• 28 Mar 2024, 09:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What will Bubbles wear?

A toga
A dress stitched together from space ham (I don't type with my mouth full)
A third option (say it in your post!)
Clothes that are too big to fit in a traditional washing machine so must be laundered in a purple monkey dishwasher
A pair of shorts she borrows from Elliot (as well as his "soft boy" shirt)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3476 to 3480 (8-12 May 2017)  (Read 34643 times)

gopher

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Re: WCDT Strips 3476 to 3480 (8-12 May 2017)
« Reply #50 on: 09 May 2017, 00:00 »

Aren't cardigans ,"Cardies', usually split in the front with buttons?

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #51 on: 09 May 2017, 00:14 »

The buttons are optional but, yes, cardigan jumpers are split at the front. I suspect that Emily just didn't know the proper name of what she made: A pullover.

BTW, I think I know what happens next: Bubbles goes out into the community and gets both positive and negative reactions in random combinations. This puzzles her and she comes to realise that no-one, human or robot alike, gets universal acceptance or universal rejection. It's the most positive realisation she ever comes to: She is not the perpetual outsider; she's just like everyone else!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #52 on: 09 May 2017, 06:48 »

A few years ago Faye would have no problem living up to that promise, but Twinkies never really expire so resurrecting them wasn't a problem. 

It doesn't look like Bubbles is wearing shorts.  I agree that she could get away with that look, but if Faye is jealous about Bubbles' robo booty I suspect she might stop more traffic than anticipated. 

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #53 on: 09 May 2017, 06:58 »

D'awwww.

:-D

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #54 on: 09 May 2017, 07:50 »

Re: brasca, they look like bike shorts to me.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #55 on: 09 May 2017, 08:11 »

A few years ago Faye would have no problem living up to that promise, but Twinkies never really expire so resurrecting them wasn't a problem. 

It doesn't look like Bubbles is wearing shorts.  I agree that she could get away with that look, but if Faye is jealous about Bubbles' robo booty I suspect she might stop more traffic than anticipated.

Ow, she's a brick house
She's mighty-mighty, just lettin' it all hang out
She's a brick house
That lady's stacked and that's a fact
Ain't holding nothing back

ronbo

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #56 on: 09 May 2017, 08:26 »

Ow, she's a brick house
She's mighty-mighty, just lettin' it all hang out
She's a brick house
That lady's stacked and that's a fact
Ain't holding nothing back

I prefer to think that we aren't ready for her jelly,  we are just not ready for this jelly, we are not ready cause her body is too bootylicious for us baby.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #57 on: 09 May 2017, 08:29 »

I'm going to be this universe's version of the anti-joke chicken  :police: here and point out that, while the Twinkies joke is very funny, actual Twinkies are, in fact, ordinary commercial cake batter with a sugar and starch fluff filling them, and despite the preservatives and dough conditioners will become stale in fairly short order. They can even get moldy!

"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #58 on: 09 May 2017, 09:54 »

I prefer to think that we aren't ready for her jelly,  we are just not ready for this jelly, we are not ready cause her body is too bootylicious for us baby.

Shouldn't that be "Bubblelicious?"

:)
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #59 on: 09 May 2017, 14:26 »

Re: brasca, they look like bike shorts to me.

It looks like she's still wearing that unitard underneath the sweater and while that looks like bike shorts it also doesn't leave much to the imagination. 

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #60 on: 09 May 2017, 15:49 »

Quote from: Hermes Conrad
Actually on a robot, they sorta do.

But yeah, if I didn't know what she was wearing already I'd have assumed tight shorts.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #61 on: 09 May 2017, 16:09 »

MMMM...sweater twinkies!
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #62 on: 09 May 2017, 17:29 »

CUTE ALERT!!
CUTE ALERT!!
CUTE ALERT!!

And in Bubbles in her 'Hi Viz' Sweater, she's eminently safe.   ;D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #63 on: 09 May 2017, 18:51 »

I doubt anyone is about to judge the fashion taste of a gal built like a brick foundry. Not out loud, anyway.

