• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Holy shit, 3500 comics on Friday

Whoa!
Lots of comics
Space hot dog in 3496? I mean it's not in space but it could be made from similar ingredients.
This poll sucks but we still needed a thread
I'll fix it later probably

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3496 to 3500 (5 to 9 June 2017)  (Read 28401 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
WCDT Strips 3496 to 3500 (5 to 9 June 2017)
« on: 04 Jun 2017, 19:24 »

This week's off to an interesting start! First Brun/Clinton comic that makes me interested in where these kids go from here.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: WCDT Strips 3496 to 3500 (5 to 9 June 2017)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2017, 19:28 »

*rainbow star*

The more you know...

blt

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2017, 19:36 »

Honestly I'm really over the "lol bacon" thing too.
"I hate Fayelhotehp, She Who Smites the Morning, she's a bully and a monster."

TheEvilDog

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2017, 19:48 »

First Brun/Clinton comic that makes me interested in where these kids go from here.

Presumably to the bin to get rid of their rubbish after they finish their meal.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2017, 20:49 »

First Brun/Clinton comic that makes me interested in where these kids go from here.

Presumably to the bin to get rid of their rubbish after they finish their meal.

Showing your non-USA'ian roots there, meducks.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2017, 20:54 »

I don't often say rubbish, but I do call it a bin.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2017, 22:27 »

I don't really LIKE Clinton but do feel sorry for him. Heh.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2017, 23:31 »

Clinton, I've got some advice for you: Stop prevaricating and tell Brun that you're attracted to her. Seriously, you're running out of time. She's just admitted that everything she thought that she knew about attraction is wrong; this gives you an opening and, if you don't take it, she's likely going to try to investigate Elliott's feelings for her!

I'm getting the feeling that this is going to end with her telling Clinton that he is a 'great friend' who has been of enormous help to her, kiss him chastely on the cheek and run out of this life! :laugh:

So, that is definitely not a chain burger bar. What might it be called? I'm thinking something like: "Grease and Soda" or maybe even "Better Than Arbys".
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jun 2017, 23:43 »

I was wondering about that sign. What "lol bacon" thing?

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #9 on: 04 Jun 2017, 23:52 »

Clinton, I've got some advice for you: Stop prevaricating and tell Brun that you're attracted to her. Seriously, you're running out of time. She's just admitted that everything she thought that she knew about attraction is wrong; this gives you an opening and, if you don't take it, she's likely going to try to investigate Elliott's feelings for her!

Well Clinton did it before with Emily and while it makes more sense to find out these things rather than remain in a state of ambiguity that same state of being is also where hope lives.  If Brun rejects him then he'll know, but it will be one more door shut. 

As much as I would like this to work out in his favor.  Elliot has been unlucky in love too so it would be nice to see a win in his column. 

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jun 2017, 23:53 »

I was wondering about that sign. What "lol bacon" thing?

The thing where people act like bacon is the god of meats and not the worst way to eat a pig apart from literal offal.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jun 2017, 00:19 »

The thing where people act like bacon is the god of meats and not the worst way to eat a pig apart from literal offal.

Blasphemy! How dare you spew such heresy about the Meat God!?
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...
« Reply #12 on: 05 Jun 2017, 02:50 »

If your life seems like a soap opera that's probably not good, but if your conversation sounds like a soap opera catchup you're really in trouble...

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jun 2017, 03:31 »

Hey, they're at LocalBurger! Best place in town to get burgers.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

gopher

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jun 2017, 04:36 »

Clinton had his revelation with Emily that telling people how you feel pays off, so no back pedalling here. Just tell her.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jun 2017, 08:58 »

Blasphemy! How dare you spew such heresy about the Meat God!?
There is always the chicken skin from roast or bbq chicken which I like to pan fry to render all the fat out for extra crispness

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #16 on: 05 Jun 2017, 09:12 »

It's a diet place serving lo-cal burgers :claireface:
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 05 Jun 2017, 18:53 »

Clinton,  the 'Lifes Punching Bag' of the QC World

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #18 on: 05 Jun 2017, 19:32 »

You know, I almost feel sorry for Clinton.

Keyword there being almost.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #19 on: 05 Jun 2017, 19:38 »

Clinton,  the 'Lifes Punching Bag' of the QC World

Someone had to take over the route after Marten retired.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jun 2017, 19:48 »

For comic #3497...

"The kitchen staff has been eavesdropping and wanted me to give you this pity milkshake."

"Sympathy milkshake!"

