THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star vs The Forces of Evil  (Read 7177 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Star vs The Forces of Evil
« on: 28 Feb 2017, 19:06 »

Has anyone else seen this show? I've only caught like the last few episodes.  It seems pretty good but the will they wont they thing is kind of bland.  I was surprised to see the cast for this show. Its not only huge but with like actual people! The main two villains are voiced by Allen Tudyk and Micheal C Hall, Jon Heder plays a bad-boy key-tarist, Carl Weathers is a floating talking skull with space time magic, Zosia Mamet is some sort of portal demon girl with scissors.
 :psyduck:

From what I can piece together, Star is a princess from an alternate dimension with a magic wand and fights monsters with her human friend Marco who knows some Karate.  Its like Rick and Morty meets Sailor Moon, meets Adventure Time.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Star vs The Forces of Evil
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2017, 15:52 »

It's pretty great, I've been watching since the first season. I wish it was on Disney proper and not XD. I'd lump it in with Steven Universe and Adventure Time as one of the great cartoon shows on right now.

Also, the intro is catchy as hell

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2017, 04:58 »

Honestly, don't watch it as often as I should, but yeah, a great show that's right up there with the best.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Theta9

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Not even that gay.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2020, 09:22 »

My new favorite show! It's like a kid-friendly Rick and Morty. Just finished S1 and am 2 eps into S2.

First noticed promos for it while watching Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney XD; with the series concluded it's not on XD any more but I got a free year of Disney+ so I've been bingeing it.

(enjoying Milo Murphy's Law too.)
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2020, 21:32 »

Yeah... you should know it takes a really weird turn as it goes on... no details, but it takes one bizarre turn at the start of Season 3, which mostly works, but also makes it essentially an entirely different show, and then the finale is a GoT-level disaster.  (Although I actually started streaming Rick and Morty right after the first two seasons of this show, and I can't say I wasn't expecting every episode to end with "I think Earth is a pretty gre-eat place....")

Then again, I'm 20 years removed from the target audience.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2020, 10:42 »

...Then again, I'm 20 years removed from the target audience.
I'm probably 40 years removed from the target audience, and possibly the wrong gender as well. Whatever.
stePH
--

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2020, 14:02 »

The early seasons were great. Like Sailor Moon mixed with Rick and Morty.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2020, 20:46 »

Has anyone else seen this show? I've only caught like the last few episodes.  It seems pretty good but the will they wont they thing is kind of bland. 
What "will-they-won't-they" are you talking about? There's none between Star and Marco. Marco is hung up on the skateboarding girl, I forgot her name.
stePH
--

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2020, 21:52 »

I saw a couple of random episodes 3 years ago. I couldn't tell you what they were, but it did leave that feeling in me when I watched them. Since then I saw the rest of the series (or most of it anyway).

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2020, 19:33 »

Remember when I said I want to rewrite Paul McCartney's "Jet" to be about Ged from LeGuin's Earthsea series?

Well, now I also want to rewrite Boz Scaggs' "Lido Shuffle" to be about Ludo.
stePH
--

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2020, 19:15 »

I only ever caught a few episodes, but as I understand it, the ending was handled about as well as GoT.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up