Twinkies smell like hyperbolic cardigans? Who knew?
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #64 on: 09 May 2017, 18:58 »

Well, there were those yahoos who mocked a gal built like a brick foundry and wearing armor...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #65 on: 09 May 2017, 19:06 »

And  because no-one has yet made the ubiquitous statesmen, I will

It's bigger on the inside

Can't be. Then it'd be blue with a police light on top.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #66 on: 09 May 2017, 20:37 »

Marten, go get your eyes checked.  NOW.

Mattexian

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #67 on: 09 May 2017, 20:59 »

Maybe he only has eyes for Claire, and every other female gets just a cursory glance.  Yeah, that's the ticket!

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #68 on: 09 May 2017, 21:01 »

It's because he's standing too close, it's hard to tell when someone changes the color of the aircraft warning light bulb on the top of a skyscraper when you're at ground level a foot away from the building.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #70 on: 09 May 2017, 22:27 »

Is...is Marten really that short??
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Zastie

• Emoticontraindication
    • deviantArt
« Reply #71 on: 09 May 2017, 22:43 »

"... Greetings."

My exact reaction when my brother walks in the house when I'm in the middle of drawing.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #72 on: 09 May 2017, 23:17 »

Marten Reed, you get an 'F' for 'Observation Skills' today. Either he just is focussed on other things about Bubbles ('Very Tall' and 'Strong enough to pulp me') or he's entirely focussed on other stuff in his life. That may mean that he's been fretting about something and is about to do something big.

Meanwhile, I really want to know what Bubbles is doing for shoes. I think that Jeph has been very careful to hide that from us and I can't help but wonder if that's significant somehow.
~~~~

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #73 on: 09 May 2017, 23:39 »

Thinking of clothing - going to a costumer would something that will fit and get the true fan designer going truly archetype a go go ga ga
(click to show/hide)
Please tell my I'm not the only one who thought of the one where Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Big Barda go clothes shopping.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #74 on: 09 May 2017, 23:51 »

Meanwhile, I really want to know what Bubbles is doing for shoes. I think that Jeph has been very careful to hide that from us and I can't help but wonder if that's significant somehow.

Bubbles is like a hobbit: big hairy bare feet, now that the armor's off. Well, maybe not hairy.

learn2run

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #75 on: 09 May 2017, 23:56 »

Bubbles looks taller to me without her armor. She makes Marten look like tiny.
Do we know how tall she actually is? She's gotta be at least 6'5" (195cm).
I'm just trying to picture how intimidating she'd be if I met her walking down the street...

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #76 on: 10 May 2017, 00:10 »

I'm pretty sure that Bubbles is north of 2 metres, given that she has to duck to go through some doors. That said, I do think that Jeph sometimes exaggerates the height difference for comedic effect!
~~~~

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #77 on: 10 May 2017, 00:22 »

Bubbles is like a hobbit: big hairy bare feet, now that the armor's off. Well, maybe not hairy.

I'm just imagining feet like an AT-AT.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #78 on: 10 May 2017, 04:58 »

In fairness to Marten, he doesn't have any reason to see Bubbles taking off her armor as anything more than changing her clothes. So it's different enough to notice something is new, but maybe not different enough for him to remember what.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #79 on: 10 May 2017, 06:24 »

With reference to today's strip, someone on the Subreddit asked why Bubbles hasn't changed her chassis for one that is less intimidating.

I've been thinking about that and I've been thinking about Claire's conversation with Pintsize on the subject of 'body swapping'. I'm thinking that it is less common than we think and that, really, only AIs with a particular personality type are really able to do this. Look at some examples:
  • Winslow was deeply relieved to get out of the 'robo-boyfriend' chassis and back into his pseudo-iPad;
  • Momo selected a new chassis that closely resembled her old one in key features like presented gender and hair colour;
  • May, who previously seems to have been one of the more exotic fixed 'disembodied' AIs, dislikes her humanoid chassis and would prefer to be an aircraft;
  • Corpse Witch, when threatening Bubbles, implied that a change of chassis was a punishment.
From this, I'm thinking that chassis type and appearance is strongly associated with the AI's self-image and self-identity. Changing their chassis for a more than mildly different-looking one is a cause of considerable psychological stress. So, in many ways, yes, irrespective of any other characteristics, Bubbles doesn't want to change her chassis for very solid reasons of peace of mind.