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

"Sympathy is a compliment.  Pity is an insult."

~ Tenzin Gyatso

Makes me wonder if Jeph knew of that bit of wisdom in differentiating between Sympathy vs. Pity when he wrote it.  If so, I definitely applaud it.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2020, 22:10 by pendrake »

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #21 on: 05 Jun 2017, 21:19 »

Clinton had his revelation with Emily that telling people how you feel pays off, so no back pedalling here. Just tell her.

I'm not sure if Clinton quite has his feelings figured out yet.

[EDIT: Does anyone know if the guy who invented autocorrect has been bludgeoned for doing so yet?]
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2017, 17:31 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #22 on: 05 Jun 2017, 23:18 »

Poor Clinton! Things never turn out the way he might want them to. Even others' pity is likely to make him go red, swell up and die!

That said, I'm not sure that things are entirely as bad for him as some imagine they are. This is Brun we're talking about, after all. I don't think that her reaction would be like that of your average girl (who I'd expect to say 'yes' or 'no' immediately). For some reason, I genuinely think that Brun will go off and think about this 'new data' for some time. Then, out of the blue, she's going to turn up and tell him that, having thought about it, she has a few follow-up questions. Then, being direct and having little time for social niceties, she will tell Clinton whether she thinks now is the right time for them to 'pair bond' or something similar.

It's interesting to see the first appearance of The Illustrated Lady. If Jeph's Twitter is to be believed, she's going to be a secondary character for the next week or so.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2017, 23:24 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #23 on: 05 Jun 2017, 23:39 »

That flashback of Clinton's in panel 2 - is this a reference to a recent comic? Which one?   :oops:

In other news, I finally grokked the connection between Bubbles' noticing that Pintsize's money is damp and the title 'Invisible Hand' in comic 3490 - In your face, Adam Smith!

(Yesyes, I know - it's quickthinker month ...)

"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2017, 02:14 »

Pity/sympathy milkshake; telling him whole staff has been listening in?

Seems like a good way to ensure you +never+ see that customer again unless social behaviour is very different your side of the pond...

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2017, 03:09 »

Seems like a good way to ensure you +never+ see that customer again unless social behaviour is very different your side of the pond...

Idk, man. All I need is a bunch of friends who will go in with me, fake telling them I'm into them, have them turn me down, and it is free milkshakes for DAAAAAYS.

That or eventually they would stop feeling sorry for me and start wondering what kind of monster I am.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2017, 03:56 »

Idk, man. All I need is a bunch of friends who will go in with me, fake telling them I'm into them, have them turn me down, and it is free milkshakes for DAAAAAYS.

That or eventually they would stop feeling sorry for me and start wondering what kind of monster I am.

Well I suppose it would depend on how you want to be seen. On the one hand, you would be seen as some sort of inhuman monster. But on the other, more important hand, you'd have free milkshakes. And isn't that what everyone wants in the end?

(except mint. I hate mint milkshakes)

Jazzmaster

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2017, 05:23 »

That said, I'm not sure that things are entirely as bad for him as some imagine they are. This is Brun we're talking about, after all. I don't think that her reaction would be like that of your average girl (who I'd expect to say 'yes' or 'no' immediately). For some reason, I genuinely think that Brun will go off and think about this 'new data' for some time.

People said the same thing about Emily.  Social awkwardness or not, eccentricities or not, I've always gone by the phrase "anything other than yes is no".  Personally I'd rather Clinton take this and Emily's rejection and learn from them a little so he can continue to learn from them and get more comfortable with putting himself out there and meeting other people, because I feel like it's a more realistic portrayal of what guys like him would need to sort through if they're trying to find a partner.  But that's not up to me, of course.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #28 on: 06 Jun 2017, 06:14 »

In most other people, that is most often true. Social programming, especially for girls, is to avoid direct conflict whenever possible. So avoiding answering the question is thought of as 'better' than saying no. Emily and Brun do not follow your standard social cues though. Emily eventually explained that she just wasn't interested in dating anyone now. That wasn't a hard no on Clinton just a 'maybe later'. And I think we can say that was an honest answer, not a 'polite refusal'. Brun I doubt even realizes that in a situation like that, one is 'supposed' to tell the other person whether or not they find them attractive. She approaches most thing in a clinical, detached manner. And she's just realized that everything she thought she understood about romance and attraction is wrong, so she's likely reprocessing that. She'll probably be sitting in the Unemployment office in tomorrow's comic and realize 'oh. I should have said I liked him back.' That or she'll Tell Renee who will get all exasperated and explain it to her.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #29 on: 06 Jun 2017, 06:25 »

That flashback of Clinton's in panel 2 - is this a reference to a recent comic? Which one?   :oops:

In other news, I finally grokked the connection between Bubbles' noticing that Pintsize's money is damp and the title 'Invisible Hand' in comic 3490 - In your face, Adam Smith!

