THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 11:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rogue One  (Read 15534 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Star Wars: Rogue One
« on: 12 Aug 2016, 03:56 »

The upcoming Star Wars movie is, I think, cool enough to have a thread of its very own.

The trailers have been posted elsewhere, but here they are.

https://youtu.be/Wji-BZ0oCwg

https://youtu.be/frdj1zb9sMY
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2016, 04:03 »

It might sound silly and fanboyish of me but it's kind of good to be going back to the Civil War era, even if for only one movie.

One thing I'm anticipating from this film is an insight about just how terrible life was inside the Empire. Even on secure worlds, Imperial civilian technicians (like Bodhi) live in a state of fear, knowing that they could lose everything with little warning at the whim of a low-ranking Imperial officer who wants a 'demonstration' made to the local populace to remind them of the futility of rebellion.

~*~*~

I want the ending of the film to be something like this: Jyn, sitting on the lip of the cockpit of a Y-Wing, checking instrument settlings or something. She's obviosly introspective, thinking of all the friends she'd lost (some of whom she barely knew) in the Rogue One mission. Suddenly a familiar voice calls out from off frame. "Um... excuse me?"

Jyn briefly questions the newcomer (who stays out of shot) and determines that he is a newly-recruited X-Wing pilot who will be joining the upcoming attack on the Death Star and who needs directions to the Quartermaster Stores to draw a flight suit. "Thanks for the help! I'll see you out there and... uh... I guess we'll talk more when we get back?" the kid concludes.

"Force willing," she says with a smile, thinking of Chirrut. "I'm Jyn Erso, by the way - Gold Nine."

We finally see the person she's talking to. "Oh, I'm Luke! Luke Skywalker!" ((Maybe they'll use the face insertion technology they used in Tron: Legacy to put young Mark Hamill into the shot))

"Pleased to meet you, Luke-Luke Skywalker," Jyn teases; wipe to end credits.

Yes, I believe that Rey is Luke and Jyn's daughter. :wink: I'm going to make another prediction - In Episode VIII, Luke will tell Rey that most of his early knowledge of the Force came from Jyn telling him what Chirrut taught her of his own beliefs. This will be the in-universe explanation for why Luke's own style in Episode V and VI is so different from the acrobatic and flashy style of the Jedi of the Prequel Trilogy.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2016, 07:31 »

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2016, 09:31 »

BenRG, if that actually happens, you win a million internets.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2016, 15:17 »

And Lucasfilm will be sending the In House Bounty Hunters round to find out where you got your information from

:-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2016, 18:58 »

They'll want you alive, no disintegrations.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2016, 04:30 »

There is a bit of a debate going on around the Internet at the moment about precisely what Cassian and Jyn are escaping from towards the end of the trailer when their U-Wing jumps to hyperspace from inside what likes like an apocalyptic sandstorm. Some speculation is that Director Krennic will, in response to increasing successes by Saw's rebel faction, order the Death Star to destroy the planet Jedah. Others have responded that this is not possible as it is established that Alderaan was the first planet totally destroyed by the Death Star.

Well, there is a way around that. Ever heard of a 'Base Delta Zero'? That what the Star Wars RPG source book called the process of rendering a planet's surface uninhabitable using conventional weapons such as heavy turbolasers and proton rockets. Even if the Death Star's superlaser is not yet functioning, its 15,000 heavy turbolaser turrets could have liquefied the surface  around Jedah City in a matter of seconds and gone on to devastate the rest of the planet in a matter of hours (depending on its orbital altitude and inclination). Although Jedah as a celestial body would still exist, its' surface would look more like Mustafar after a BDZ.