This could explain the long-held question of why a combat chassis should be so high human-fidelity: The designers were required to consider the AI's post-demobilisation needs. This was necessary to minimise the readjustment stress of post-military life. Probably some plug-and-play military-only hardware (scrambled comms and maybe built-in light weapons) has been removed but nothing that radically changes the 'feel' of living in that particular body.
~~~~

ronbo

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #80 on: 10 May 2017, 06:28 »

I'd just like to offer a little defense for Marten here.  He is a guy.  We aren't very observant.  A guy's vision works kind of like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park.  Waive something interesting in front of our face and we are all over it.  Wear a different shade of lipstick?  Yeah, that kind of stuff is invisible to us.

Edit:  and the standard opening height of an American doorway is 6 feet 8 inches or 2.03 meters.  Looks like Bubbles is just slightly taller than that. 
« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 06:33 by ronbo »

heyjames4

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #81 on: 10 May 2017, 06:39 »

With reference to today's strip, someone on the Subreddit asked why Bubbles hasn't changed her chassis for one that is less intimidating.

I've been thinking about that and I've been thinking about Claire's conversation with Pintsize on the subject of 'body swapping'. I'm thinking that it is less common than we think and that, really, only AIs with a particular personality type are really able to do this. Look at some examples:
  • Winslow was deeply relieved to get out of the 'robo-boyfriend' chassis and back into his pseudo-iPad;
  • Momo selected a new chassis that closely resembled her old one in key features like presented gender and hair colour;
  • May, who previously seems to have been one of the more exotic fixed 'disembodied' AIs, dislikes her humanoid chassis and would prefer to be an aircraft;
  • Corpse Witch, when threatening Bubbles, implied that a change of chassis was a punishment.
From this, I'm thinking that chassis type and appearance is strongly associated with the AI's self-image and self-identity. Changing their chassis for a more than mildly different-looking one is a cause of considerable psychological stress. So, in many ways, yes, irrespective of any other characteristics, Bubbles doesn't want to change her chassis for very solid reasons of peace of mind.

This could explain the long-held question of why a combat chassis should be so high human-fidelity: The designers were required to consider the AI's post-demobilisation needs. This was necessary to minimise the readjustment stress of post-military life. Probably some plug-and-play military-only hardware (scrambled comms and maybe built-in light weapons) has been removed but nothing that radically changes the 'feel' of living in that particular body.

Good catch on the post-demobilization factor.

From your examples, we've seen that voluntary chassis swaps can be associated with life-changing events. Similar to how human norms for clothings change over ones lifetime, or cutting your hair after having a bad day.

Momo changed from a kawaii-anthro-pc to a more humanoid form when her relationship with Marigold progressed from 'pet' to 'roomate', and when she developed a crush on Sven.

But during that same arc, the attendant at the chassis outlet said that she chose the humanoid form, and the high-end retail job, as a second career after getting bored working at a bank as a data server.

Jeremy the sentient assembly arm had several additional limbs installed when he was "promoted" by Creepybot.

So now that Bubbles is going through some life changing events, opening a business, getting over her traumas, starting a new life, she may consider a new chassis.
Or, removing the armor may be enough of a physical change to reflect her internal development.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #82 on: 10 May 2017, 07:00 »

Plus there's the whole 'guys don't know what's safe to say to women.'

Marten may be afraid of offending her too.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #83 on: 10 May 2017, 07:13 »

Perhaps she put her boots back on for the sake of having footwear or maybe her derma layer is tough enough to walk barefoot. 

I'd just like to offer a little defense for Marten here.  He is a guy.  We aren't very observant.  A guy's vision works kind of like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park.  Waive something interesting in front of our face and we are all over it.  Wear a different shade of lipstick?  Yeah, that kind of stuff is invisible to us. 

Yes, a coworker experimented with this and wore the same outfit every day.  None of the men noticed, but the women did. 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #84 on: 10 May 2017, 16:02 »

And  because no-one has yet made the ubiquitous statesmen, I will

It's bigger on the inside

Can't be. Then it'd be blue with a police light on top.

The Chameleon circuit works - Emily made it, remember. :-D

