Steve and Cossette
Renee and Brun
Marten and Claire
Hannelore and Uncanny Valley Winslow
ClaireMom and Chad
Faye and Claire
Other

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 3276-3280 - 1st to 5th August 2016  (Read 25230 times)

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few
Re: WCDT strips 3276-3280 - 1st to 5th August 2016
« Reply #100 on: 05 Aug 2016, 03:14 »

At what age does a muffin cease to be a muffin?
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #101 on: 05 Aug 2016, 03:22 »

When it becomes stale and dry enough to pass for a rock cake.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #102 on: 05 Aug 2016, 04:05 »

If we're still following Renee and Brun, then there must be a junction with the main cast coming up. And not just Pintsize on Tinder.
All I could think of once the word junction was mentioned was peticoat and then my thoughts went plaid from there.

Warning - while you were typing 11 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post because you forgot to hit send last night.

When it gets classified as a building material.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #103 on: 05 Aug 2016, 04:25 »

If we're still following Renee and Brun, then there must be a junction with the main cast coming up. And not just Pintsize on Tinder.

I should warn that this post has some wild guesswork. It also contains what could be seen as spoilers from Jeph's Twitter feed.

It's always difficult to assess timelines in Questionable Content; sometimes arcs are parallel and sometimes they're sequential. However, right now, I'm feeling confident that Renee and Brun are going to The Secret Bakery on the morning after Faye expressed an interest in Bubbles' internal engineering.

My guess is that Brun is going to get roped into delivering the day's muffins to Coffee of Doom. The general feel of the flow of events feels good for at least a large number of the the cast to be present (it's morning and we know that at least Tai and Marten get their morning coffee there before starting at the Library). I suspect that, at the very least, we're going to get some interaction between Brun and the team of Emily and Hannelore.

Clinton may or may not appear in this sequence. It might be interesting if Claire is also present and she has to deny that she somehow arranged for Brun to be present (something that Clinton finds hard to believe until Brun asks him who Claire is).

However, the main event will be Faye and Bubbles' arrival. I'm sure that we're going to find out precisely what happened between them last night (if anything). Possibly, their behaviour will be... atypical and this leads to some interesting interactions, espeically with the blunt-to-the-point-of-rudeness Brun giving her own opinion. The multiple interactions will lead to Emily questioning why the gods mock her thus whilst Hannelore wonders whether what she is seeing and hearing can really be a Thing.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Stanistani

• Not quite a lurker
  • I am inspired by the talents of others.
    • Wikipediocracy Blog
« Reply #104 on: 05 Aug 2016, 05:00 »

I suppose some time after Faye hurls it at a busker.
Questionable Content is one of the few web comics I check out daily - it's that good.

Wikipediocracy - We show the world what's wrong with Wikipedia...

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #105 on: 05 Aug 2016, 10:48 »

So how late am I to the party where I just now realized that this is the same Renee from Secret Bakery?I guess she drastically changed her personality and looks.

You're far from the only person who thought she was a different Renee. There was a fair bit of back and forth about it.

I guess yesterday's donuts are already gone.

Seriously, I can only imagine what it would be like to go to work to the smell of fresh baked bread everyday. Would you get sick of carbs? Have cravings for steak and salad?

Homemade raspberry cinnamon oat muffins the size of both your fists together and drizzled with real honey.
Screw donuts

Possibly, their behaviour will be... atypical and this leads to some interesting interactions, espeically with the blunt-to-the-point-of-rudeness Brun giving her own opinion. The multiple interactions will lead to Emily questioning why the gods mock her thus whilst Hannelore wonders whether what she is seeing and hearing can really be a Thing.

IDK, Brun seemed fine with the idea of Renee going on a date with Pintsize (clearly she's never met him).

Pretty sure that's a reaction shot of the assorted deliscious non-factory baked goods spilling on the floor. Her favorites likely being most of what's not salvagable (according to the health code).
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #106 on: 05 Aug 2016, 11:45 »

Or both could be reacting to a harpoon in the ceiling to complement the broadsword.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #107 on: 05 Aug 2016, 12:29 »

Did Hanners used to straighten her hair when it was longer? Cos it was never that fluffy when it was long.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #108 on: 05 Aug 2016, 15:19 »

I suspect that the current floof is author appeal.  Even if we can explain away pre-haircut Hanners as something early that was retconned, in strip 2134 we see a flashback to her as a little girl.  I suspect that in that state, she wouldn't sit still and stop either flailing or trying to kill long enough for anyone to straighten that.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #109 on: 05 Aug 2016, 15:29 »

Also, long hair is heavy.  This obviously hasn't affected the floof on Claire, but Hanners may have the kind of floof that is unsustainable when her hair gets too long.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #110 on: 05 Aug 2016, 16:23 »

Or they pass through The Floof Event Horizon and end up looking like Cousin It.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #111 on: 05 Aug 2016, 17:13 »

Still, that hip to waist ratio on Brun in panel 4. Dang.
(Emphasis added.)

She's scrunched down in the seat there MrNumbers, that can sometimes distort things

What seat? In panel 4 they're standing outside on the sidewalk.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #112 on: 05 Aug 2016, 17:21 »

If it weren't for the fire, would Faye and Marten have become roommates?

I still suspect Faye set the fire deliberately.
By contrast, did we, or anyone in the strip, ever have solid evidence that the fire actually happened?
Seriously, the first, and last, thing we ever hear of it is Faye's original intro; no newspaper clippings, no news reports, not even Dora (who was Faye's friend/boss before she moved in with Marten) asking if she was able to get much out of her insurer…

Uhhh wowzers.... Maybe she just got evicted and that was an early warning sign of her alcoholism

CM_albion

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #113 on: 05 Aug 2016, 18:21 »

So, Renee is REALLY, REALLY starting to worry me in her relationship with Brun, and i'm not sure why. but this comics last panel has kind of hammered it home for me again and i think it's to do with the way she treats her.  She seems to be making, or trying to make, All of Brun's choices for her and making her friend adapt to her lifestyle, with genuine good intentions, i don't see any malice in it, but the whole way she's treated Brun since the two started interacting just does not sit right with me.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #114 on: 05 Aug 2016, 19:51 »

Offering free muffins is hardly manipulation. She made an offer, Brun accepted, because she likes muffins.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

BlueFatima

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #115 on: 06 Aug 2016, 08:50 »

Offering free muffins is hardly manipulation. She made an offer, Brun accepted, because she likes muffins.

I agree. While Renee has some boundary issues she needs to work on (and her off-comic backstory wasn't great), she's striking me as a good friend to Brun in this arc (even though she has her annoying moments). I think it's very easy to fall into depression when you lose everything. By encouraging Brun to get up and go out with her, she's actually keeping her from falling into that pattern. I've had friends/family who've done that for me in the past and it really helped me a lot.

chris73

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Beep Bop Boop
« Reply #116 on: 07 Aug 2016, 14:48 »

Might just be me but that third panel looks really creepy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up