the possibility that it's just how she and Renee talk - some people casually insult their close friends as a weird show of affection that I don't claim to understand). It's insulting, it's thoughtless and it's pointless. It seems that for Brun, politeness and manners is something that happens to other people. Judging by what I've seen so far, she is unaware to an extent that a lot of what she says is improper and often very rude.

But being unaware that something is not OK does *not* make it automatically OK.

EDIT: I think Brun might be completely missing the point, saying "Probably tastes fine, I'll still eat it". If a guest described my cooking as "looking like dog vomit" and followed up with "I'll still eat it", I probably would not (because I'm big on hospitality and such), but I *would* be very tempted to take away their plate and being all "who said you still GET to eat my food? Buy your own damn food". I mean, seriously. Being offered food and snarking about it seems like a terribly rude thing to me.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2016, 02:42 by oddtail »

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #33 on: 26 Jul 2016, 02:34 »

I just want to say in the third panel it looks like Renee has a giant left ear to me.
oh god

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #34 on: 26 Jul 2016, 02:53 »

Casseroles are a common dish worldwide; there are British versions too, made of chopped meat and vegetables stewed together with herbs and spices and eaten best with suet dumplings. Damn... now I'm hungry!  :-P

Well... clearly not in Ireland.  And the dishes they're being served look supremely unappetizing to me... is that what a casserole is?  I always thought it adhered (preferably with a binder other than cheese), rather than sitting on the plate like an overcooked stirfry...

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #35 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:11 »

IMO, like stews, they should be served in a bowl along with bread for mopping up the leftover gravy.

Casseroles are old dishes; pre-industrial with a history probably going back to the post-Roman epoch or even further. Consequently, they are made very much for efficient use of whatever ingredients are available for maximum nutrition value and storage of leftovers. It is definitely not an entrant in the 'food = art' world.

BTW - What is the difference between a casserole and a stew? Stews use mostly just stock gravy and don't take that long to cook whilst casseroles have far more elaborate sauces and tend to take longer to cook because the sauce needs time to flavour the meat.
~~~~

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #36 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:14 »

Re: Yesterday's comic: Yah, Claire has learnt nothing- didn't we just talk about pushing people, especially Clinton, into decisions? But ha-ha it's Claire so it's cute.

The attitude towards Claire in this thread is unsettling to me. Clinton has shown himself to be braver than he used to be, he is well within his rights to say no.

People are also ignoring that Claire says that it can be cancelled, and Clinton says he wanted another tattoo anyway.

How about we pay attention to the strip to see whether they actually get matching tattoos and whether Clinton ends up liking it? Especially if he's choosing the design.

oddtail

« Reply #37 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:31 »

The attitude towards Claire in this thread is unsettling to me. Clinton has shown himself to be braver than he used to be, he is well within his rights to say no.

I see where you're coming from, but making an appointment, with the possibility of cancelling, without consulting Clinton *before* making the appointment seems, to me, a bit presumptous. The decision should be made together with him. Yes, he can say "no", but he could always say no, even if she sprung this at him at the last second. Wouldn't make it 100% right. Making the arrangements before checking for his OK seems pushy.

People in the thread may be overreacting, possibly, but I think Claire did not, in fact, completely learn her lesson here. She's not doing anything atrocious, but she still doesn't think to ask ahead of time what Clinton thinks of the idea.

(granted, I'm not very objective here, because I've had anxiety attacks (or whatever those were) upon being informed less than three days in advance that I was going to a friggin' cinema. To get a tattoo, I'd need at least a month or two to get comfortable with the idea, and another month or so to decide on a design. Clinton is clearly not as screwed up as I am, and he *has* been shown to get a tattoo on a whim, basically. But I... guess even a normal person would ideally want to think it through for a few days at least, right? And to be fair, Clinton's USUAL deal seems to be to mull over things for a while, he's not very spontaneous. So I still think Claire seems awfully pushy, given that she knows that about her brother)

As a side note, I'm a bit surprised that Claire could set an appointment on such short notice. Must be an US thing... my wife, when she did her first tattoo, booked the appointment months and months in advance, because the tattoo artist was fully booked (always is, apparently) at least three months in advance at all times. Granted, that particular artist, from what I gather, is very popular and has a great reputation, so it's probably unusual. Still, a few days? Huh.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #38 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:34 »

In Claire's defence, she's been fantasising about shared tattoos ever since the blow-up over Emily. I really think that she's set her heart on this, telling herself that it will be a great bonding moment for them. I can see Clinton agreeing on the basis that it is clear to him that this is something Claire needs in their relationship, right now.

My suggestion? A matching pattern on Clinton's left and Claire's right shoulder. Given their likely gaelic ancestry, maybe a celtic knot pattern or something.
~~~~

Gyrre

« Reply #39 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:45 »

Thank you, Brun!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks some casseroles look really weird/kind of gross.
Especially if there's an excess of peas.