At the very least, that is what our plucky heroes are trying to escape. Several hundred turbolaser detonations (each blast is rated in the megatonne TNT equivalent range), all occurring in a matter of a few seconds at most, would be like a large meteorite strike, flash-heating the atmosphere and creating a 'wall' of hypersonic explosively displaced atmosphere and regolith. You can definitely see that in the trailer. So, I feel fairly confident in predicting that we are going to see what it was that Han Solo said it would take a thousand starships to do.
~~~~

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2016, 16:32 »

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #8 on: 05 Sep 2016, 19:33 »

Well, duh.  :roll:  :mrgreen:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2016, 03:25 »

So, Disney have issued some official art for Rogue One. One picture caught my eye:

Team Line-Up

This is purely me but the presence of a Y-Wing in the array of fighters flying overhead simply reinforces my theory that Jyn is going to turn out to be the one pilot from Gold Squadron who survived the attack on the first Death Star. :wink:
~~~~

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #10 on: 13 Dec 2016, 09:38 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #11 on: 15 Dec 2016, 02:16 »

Going to see it this evening, so excited!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #12 on: 15 Dec 2016, 19:35 »

Just saw it.  The first half is rather droll.  The second half more than made up for it!
(click to show/hide)
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #13 on: 16 Dec 2016, 03:36 »

Saw it. Loved it. All in all I think I liked it even more than TFA.

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2016, 05:41 »

Also did anyone else notice that half the scenes in the trailers are not even in the movie?

Such as:
(click to show/hide)

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #15 on: 16 Dec 2016, 05:48 »

It doesn't surprise me.

(click to show/hide)
~~~~

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #16 on: 16 Dec 2016, 05:50 »

That's the way to do it if you ask me.  :-D

TheEvilDog

« Reply #17 on: 16 Dec 2016, 18:32 »

Ah yes, but how about
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #18 on: 17 Dec 2016, 09:35 »

BenRG's Star Wars ranking:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
=3. Return of the Jedi
=3. Rogue One
=5. Attack of the Clones
=5. The Force Awakens
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. The Phantom Menace

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2016, 10:25 by BenRG »
~~~~

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 17 Dec 2016, 11:40 »

James The Kugai 

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #20 on: 17 Dec 2016, 19:29 »

I watched it and enjoyed the heck out of it. It had more or less everything I want from a Star Wars flick*.

Especially the last third, where I basically regressed to childhood and bounced up and down in my seat a lot.

I was impressed how it managed to stay tense and extract an emotional response from me in spite of my knowing how it had to turn out to connect with A New Hope (which it succeeded in doing quite well).

(click to show/hide)

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #21 on: 18 Dec 2016, 13:47 »

Haven't seen it yet - but:

(click to show/hide)

Uhmmmmh - Jeremy Jahns, born May 12, 1980 about "The Empire Strikes Back", US release May 21st, 1980:

"When Empire Strikes Back first came out, I was like ..."

... like nine days old, Jeremy?

:roll:

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2016, 14:04 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #22 on: 18 Dec 2016, 14:12 »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #23 on: 18 Dec 2016, 16:16 »

Just came back from it... Very awesome, if you are at all a Star Wars fan, it is a must see. If you don't know Star Wars... it's a good movie, but you won't get why all your Star Wars friends are going nuts over it. Which is to say a lot of what happens is built on the back of the lore and mythos of Star Wars, especially A New Hope. Which is no surprise as Rogue One is literally the Prequel to A New Hope.

The inclusion of a lot of characters from A New Hope, looking the way they did decades ago was nothing short of amazing. It was really a feeling of being going back and living those days of the original movies again. The new characters ranged from Awesome, great additions to the lore to 'Wait, who was that supposed to be again?'. They did well with it all, thought he beginning when they were trying to introduce the key characters and motivations did drag on a bit. As everyone will say, the last half more than makes up for pacing issues at the beginning.

I very much like that they showed a different side to the galaxy and the Rebellion. They are fighting a civil war after all. They are terrorists trying to overthrow the elected and appointed government. It stands to reason they aren't as squeaky clean as Luke saw them in the first three movies. It was also nice to see a movie that didn't revolve around the Skywalker family for a change.

