• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will Alice's Escape Plan Work?

Yes, everyone gets away.
No, they're all captured.
Sedna is captured and will have to be rescued.
Alice is captured and will have to be rescued.
Sedna and either Gavia or Ardent will be captured and Alice and whoever she's left with will have to rescue them.
Alice and either Gavia or Ardent will be captured and Sedna and whoever she's left with will have to rescue them.
Alice and Sedna are captured and somehow Ardent and Gavia will have to rescue them.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alice Grove MCDLT - October 2016  (Read 60415 times)

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
Re: Alice Grove MCDLT - October 2016
« Reply #100 on: 23 Oct 2016, 22:26 »

Plus it would be a huge pain to draw.  :wink:
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #101 on: 23 Oct 2016, 23:26 »

Based on Jeph's 'no-one is safe' Tweet, I'm worried that this thing has been knocked onto 'Full Auto' mode. It will now kill Ellie and will massacre the entire population of the dig site because any one of them could maybe be another hostile, even if it receives direct orders to the contrary.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2016, 23:37 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...
« Reply #102 on: 23 Oct 2016, 23:35 »

Ellie can swing a pipe hard enough to bend it around an obstacle. She might not be baseline..
Or it could be fairly thin walled lead pipe which would bring weight and bend into human range.

Wildroses

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #103 on: 24 Oct 2016, 00:09 »

Well I'm alarmed. Sedna destroying the car didn't cause him to change his placid expression, just give a little squeeze which caused major damage still with his placid expression. And yet it's Ellie and her lead pipe that is getting an excited reaction. I don't hold out much hope for Ellie surviving this, baseline or not.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #104 on: 24 Oct 2016, 00:40 »

It is possible he has protocols in place that limit his behavior. A direct instigation of violence against him may have just given him to unleash hell, hence the look of sadistic pleasure.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Alesayr

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #105 on: 24 Oct 2016, 04:52 »

I'm looking forward to seeing what "our level bad news" can do. That said, it doesn't look good for Ellie here

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #106 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:55 »

I just hope Loomis never says "To the Moon, Alice!".

Against an opponent like him Alice will need to operate with her full capabilities. That's going to be interesting. She may have worse things in reserve than creating pools of lava.

Raising the issue that Alice's full capabilities are not something to be unleashed if innocent bystanders are in range.

Well we've seen that Alice has an armored form.  Perhaps she has 2 more transformations complete with dramatic music and guttural grunting. 

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #107 on: 24 Oct 2016, 06:26 »

Well we've seen that Alice has an armored form.  Perhaps she has 2 more transformations complete with dramatic music and guttural grunting.

Plus a climactic battle that will take Jeph more than five years to finish publishing at an update rate of 1/week.
~~~~

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #108 on: 24 Oct 2016, 06:44 »

Plus a climactic battle that will take Jeph more than five years to finish publishing at an update rate of 1/week.

Speaking of DBZ.  Am I the only one who thinks Gavia could've been Frieza's kid?  When she was first introduced the resemblance was uncanny. 

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #109 on: 24 Oct 2016, 08:43 »

Still moving faster than DoA.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #110 on: 24 Oct 2016, 12:27 »

one red eye kills my theory about biology-based heterorchromia :( and therefore goodbye to "Heterochromia Goon" (I was probably the only one still calling him that anyway)

I wonder if Alice and Eyeball* are gods of sort.

*I just don't want to call him "Bad News" and couldn't think of anything else.

"Eyeball" it is 👁

retrosteve

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Very slow tourist
« Reply #111 on: 24 Oct 2016, 16:57 »

I can't imagine Alice fighting unless she absolutely has to, if only because a fight between the two is surely to cause massive damage and to put everyone nearby at significant risk.

Alice has already made it clear that she doesn't think that she and Sedna, TOGETHER, are a match for He Who Looms Behind. Whatever rescue methods she employs, they probably won't be a direct fight if she has any choice in the matter.

As to Loomis' speed, I have to wonder if the reason he just appears behind you is that he moves silently in an eyeblink to that position. Supporting evidence:  http://www.alicegrove.com/page/8 shows Loomis appearing out of nowhere behind Alice, and she susses that he's stronger than her, right away.

Maybe she knows him, or recognizes the model. But maybe not. Maybe instead she is just really observant (soldier training: you watch your six), and KNOWS he was nowhere nearby a quarter-second ago.
Thinks too much.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #112 on: 24 Oct 2016, 16:59 »

I don't think it was so much she didn't think she could take him as much as she couldn't take him without massive amounts of collateral damage. But you could be right.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

retrosteve

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Very slow tourist
« Reply #113 on: 24 Oct 2016, 18:26 »

I don't think it was so much she didn't think she could take him as much as she couldn't take him without massive amounts of collateral damage. But you could be right.

She may not know enough about her opponent to judge one from the other. If my guess about his speed is right, all she knows for sure is that he's enhanced, he's bigger than her, and he's much faster (hence her fear on first glance). Those last two are enough of an advantage that she knows he won't be a pushover, and suspects that she may be totally outclassed.
Thinks too much.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #114 on: 24 Oct 2016, 23:08 »

If Bad News is a Speedy Gonzales, then running away from him doesn't seem all that practical.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #115 on: 25 Oct 2016, 00:30 »

I think Ellie is organically grown. Her buff comes from a life-time of exercise using picks + shovels, lifting rocks and whatever her passion for archeological digging brings with it. She will suffer a nosebleed and some bruising (not unlike Gavia at Alice's hands).

But I don't think that we will see the epic Loomis/Bad News vs. Alice fight. At least not yet. I think that Mr Pate will emerge soon, and stop all fighting with a single word. This has the plus side that we will also learn the big guy's name. "Timmy. Stop."

Alice is on her way, sure. But I don't know if she will arrive sooner than Mr Pate. Some plans of some participants will be partially exposed in the ensuing discussion ("the need-to-know" trope familar from for example Dumbledore+HP heart-to-heart chats will be observed).
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #116 on: 25 Oct 2016, 05:47 »

I don't think Loomis has super speed. Nobody has commented on him moving incredibly fast. That is the sort of thing that tends to make someone stand out, if they can  literally move great distances in the blink of an eye. I think that, through training or technology he just has a 'pay no attention to me' aura, or is naturally stealthy. That way he moves about, largely unnoticed until he chooses to call attention to himself, or someone realizes there is an eight-foot wall of muscle standing directly behind them. As Mr Pate's muscle/bodyguard he's probably cultivated that talent quite a bit.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #117 on: 25 Oct 2016, 05:51 »

FWIW, I'd say that he probably is more like the Discworld golems - relentless with infinite endurance and patience. Whilst you could outrun him, you'd need to stop eventually to eat or sleep and he's still trundling towards you at a steady 10mph jog. Basically a humanoid avalanche with just about as much pity and conscience as one too.
~~~~

Verteiron

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #118 on: 25 Oct 2016, 13:46 »

I'm wondering how FAST Mr. Bad News is. The fact that Pate didn't ride him from the city suggests he's no quicker than baseline.

It's possible Pate doesn't know what he is, and just employs a huge guy as a bodyguard and luggage hauler. Teatimesaurus may find it useful to hang out with a baseline that travels a lot.

He seems so different from Alice and Sedna, I can't help but wonder if he's a different class of being altogether.

Edit: Also, red eye. That's Alice-class humanoid-speak for "you gonna die, fool."
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2016, 20:00 by Verteiron »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up