It would seem that Marten is still somewhat intimidated by Bubbles.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #85 on: 10 May 2017, 18:18 »

Eh. I'm a woman, and I am as observant as a brick. Change Blindness effects all!

Do women expect men to notice things like lipstick? I always figured women didn't dress up for men; they dress up for other women. Of course, there's a heavy bias there.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #86 on: 10 May 2017, 18:29 »

It would seem that Marten is still somewhat intimidated by Bubbles.

To be fair, how much time have Marten and Bubbles spent together, just them? I mean, Marten knows that Bubbles is Faye's friend from the repair shop, she's had problems with CW and her life before and that Bubbles was in the military. But outside of that, have either of them had any conversation that wasn't bumbling and tripping over themselves?

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #87 on: 10 May 2017, 18:49 »

I don't actually care about those things, but many of the people I know do;  And because of that, I make a very deliberate effort to keep track of them.  A new perfume, a dress I haven't seen before, a different hairstyle - noticing these things and acknowledging them in conversation is part of being polite and maintaining friendships.

I came late to it though; I did not pick up on many socialization clues "naturally" the way a lot of people did, and a lot of "Normal" emotional buttons just don't seem to be hooked up to anything for me.  On the other hand I did not learn to ignore socialization clues "naturally" the way many people did either; I struggled with them for years.

I learned things, one at a time, in many cases years too late.  I had no idea for example that there was an expectation to call someone the day after a date, until once for some unrelated reason (schedule of something the following week) I happened to and she said she'd been "afraid you weren't going to call...."  and after my brain cranked that one through I realized at least one of the things I'd been doing wrong and one of the reasons I'd been a social failure.   I also had no idea that people were expected to hate their exes, or hate their exes' new romantic partners, or even that some kinds of romantic relationships were considered "normal" and others weren't, until after I'd been doing things, sometimes for years, that ran contrary to the "normal" expectations.   I never got the thrill of "Transgressive" behavior for example; for me it was an empty category.

On the one hand I was utterly oblivious to what apparently is obvious to most normal people socially from clues I never noticed;  on the other I was always observing and trying to learn to do better.  (Gender roles:  HOO BOY gender roles.  I never even frickin' NOTICED that there WERE gender roles until I heard people talking about whether or not they felt suited for them.  I'd noticed sometimes that people called one thing or another that I did typical of one gender or the other, but that was mostly irrelevant; they were the things that I did because I did them, not because of any gender thing. The idea that somebody's idea of what "male" or "female" was supposed to be, could be a really important contradiction to their own idea of who THEY were supposed to be, was a mind-blower for me).

But anyway, the short version.  It's that paying attention thing.  The process of picking up basic socialization well after I was supposed to, requires constant attention to individual people.  But among other things, paying attention to individual people, all by itself, is one of the most important parts - maybe the MOST important part - of social behavior.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 18:58 by Morituri »

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #88 on: 10 May 2017, 20:41 »

Interesting bit of trivia, which many of you possibly already know. When filming Babe, the producers had to use many piglets for the main character because they grow up so fast. They gave Babe a distinctive tuft of hair on her head so that all of the piglets would look like Babe, in spite of any other minor differences. It's a bit of misdirection, essentially. Caricatures work on a similar principle.

I suspect that Marten is still so preoccupied with Bubbles' intimidating stature that any other "minor" differences will fly under the radar.

I'm a little surprised to find QC forumites placing much store by gender stereotypes. FWIW, if you were to guess various characteristics of my female partner and I based on gender stereotypes, you would get more incorrect answers than correct ones.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Gyrre

« Reply #89 on: 10 May 2017, 21:17 »

Bubbles looks taller to me without her armor. She makes Marten look like tiny.
Do we know how tall she actually is? She's gotta be at least 6'5" (195cm).
I'm just trying to picture how intimidating she'd be if I met her walking down the street...
Bubbles is taller than Marten's refrigerator, so probably.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #90 on: 10 May 2017, 21:31 »