As a personal thing... I loved the references I found to the cartoon Star Wars Rebels in the movie. They were small, but awesome.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #24 on: 18 Dec 2016, 17:52 »

@Case, and be warned this is somewhat of a spoiler
(click to show/hide)

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #25 on: 19 Dec 2016, 06:26 »

@Case,

(click to show/hide)

FWIW, I'm looking forward to seeing some reverse continuity with Rebels. Maybe we'll start seeing U-Wing gunships turning up at Phoenix Base?
~~~~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #26 on: 19 Dec 2016, 06:53 »

It probably will, somewhat. In the last Rebels Recon they said they are going on winter break, and since people will have seen Rogue One by then, things that happened there will have some effect on the show. My guess is we might have a guest appearance by Saw Gerrera. He originated in The Clone Wars cartoon, and they love bringing characters from there into Rebels. The crew of the Ghost already had a brush with the construction of the Death Star over Geonosis, so there might be more details filled in about that. Rebels takes place  a few years before the completion of the Death Star and the events of Rogue One and A New Hope though, so I'm not sure how much direct connection to the cast they may have. Maybe Cassian and K2 will show up.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #27 on: 19 Dec 2016, 07:06 »

(click to show/hide)

More Denial:
(click to show/hide)
~~~~

TheEvilDog

« Reply #28 on: 19 Dec 2016, 07:48 »

More Denial:
(click to show/hide)

Seriously, if you haven't seen the film, do not read this.
(click to show/hide)

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #29 on: 19 Dec 2016, 11:29 »

@Case,

(click to show/hide)

FWIW, I'm looking forward to seeing some reverse continuity with Rebels. Maybe we'll start seeing U-Wing gunships turning up at Phoenix Base?

(click to show/hide)

Apparently, R1 also explains the 'deep mystery' behind Luke's 'Red 5'-callsign

In addition to surprise appearances from very familar characters from the past of Star Wars, Rogue One also explains a very big detail in the life of Luke Skywalker. Specifically, we learn why the Rebel Alliance needed him to fly in the Battle of Yavin in A New Hope.

"Captain Needa, Sir! A giant, planet-destroying space-station is coming straight at us!

Don't panic - we still have Red 5!

Urrrrh - Cpt. Needa ... maybe the Captain forgot that Red 5's ticket got punched last Wednesday?

Ensign Wrublslig - are you telling me that a giant, planet-destroying space-station is headed our way and we don't have anyone flying with the Red-5 callsign?

Sir .... Uhmmmh ... Yes, Sir ?!?

ZOMG! We're all doomed! WOOOOOOOOOP WOOP WOOP!"

Man, I've been loosing sleep over that one since '78!  Glad we finally seem to be getting some truth on the callsign-front ... :wink:
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2016, 12:01 by Case »
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #30 on: 19 Dec 2016, 12:13 »

The so-called 'Callsign-gate' is a lie! Red Five was an inside job!

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #31 on: 19 Dec 2016, 15:46 »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

That's the one. :)

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #32 on: 19 Dec 2016, 20:55 »

I'm kind of new to the whole Star Wars thing. Up until last year I'd never seen a SW film. Is storm trooper armor supposed to have any protective property, because it doesn't seem to.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #33 on: 19 Dec 2016, 21:35 »

It doesn't. It's just a uniform to turn the Empire's troops into well.. faceless stormtroopers. The old Clone Trooper armor, which was based on Mandalorian armor did have protective value.  But that was a difference in value system. The Republic saw it's soldiers as valuable people, even if they were clones. They wanted them to keep fighting.

Stormtrooper armor is made cheaply and in mass amounts because to them their soldiers, at least the baseline soldiers, are insignificant numbers. That's why they don't have names, they have serial numbers. They are just cogs in the Imperial machine, ready to be ground up. Heck, they were beat by teddy bears with slings and spears in Return of the Jedi.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #34 on: 20 Dec 2016, 00:00 »

This wasn't just a case of equipment either. Stormtroopers and other Imperial fighting personnel were brainwashed during training to consider themselves as as interchangeable identical tools with no intrinsic value beyond their function and capable of being totally replaced in an instant without any significant loss of efficiency to the whole machine.

This was really typified in the Starfighter Legion. The TIE/ln TIE Fighter was cheap, low-spec and basically intended first and foremost for quick and easy manufacture and also (this is important) that it was possible to quickly and easily routinely return them to factory specifications at the end of every mission. Similarly, the pilots were practically programmed to consider themselves as interchangeable and quickly and easily replaceable. So you had interchangeable and identical fighters that could be flown by what were effectively 'plug in' interchangeable and identical organic CPUs. No individuality, no personality and no intrinsic value.