(Yesyes, I know - it's quickthinker month ...)

I'm not sure if it's related, but it reminds me of the phrase Pecunia non olet (except in this case the money probably does stink).
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #30 on: 06 Jun 2017, 06:29 »

Judging from anecdotal evidence, the invisible hand isn't terribly into personal hygiene (reports have it that it also has a coke habit).
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #31 on: 06 Jun 2017, 07:07 »

Poor Clinton! Things never turn out the way he might want them to. Even others' pity is likely to make him go red, swell up and die!

That said, I'm not sure that things are entirely as bad for him as some imagine they are. This is Brun we're talking about, after all. I don't think that her reaction would be like that of your average girl (who I'd expect to say 'yes' or 'no' immediately). For some reason, I genuinely think that Brun will go off and think about this 'new data' for some time. Then, out of the blue, she's going to turn up and tell him that, having thought about it, she has a few follow-up questions. Then, being direct and having little time for social niceties, she will tell Clinton whether she thinks now is the right time for them to 'pair bond' or something similar.

It's interesting to see the first appearance of The Illustrated Lady. If Jeph's Twitter is to be believed, she's going to be a secondary character for the next week or so.

Agreed.  Unlike Emily she didn't actually reject him and considering that Brun handles social situations differently she might determine that she is attracted to him and will ask him out on a date. 

OldGoat

• Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #32 on: 06 Jun 2017, 07:15 »

OTOH, he's a robot.  Will it smell like WD-40?

TheEvilDog

« Reply #33 on: 06 Jun 2017, 13:59 »

OTOH, he's a robot.  Will it smell like WD-40?

Technically he's a cyborg. So he'll smell fleshy in that "unique to the individual" kind of way.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2017, 14:36 by TheEvilDog »

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #34 on: 06 Jun 2017, 14:58 »

That flashback of Clinton's in panel 2 - is this a reference to a recent comic? Which one?
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3309

zmeiat_joro

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #35 on: 06 Jun 2017, 15:09 »

Blasphemy, offal is the best part.
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.

OldGoat

« Reply #36 on: 06 Jun 2017, 15:12 »

Technically he's a cyborg. So he'll smell fleshy in that "unique to the individual" kind of way.
Pintsize has organic components?

TheEvilDog

« Reply #37 on: 06 Jun 2017, 15:16 »

Its Pintsize, I wouldn't be surprised.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #38 on: 06 Jun 2017, 15:23 »

Pintsize has organic components?
Of course. He's just offal.  :clairedoge:

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #39 on: 06 Jun 2017, 16:52 »

Poor poor Clinton. He's replacing Marten as the series punching bag...  :-\

OldGoat

« Reply #40 on: 06 Jun 2017, 17:16 »

Its Pintsize, I wouldn't be surprised.
Ewwww.  Just ewwww.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #41 on: 06 Jun 2017, 18:00 »

My work here is done.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #42 on: 06 Jun 2017, 18:42 »

Well,  at least Brun  knows now
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #43 on: 06 Jun 2017, 19:41 »

I love Brün's innocent look in panel 1. Guess she's never asked that question.
Clearly she trusts Clinton to give her an honest answer.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #44 on: 06 Jun 2017, 19:56 »

The beetle said "my work here is dung".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #45 on: 06 Jun 2017, 20:24 »

And just when I go 'ugh, more Clinton' a strip like this comes along and I go 'right there with ya, dude.'.  :-D

Wonder if snarky waitress will get a name and recurring role?

Snarky, possibly homicidal waitress.  Run, cook! Run!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #46 on: 06 Jun 2017, 22:02 »

I like this new girl! Can we keep  her?

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #47 on: 06 Jun 2017, 22:03 »

Only if you remember to feed her and clean up after her.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #48 on: 06 Jun 2017, 22:31 »

Hmm, I was picturing the sympathetic cook with the keen ears as a gal.
Oh well.

Ms. Pictoria is certainly easy on the eyes.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #49 on: 06 Jun 2017, 23:00 »

For comic #3498...

(Caveman) "Grr."

That is all.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2018, 19:58 by pendrake »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up