THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels  (Read 38496 times)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: Star Wars: Rebels
« Reply #100 on: 25 Nov 2016, 05:47 »

It's not the first time that an off hand comment made earlier in the series painted themselves into a corner, causing them to tap dance around it or outright ignoring it. Consider the Sith 'Rule of Two'. Though that I think was at least partially misinterpreting the line to people thinking there were only ever two Sith, period. Instead of just a master/apprentice relationship where if you saw one Sith, another was involved as well. Even back to the original trilogy you had Palpatine and Vader wanting to convert Luke, which would have broke it. In the prequels there was Sidious, Maul and Count Dooku all as Sith at the same time Palpatine was trying to tempt Anakin. Yes technically Dooku didn't show up until after Maul was dead... And Anakin didn't 'fall to the dark side'  until after he killed Dooku. But that's what I mean about 'tap dancing around'. More directly you have Asajj Ventress and the Inquisitors, who they go out of their way of saying aren't Sith... Even though they are dark side force users trained by Sith. So they're getting off by a technicality of 'You are not a Jedi because I refuse to admit you are a Jedi, even through you were trained by one to become just like one.'

Ahsoka was a Jedi. A padawan is still a Jedi. But she left the ranks to go her own way after they tried to set her up to go to jail. Technically it was one Jedi in particular, but everyone else was totally ready to throw her under the bus.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #101 on: 25 Nov 2016, 12:28 »

Alternatively, Yoda didn't consider Jarrus to be a full Jedi knight and basically gave him up for dead.
Or...
The backlash of sensing the deaths of so many Jedi left Yoda confused.

As for Ezra and the rest of the Ghost, I imagine they are going to get killed off sometime before the the destruction of Alderaan. Just so they won't interfere with the later timeline.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #102 on: 25 Nov 2016, 21:33 »

Final episode of Rebels: The crew of the Ghost decides to visit their friend and fellow Rebel Bail Organa at the wrong time...

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #103 on: 26 Nov 2016, 11:02 »

The Star Wars version of rocks fall, everyone dies?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #104 on: 04 Jan 2017, 09:45 »

I havnt had a chance to catch up on season 3 yet, but this mid season trailer looks amazing!

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #105 on: 04 Jan 2017, 15:06 »

So, everything finally reaches its final climax.

(click to show/hide)
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #106 on: 21 Mar 2017, 08:28 »

Watched the Kenobi vs Maul fight.
(click to show/hide)
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #107 on: 21 Mar 2017, 08:33 »

Does anyone else think that this is going to be the last season of Rebels? All of the plot-lines that are not associated with the Original Trilogy in some way are being wrapped up.
~~~~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #108 on: 21 Mar 2017, 08:47 »

They've already signed off on the next season.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #109 on: 15 Apr 2017, 09:22 »

It would appear they are going full ret con and are making the old commando from RotJ into Rex.  It was initially just a fan theory, but the creators of rebels liked it so much they are doing it.  So goes the rumor mill.

And if the Star Wars twitter is true, next season will rap up the series
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/853277504827662338

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #110 on: 15 Apr 2017, 12:37 »

"May the Force be with you." Jyn Erso said that too, before Rogue One went into their final, glorious and fatal battle. I wonder if this is why we never saw the Ghost Rebels in the Original Trilogy - Because it is their destiny to die to save the hope for freedom, just as the heroes of Rogue One also died.

Oh and...
(click to show/hide)
~~~~

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #111 on: 15 Apr 2017, 13:15 »

Was there any real doubt of the shipping? They've been pointing at it for three seasons now. Also, keep in mind that at the very least, the Ghost, Hera and Chopper survived till the end of Rogue One, as they were in the movie. And that lead directly into A New Hope. The reason we didn't see them in the first three movies is they of course didn't exist yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up