(click to show/hide)

It's details like this that make me shake my head in horror at all the people who openly admit to admiring the Galactic Empire and consider them the good guys.
~~~~

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #35 on: 20 Dec 2016, 01:44 »

I'm kind of new to the whole Star Wars thing. Up until last year I'd never seen a SW film. Is storm trooper armor supposed to have any protective property, because it doesn't seem to.

Rationalization:
Probably the same protective value conventional kevlar body armour has in a warzone in this Universe: Won't stop anything coming out of a rifle, but will significantly reduce the wound-trauma and protect you against shrapnel & maybe even grazes.

And not every bullet fired in a warzone is an AK-47 rifle-round.

I wouldn't frown at "protects against shrapnel" - Gramps was a paratrooper with the Wehrmacht & his forearms looked like he had had a tete-a-tete with a great white.

Breaking the 4th wall-explanation:
So you can have a PG-12 rated war-movie? "It's not people they are shooting to death, kiddo!"

Star-Wars lore: Actually really good armour, protects against all but the most badass kinetic projectile weapons, shrapnel and even discharges from energy weapons, unless the incidence of the shot is pretty much perpendicular to the surface of the armour.

The explanation for Stormtroopers-getting-manhandled-by-teddybears-with-slingshots is that:
* Ewoks have highly developed sense of kinesthesia & are really, really good at aiming for the unarmoured joints
* Ewoks are built like terran chimps: Looks like a smiling little bag of fur, can rip your arm clean off without breaking a sweat.
* It's PG-12, duh!
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2016, 02:45 by Case »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #36 on: 20 Dec 2016, 04:20 »

There was a scene in Rogue One that proved it works...

K2SO used a trooper as a human shield and it took 5 shots and he was fine until K2SO finished him off.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #37 on: 20 Dec 2016, 07:02 »

Bit of a spoiler there... And K2SO was actually built pretty tough apparently.  Which is weird because unless they are combat models, and often times even then, droids are not built to be blaster proof. They are even more disposable than stormtroopers. It's always been a bit of a sticking point for me that droids, which are sentient machine beings, are treated as a slave race and most are programmed to think that way. They can be bought, sold, mind wiped and reprogrammed or destroyed on a whim and nobody bats an eye, even in the supposedly 'good' Republic. But then slavery of sentient beings was illegal, but still quietly practiced in some areas. Or openly so in non-Republic systems like Tattooine.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #38 on: 20 Dec 2016, 08:36 »

Considering the helmets couldn't even protect them from a guy swinging a stick, I sort of doubt their ability to protect against shrapnel, either.

/pedantic It's sapient, btw, not sentient.

I suppose one could argue that droids are merely programmed to seem sapient. Have they ever been shown to actually exhibit free will? K2SO is the closest I've seen to one disobeying orders.  Again, I'm not intimately familiar with the lore.  Of course, there's the sticky matter of human free will being largely illusory, but that's a different discussion.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #39 on: 20 Dec 2016, 08:45 »

R2-D2 was commonly seen disobeying orders and doing his own thing. He was different than many droids as he was not subjected to regular mind wipes and reprogramming as were other droids. As such he developed a strong sense of individuality. He was still loyal to his master, whoever that may be. But he would follow orders his own way. Chopper from the Rebels cartoon is much the same, except more cantankerous. There are a number of other droids, mostly in the now non-canon extended universe who often chaffed at being forced to follow orders and their inability to refuse because of their programming. Others like K2SO who would bend or 'creatively interpret' orders given to them to do what they wanted to anyway.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #40 on: 20 Dec 2016, 09:34 »

Yeah, R2-D2 is very unusual though in that he's one of a handful of droids that haven't been wiped over the years, which makes him the only character to witness and remember every major event that began with the Invasion of Naboo (Phantom Menace), right up to the beginning of the war with the First Order (Force Awakens), which makes it a 66 year timeframe.

