THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 00:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

HAPPY NEW YEAR - What can we expect for the beginning of a new year?

New years hijinks from the gang
The Bubbles Saga continues
Pintsize!
Holiday adventures with Veronica, Sam and JIm
Science with Raven!!
Tai and Doras wedding
The Origins of Corpse Witch
Hanners enters The Bubbles Saga
The return of Winslow and Meiville
Flying Roomba Adventures
Sathe Ham with Space Pizza and Beer
Brun gets a job!!
Clin-ton and Emily - The Redating
Drinks at 'the Horrible Revelation' with Will, Penny and Jimbo
Purple Monkey AnthroPC Dishwasher
Butts!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3386 - 3390 (2nd - 6th January 2017)  (Read 37969 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: WCDT Strips 3386 - 3390 (2nd - 6th January 2017)
« Reply #150 on: 06 Jan 2017, 03:33 »

Another Hannelore mystery! Where is she going all dressed up like that? It certainly isn't what she normally wears to work; it's almost formal wear!

I suppose that she might be going to meet her mother for dinner or something. If so, that might be interesting. As malignant a character Beatrice is, I can't see her tolerating a small fish in her pond thinking it is big enough to bully one of her daughter's friends. That could make the last few days of her life... interesting for Corpse Witch.

Option 2 is that Hannelore is going on a date which isn't unthinkable. You just wonder who would she be dating who was willing to handle her mental health needs.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #151 on: 06 Jan 2017, 03:52 »

Another Hannelore mystery! Where is she going all dressed up like that? It certainly isn't what she normally wears to work; it's almost formal wear!

I suppose that she might be going to meet her mother for dinner or something. If so, that might be interesting. As malignant a character Beatrice is, I can't see her tolerating a small fish in her pond thinking it is big enough to bully one of her daughter's friends. That could make the last few days of her life... interesting for Corpse Witch.

Or she may be incapable of helping because Corpse Witch is a part of the Robo Nostra an AI mafia that keeps to their own rackets, but if provoked can be a real nightmare especially for people who transfer a lot of money electronically.  As ruthless as Beatrice Chatman is she might decline helping because she knows better than to attack such a bees nest and she might not want to alienate people she contracts to do her dirty work from time to time.   

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #152 on: 06 Jan 2017, 07:29 »

she's going to church.

since her deus ex machina was a non-starter, she's cutting out the middle-machine and going straight to the top bloke.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #154 on: 06 Jan 2017, 10:28 »

Gary. Hahaa. Gaaaaarrrry. Gary.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #155 on: 06 Jan 2017, 11:35 »

Oh? Now that's an interesting thing Hannelore said: Station doesn't want to try because of what "might be lurking in Bubbles' head". That's the first time that it's been implied that some AIs are afraid of Bubbles' experiences.
I may have misinterpreted it, but I took it to mean that Station suspects any probing he is capable of could be harmful to Bubbles! May be Station suspects that CW installed some malware that could be triggered by a serious decryption effort?

OTOH. May be HannerMom can help? If robofighting is good business, she could be interested. And CW won't say 'No' to an offer she cannot refuse. Bubbles might actually want to continue working there, if there were no coercion to do so.
Then again - may be HannerMom *IS* the Big Fish? Not really her style, I know. May be the skate park just became a part of her conglomerate in some other deal?
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #156 on: 06 Jan 2017, 12:52 »

(I just noticed the comic numbers in the thread title were wrong, and corrected them.  Because of the way the web site addresses the comics, the Bembo week had numbers in the same sequence.)

Dang!   I missed that Paul, thanks.  :)

I wonder if Hanners has a Summer House on the Moon  :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #157 on: 06 Jan 2017, 18:42 »

...because Corpse Witch is a part of the Robo Nostra an AI mafia that keeps to their own rackets, but if provoked can be a real nightmare especially for people who transfer a lot of money electronically.

Ooh, Gary points!
If I wanted to distract the likes of Officer Baslisk, I would definitely spread rumors about Robo Nostra.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Storel

« Reply #158 on: 06 Jan 2017, 19:48 »

Then again - may be HannerMom *IS* the Big Fish? Not really her style, I know. May be the skate park just became a part of her conglomerate in some other deal?

I was wondering that too! What if they went to HannerMom to have her try to leverage some sort of deal with CW and she turns out to be CW's boss? Wouldn't that be a kick in the head! (He says, with fear and trepidation.)

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #159 on: 07 Jan 2017, 11:33 »

One year later I was transferred to the Moon
Worse pay, better hours
I was transferred to the Moon
Worse pay, better fellow workers

Sullivan

• Furry furrier
  • Speaker-to- ... um... hm.
« Reply #160 on: 11 Jan 2017, 15:38 »

I was wondering that too! What if they went to HannerMom to have her try to leverage some sort of deal with CW and she turns out to be CW's boss? Wouldn't that be a kick in the head! (He says, with fear and trepidation.)

I can't imagine HannerMom being CW's direct boss. HM controls a tremendous amount of money and the "skate park" is not just small potatoes. It's floor sweepings from the machine used to chop potatoes for hash browns.

There would have to be a great many levels in between them.

Unless it's something like... the "skate park" is HM's sick hobby.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up