Comic Discussion > ALICE GROVE

Alice Grove MCDLT - June 2017

(1/25) > >>

brasca:
As much as I liked how things turned out in the battle between Alice and Church and really hope we'll get some much awaited exposition from Alice I can't help, but feel a shoe is going to drop and just when something important is about to revealed there will be an interruption. 

BenRG:
I wonder if the biggest problem the Praeses will have with Pate was bringing back the 'exiles', Ardent and Gavia. It turns out that the entire charade was a kind of judicial garbage disposal because they found the two space kids as annoying as Alice does. The Spaceborne are too civilised for capital punishment and didn't want anyone to 'make a scene', so they convinced Cupressceeae into tricking the two of them to voluntarily go to Earth and then shut off their comlinks.

Gavia's reaction will be... pretty much what you'd expect it to be.

FWIW, I expect that at least one of the Spaceborne will make a comment about Alice's face being 'messed up'. Alice's response will just be a look that she learned over the past 5 millennia that can make anyone shut up.

brasca:

--- Quote from: BenRG on 31 May 2017, 13:43 ---I wonder if the biggest problem the Praeses will have with Pate was bringing back the 'exiles', Ardent and Gavia. It turns out that the entire charade was a kind of judicial garbage disposal because they found the two space kids as annoying as Alice does. The Spaceborne are too civilised for capital punishment and didn't want anyone to 'make a scene', so they convinced Cupressceeae into tricking the two of them to voluntarily go to Earth and then shut off their comlinks.

Gavia's reaction will be... pretty much what you'd expect it to be.

FWIW, I expect that at least one of the Spaceborne will make a comment about Alice's face being 'messed up'. Alice's response will just be a look that she learned over the past 5 millennia that can make anyone shut up.

--- End quote ---

I put option 5 in as a joke, but if your theory is true it could very well happen. 

That being said I don't think Ardent and Gavia can be considered annoying based on Alice's assessment.  I think everyone annoys Alice to some extent which is why she lives outside the town.  Ardent has some problems with culture clash, but that can be said of anyone who's foreign.  Aside from getting slapped for asking for sex he seems to get along well with everyone and from what I gather he has plenty of friends in the habitat including the one who teleported him to Earth in the first place.  Gavia on the other hand has trouble making friends, but she seems like someone who obeyed the praeses without question so I don't see why they would dispense with the teacher's pet.  She might be annoying to the other habitat dwellers, but if the higher ups like her then it really doesn't matter. 

Tova:
The results are looking very skewed so far, but that's the largest number of clickable options I've seen in a poll in awhile. Even the joke one was a cool theory.

Kugai:
I predict exposition

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version