@Sitnspin, armour tends to be useless when you have people with blasters and against all luck; run into someone thats wielding the intergalactic version of Ron Swanson's "I can do what I want permit" in the form of a lightsaber. Seriously, the lightsaber is a better form of protection than most armour within the setting.

And with regards to sapience or sentience, this is taken from canon sources.
"Sentience was the ability of an organic species to think intelligently. Sentient species notably included the Ewoks, the Patitites, the Gungans, and the Geonosians. Non-sentient organics of the animal kingdom were variously referred to as "creatures" or "beasts." There also existed creatures that appeared to have emerging sentience, such as the Zillo Beast.

Under the laws of the Galactic Republic, sentient beings could not be used as slaves. However, slavery thrived on certain remote planets such as Tatooine, and was considered a profitable trade among the Zygerrians. Most droids were afforded programming that did not allow them to harm sentient beings, with notable exceptions such as police droids and battle droids.
"

Its more of an in-universe distinction.
Yes, sapience is the correct term here on earth, but Star Wars draws from a long tradition in SF of using the term "sentient," which dates back to a time when it was thought that only intelligent beings (i.e. humans) actually felt things (other pop SF such as Star Trek and Transformers also use this term). Bear in mind that Star Wars took a lot of inspiration from the old Flash Gordon serials and the like, so a lot of the terminology is outdated or just plain wrong.

But at the same time, I try to fall back onto that classic MST3K mantra of trying to relax, its only a movie. Its going to be wrong in some instances or plain preposterous in others, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Its people running around in costumes, making pewpewpew noises with James Earl Jones sits to one side drinking tea and sounding menacing.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #41 on: 20 Dec 2016, 12:05 »

@TheEvilDog, a lot of writers use the wrong word, it's a fairly common, almost ubiquitous mistake. One that annoys me perhaps more than it should. i always appreciate when an author uses the correct terminology.

I allow for the lightsaber to bend rules, it's the magic item of the SW universe. A simple stick shouldn't knock you out if you are wearing a helmet, though. Resisting bludgeoning damage is it's primary function. Given what I know of the Empire, though, it makes sense that they use shoddy equipment when it comes to their soldiers, I guess.
@syleegrrl

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #42 on: 20 Dec 2016, 12:56 »

Some of it has to do with plot purpose as well. If one of the heroes puts on the same outfit, or an important (ie, named) bad guy, it's going to stop shots until it's plot important that it doesn't. For your typical Stormtrooper or Battle droid though.... They are literally faceless mooks. Their purpose in the movie is to provide some sense of threat, and give the heroes someone to beat up to show how badass they are.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #43 on: 20 Dec 2016, 13:22 »

Plot Armor is the most effective armor in existence.
@syleegrrl

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #44 on: 20 Dec 2016, 15:00 »

Except when it comes to mystical swords and planet sized superweapons
James The Kugai 

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #45 on: 20 Dec 2016, 19:55 »

[tweet]810019218607456256[/tweet]

Back from Rogue One and I enjoyed it
(click to show/hide)

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #46 on: 20 Dec 2016, 22:27 »

hyuk hyuk hyuk

TheEvilDog

« Reply #47 on: 22 Dec 2016, 18:38 »

Maul was red
Star Wars was sound
Anakin never won
When Ben had the high ground.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #48 on: 23 Dec 2016, 04:02 »

Well now this seems appropriate...

TheEvilDog

« Reply #49 on: 23 Dec 2016, 06:15 »

Luke: "This was my father's lightsaber?"
Obi Wan Kenobi: "Yes, your father used it to kill about 30 students at the Jedi Temple when he turned to the Dark Side and helped bring about the end of our Order. Then I dismembered his remaining organic limbs and left him to burn to death and screaming in agony on a lava planet after he tried to Force-Choke your heavily pregnant mother. And then I took his lightsaber as a troph---as a legacy for you...Not that I want you to destroy your own father, without telling you of your connection to him because I, like the rest of my order were emotionally stunted people who couldn't understand the idea that we brought about our own destruction."
Luke: .....
Obi Wan Kenobi: "I mean yes, that was your father's lightsaber. He was a good friend of mine."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up