THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 08:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Last of Us  (Read 16041 times)

ackblom12

The Last of Us
« on: 07 May 2013, 05:09 »

This game

I've been ridiculously excited about this game for a while, and oddly enough it'll the first Naughty Dog game I'm excited to see released. The characterizations sounds fantastic, the game world sounds and looks great and I'm just super giddy about damn near everything in this game.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Re: The Last of Us
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2013, 07:37 »

This looks awesome, but I'm not picking up a PS3 for it.

On a nerd note, the game title makes me think of the line from Pandorum "You're all that's left of us"
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2013, 11:16 »

That looks indeed pretty excellent. The only problem is, while I do have a PS3, I still won't be able to buy it once it comes out. Full-retail PS3 games are a little out of my reach, at the moment. Once it's gotten down in price though, it's a must buy.
If I'm really lucky one of my friends will buy it and I can borrow it once he/her is finished with it.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2013, 13:57 »

This looks awesome, but I'm not picking up a PS3 for it.

This.  Right here.

Now someday when I DO eventually get a lower priced PS3, I'll probably get a few of the exclusive titles and this will be among them.  But yeah, not buying a PS3 just for this.

As for the game, yes it looks and seems to be pretty awesome.  I'm sorry I'll be missing it for a while.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2013, 16:05 »

Ugh, yeah, same boat. I kinda wish people would get off this whole exclusive thing. It stunts their profits and it stunts gamers fun because they might not have the platform.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2013, 18:20 »

They might not have a choice, though. A lot of people are really pissed about the new Bayonetta being a Wii U exclusive, but according to the devs, the game would have been made if they hadn't taken the deal with Nintendo. Basically, the console makers are paying for their game, so it has to be exclusive. No company would choose to leave a platform out if they didn't expect the costs for porting would be higher than the profit, unless there's an exclusivity deal in.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2013, 18:25 »

I don't understand why people are pissed about not being able to play Bayonetta... that's doing the world a favor
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2013, 02:33 »

Oh I dunno, Garand, a buddy of mine has Bayonetta, and while I admit that the developers must be absolutely insane, it's actually a quite enjoyable game. Ridiculously hard though.

ackblom12

« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2013, 05:55 »

Naughty Dog is owned by Sony, has been for about 12 years now.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2013, 02:45 »

Since it's been released a while now: Anybody picked it up yet? I'm too low on cash to do so currently, but I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2013, 06:42 »

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2013, 12:34 »

Naughty Dog; the only thing I envy Playstation 3 owners. I seriously want to play through Th Last of Us and the Uncharted series, but I'm not buying a console for it, and none of my closer friends have a Ps3..
I dunno..

ackblom12

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jun 2013, 12:42 »

It's on the absolute top of my list, but I'm waiting for a price drop or sale.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jun 2013, 13:22 »

Naughty Dog; the only thing I envy Playstation 3 owners. I seriously want to play through Th Last of Us and the Uncharted series, but I'm not buying a console for it, and none of my closer friends have a Ps3..

With the console now in its end-cycle, the PS3 is at its cheapest. Given some of the PS3 exclusives, now would be the best time to look at purchasing a PS3, such as the inFamous series, Killzone, Resistance series, Little Big Planet, Demon's Souls, Ico and Shadow of Colossus, and of course Metal Gear Solid 4.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jun 2013, 01:05 »

Also Journey.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2013, 01:43 »

Why did you include PS2 games in that list? Did I miss a rerelease or something?

On a side note, I've been a fan of Naughty Dog since the Jak and Daxter days. Well, actually since the days back in 2007-2008 when I really got into bed with them (Jak), Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank), and Sucker Punch (Sly Cooper). That kind of game appeals to me, what can I say?

Now sometimes I wanted to hit them with a stick of course, but the Jak stuff (mostly) built up some credit with me, and the first Uncharted (only one I've played) certainly didn't hurt it. I hadn't realized this was one of their projects...interest piqued.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2013, 02:15 »

Also Journey.
Also God of War. By far the best Hack and Slay I've ever played.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2013, 09:58 »

Dark Horse has a pretty good prequel comic out for The Last of Us, with art by the amazing Faith Erin Hicks.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2013, 17:18 »

Why did you include PS2 games in that list? Did I miss a rerelease or something?

If you're talking about "Ico" and "Shadow of the Colossus", then yes.

They were re-released in one blu-ray for PS3 with the name "Classics HD: ICO & Shadow of the Colossus".

Parkour Lewis

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Does my butt look bigger on the inside?
« Reply #19 on: 28 Jun 2013, 10:00 »

I didn't buy it specifically for this game, but I just bought a used PS3 on sale on some website for 60 bucks.  It was without a controller or cables, but I had a spare HDMI cable already and took care of the rest with Amazon, still came out around 90 bucks or so in the end.  Got a 3 month PSN account and I've been downloading free games (Uncharted 3, XCOM, and Deus Ex: HR so far) and I have Uncharted 1 on the way from gamefly as we speak.  Loving the PS3 so far, I'm starting to kinda wish I'd originally gone with one instead of an Xbox 360 way back when.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2013, 10:08 by Parkour Lewis »
When heaven's in the music, Hell is in control.
The Angels got the phonebox but the Devil's got the rock and roll.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jun 2013, 10:02 »

My plan is to purchase a PS3, and then play all of the Exclusives that I missed by purchasing a 360 instead.  Then a couple of years after the new consoles are out (to be read: When their prices drop, or they've been proven to be fucking stupid) I'll see about a new console.  With all of the exclusive titles on PS3, I'll be plenty busy for a while.

Oh yeah, and FUCK the next gen consoles.

That is all.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Parkour Lewis

« Reply #21 on: 28 Jun 2013, 10:11 »

I dunno, I kinda want a PS4.  I'm considering selling my 360 and the games I've bought for it to raise part of the money to get one at release.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #22 on: 28 Jun 2013, 16:41 »

Since watching the trailers for this game, I've been looking nervously at toadstools in my garden...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Parkour Lewis

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2013, 02:56 »

Since watching the trailers for this game, I've been looking nervously at toadstools in my garden...

You should be much more afraid of the black fungus in your walls.

Sleep tite.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #24 on: 02 Jul 2013, 13:07 »

I'm currently watching a video walkthrough, and it really is quite an atmospheric experience. Well done, Naughty Dog. Almost excuses the horrible Uncharted 3.

On a side note, a book just fell on my head. I only have my shelf to blame. (pun jar++)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: 04 Jul 2013, 08:45 »

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jul 2013, 00:32 »

Rented the game and am now playing it together with a friend, using his awesome HD-Beamer and fancy sound-system. Makes for a whole new gaming experience.

Also, it is a pretty great game, enjoying it thoroughly so far.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #27 on: 06 Dec 2016, 03:17 »

Just in case anyone is interested, Sony confirmed that The Last of Us, Part II is in early development. Naughty Dog have also released a reveal trailer showcasing the new in-game graphics engine.

The projected release date is currently 'some time in 2018'.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ryangoslink

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2017, 07:14 »

I'm a bit late, but I just saw this, I absolutely loved the first 1 and I can't wait until the sequel:)

HauntingPoem

• Furry furrier
  • Such cool. Post good. Wow.
« Reply #29 on: 30 Mar 2017, 20:41 »

If only it was on the PC. :cry:
"Our home is where we are. Our place of origin does not matter"
Pages: [1]   Go Up