Eh. I'm a woman, and I am as observant as a brick. Change Blindness effects all!

Do women expect men to notice things like lipstick? I always figured women didn't dress up for men; they dress up for other women. Of course, there's a heavy bias there.
As a guy, that's how I understad the whole make-up thing to work.

Additionally, I take offense to being called terribly unobservant. I'm a line inspector,  so my job security rests on my powers of observation.
Granted, there is a difference between passive observation and active observation.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #91 on: 10 May 2017, 21:37 »

Sounds boring. Can you work your way up from being a line inspector to being a triangle inspector?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #92 on: 10 May 2017, 22:00 »

Additionally, I take offense to being called terribly unobservant. I'm a line inspector,  so my job security rests on my powers of observation.
Granted, there is a difference between passive observation and active observation.

Are you a lineman for the county?

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #93 on: 10 May 2017, 22:43 »

I know Bubbles doesn't own a lot, but I'd think she'd have a dress uniform.

Storel

« Reply #94 on: 10 May 2017, 22:55 »

The buttons are optional but, yes, cardigan jumpers are split at the front. I suspect that Emily just didn't know the proper name of what she made: A pullover.

This puzzles me somewhat. My first reaction is "How can anyone not know the difference between a cardigan and a pullover?" I mean, how would you even know the term "cardigan" if you hadn't learned what it meant? You would just refer to both cardigans and pullovers as "sweaters" (or "jumpers" if you're British). But Emily has proved to be rather oblivious to many things that seem obvious to other people, so I suspect you're probably right.

I'm going to be this universe's version of the anti-joke chicken  :police: here and point out that, while the Twinkies joke is very funny, actual Twinkies are, in fact, ordinary commercial cake batter with a sugar and starch fluff filling them, and despite the preservatives and dough conditioners will become stale in fairly short order. They can even get moldy!

Many years ago, I received a "joke" email about the physical properties of Twinkies. I just searched for it and found that someone has archived it on the web here. Reading it is... interesting.

Remember, just because something has an expiration date, that doesn't necessarily make it food!  :psyduck:

Edit: Changed the link to a more complete version of the story.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2017, 00:20 by Storel »

Gyrre

« Reply #95 on: 10 May 2017, 23:37 »

Sounds boring. Can you work your way up from being a line inspector to being a triangle inspector?
Sometimes I find fairly interesting squiggles, but they usually have snares or tangles that have to be worked out :D

Are you a lineman for the county?
Actually, I'm on the opposite side of the state. Incidentally, it never made sense to me that the city was in Sedgewick county  instead of the county of the same name.

BTW, we make and package a variety of condiments. So more labcoat and clipboard than hardhat and harness.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2017, 23:46 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #96 on: 10 May 2017, 23:38 »

I really wonder who is more embarrassed in panel 1, Marten or Bubbles. I think it nicely illustrates what a huge step this is for Bubbles that she's so defensive about it. The last thing that she needed was to run into a guy who literally doesn't notice these things (or anything at all except 'My! You're tall!').

Yes, Bubbles, you are under-dressed for such a ceremony but, as I have noted before, this is Northampton. It is quite possible that you will be the single most well-dressed person that the landlord will meet today, even without the neck-tie.

By the way: Don't do the necktie. Seriously, don't.
~~~~

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #97 on: 11 May 2017, 00:43 »

Yes, a coworker experimented with this and wore the same outfit every day.  None of the men noticed, but the women did.

I also tried a short experiment with that once. If my whole life counts as once.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #98 on: 11 May 2017, 01:18 »

ok, is it me, or are the door-frames in the apartment kinda ridiculously tall? or are martain and faye just way shorter than i always thought?

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #99 on: 11 May 2017, 02:36 »

Yeah ... about gender differences in cognition? We're also members of the species that holds the global all-time record for adolescent/adult neuroplasticity.

Downside of widespread female academic achievement: They're significantly less likely to buy our granddads' BS-lines about 'what men simply cannot learn to do' ... *lesigh*

On-Topic: Hmmmh - Either it's Jeph's drawing style, or sweaters don't really suit Bubbles' amazing physique. Could also be me ...
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up