Incidentally, I've been around dogs all of my life, so I know exactly the sort of casserole that is (though I don't recall the name). The meat is roast beef, if memory serves.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #40 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:55 »

Those hats tend to be more popular in the midwest, but with the popularity of Fargo it might be more trendy to wear one these days.  Of course it's a practical hat in places that can get very cold and Clinton is a practical man. 

Nice way to bond, but I don't think these two can agree on matching tattoos.
IDK
They both seem like they'd like whatever their universe's equivalent of 'The Legend of Zelda' is. So maybe that games equivalent of the triforce?
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

gopher

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #41 on: 26 Jul 2016, 04:02 »

Re: Yesterday's comic: Yah, Claire has learnt nothing- didn't we just talk about pushing people, especially Clinton, into decisions? But ha-ha it's Claire so it's cute.

Where as some people can find the Author/fans view that Claire is so super cool she can do no wrong a little wearing to. People can have different opinions yet no-body is wrong.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #42 on: 26 Jul 2016, 04:04 »

I do NOT like todays comic.

But its a great comment on the current state of the world - with gun rampages even in Japan.

People can have different opinions yet no-body is wrong.
Well if the body isnt wrong, can the mind be wrong ?
Carpe Diem

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #43 on: 26 Jul 2016, 04:46 »

Where as some people can find the Author/fans view that Claire is so super cool she can do no wrong a little wearing to. People can have different opinions yet no-body is wrong.

I have no issue with people not liking Claire. I have no issue with people not liking any character in the comic, because they're all fictional. I also don't think Claire is faultless, and Jeph clearly doesn't either. My point wasn't even about that, my point was about how I find it bizarre how seemingly personally offended people were that Claire booked the appointment, again because they're fictional.

There's a common thread in WCDTs of this personal offense being taken over character actions and it's just not something I've ever understood.

I see where you're coming from, but making an appointment, with the possibility of cancelling, without consulting Clinton *before* making the appointment seems, to me, a bit presumptous.

Yes, it does.

The decision should be made together with him. Yes, he can say "no", but he could always say no, even if she sprung this at him at the last second. Wouldn't make it 100% right. Making the arrangements before checking for his OK seems pushy.

Sure, but also very common among a lot of people. Also, Clinton seems at worst mildly irritated by it and again actually into the idea. Can we not let Clinton make his own choices about how he feels?

People in the thread may be overreacting, possibly, but I think Claire did not, in fact, completely learn her lesson here. She's not doing anything atrocious, but she still doesn't think to ask ahead of time what Clinton thinks of the idea.

Also possible. Pobody's nerfect after all.

(granted, I'm not very objective here, because I've had anxiety attacks (or whatever those were) upon being informed less than three days in advance that I was going to a friggin' cinema. To get a tattoo, I'd need at least a month or two to get comfortable with the idea, and another month or so to decide on a design. Clinton is clearly not as screwed up as I am, and he *has* been shown to get a tattoo on a whim, basically. But I... guess even a normal person would ideally want to think it through for a few days at least, right? And to be fair, Clinton's USUAL deal seems to be to mull over things for a while, he's not very spontaneous. So I still think Claire seems awfully pushy, given that she knows that about her brother)

I also suffer from anxiety so I get that completely, but then, the character in the comic is not you or I. I'd also say Claire would be justified in not really knowing what her brother wants given how mercurial he's been lately. Yeah, he's a mulling things over kinda guy... Except for that night he got his hair cut and a tattoo just because Emily said so. Does Clinton even know Clinton?

As a side note, I'm a bit surprised that Claire could set an appointment on such short notice. Must be an US thing... my wife, when she did her first tattoo, booked the appointment months and months in advance, because the tattoo artist was fully booked (always is, apparently) at least three months in advance at all times. Granted, that particular artist, from what I gather, is very popular and has a great reputation, so it's probably unusual. Still, a few days? Huh.

Jeph has shitloads of tattoos so probably knows more than either of us, but in my very limited experience I would say having the appointment booked that short notice suggests this is one shitty tattoo artist.

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #44 on: 26 Jul 2016, 04:54 »

Interesting that Clinton started out in the comic as someone who wasn't good at respecting other people's boundaries, but from recent events clearly HAS learned his lesson (with a little help from his friends Mister Hose and Little Miss Electrode).

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #45 on: 26 Jul 2016, 05:46 »

Could have been worse Renee.  At least Brun didn't throw the plate across the room and call it garbage. 

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #46 on: 26 Jul 2016, 05:51 »

I kinda want a thread of forum users' favorite casserole recipes.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #47 on: 26 Jul 2016, 06:47 »

I make a mean kiss my asserole.

Sorry, that was a little bit crasserole.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #48 on: 26 Jul 2016, 06:59 »

Renee's problem is she's always expecting validation for her presumptuous decisions. Whether it's deciding who your friends can be or what you'll eat tonight, she thinks you should be grateful she's imposing her opinion on you.

Will this be the impetus that makes Brun seek out Clinton? If I were Brun, I'd be desperate for an escape from that living situation.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #49 on: 26 Jul 2016, 07:03 »

I don't think making dinner for a friend who is staying with you is presumptuous, nor is it unreasonable to expect a thank you rather than insults when you do.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up