THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have arrived  (Read 7509 times)

warownslife

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
I have arrived
« on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:08 »

Currently around comic 400 and What prompted me, someone who literally had no idea or interest in indie music to read this? unknown. What prompted me to go out of my way to go to a fairly well hidden forum? Faye is an asshole. This sentiment, is so strong, that I had to let others know, that would understood, how much she is a complete asshole.

I wouldn't say I hate her or anything but god damn, she has no redeemable qualities so far. The main character just isn't smart enough to improve his life. Now, I know I'm in 2006 (weird, I'd have been 10 when this comic was doing this) but I'll catch up and hopefully its not just "we finally get together" because damn, that would not even be slightly satisfying.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: I have arrived
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2016, 04:28 »

Welcome!  You'll see plenty of development in both Faye and Marten if you're still that far back in your reading, and plenty of twists and turns which you currently have no idea of!  Also, the indie music references pretty much fade away in a while (though the occasional one still slips in).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2016, 14:22 »

Greetings!!!

*Melts your Lug Wrench*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2016, 14:36 »

Beep and welcome! Enjoy the ride.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2016, 17:52 »

Well, you've got quite a ride ahead of you. Enjoy the archive binge.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

warownslife

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2016, 15:11 »

Back, am now around 1900. Dora and marten broke up. After that, the comic sorta just feels limp. Like, there's nothing great left to happen except them getting back together. Faye still is, well, she's not likeable and probably never will be. I want hannelore to make progress and the rest of the cast is sorta eh, their doing pretty good. Next 100 or 300 (however long it takes for marten and dora to make progress) is gonna suck.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2016, 20:15 »

It's interesting to hear reactions to long-ago comics from my current perspective. Keep reading.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

warownslife

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #7 on: 02 Nov 2016, 23:32 »

It's interesting to hear reactions to long-ago comics from my current perspective. Keep reading.

indeed I did and fully caught up I am! Got to say, I fucking love may. momo is pretty great but god damn it, may is the hero we need. Sorta sad I've got to slowly go through the pain with miss red robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up