• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Holy shit, 3500 comics on Friday

Whoa!
Lots of comics
Space hot dog in 3496? I mean it's not in space but it could be made from similar ingredients.
This poll sucks but we still needed a thread
I'll fix it later probably

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3496 to 3500 (5 to 9 June 2017)  (Read 28390 times)

Mehre

• Plantmonster
Re: WCDT Strips 3496 to 3500 (5 to 9 June 2017)
« Reply #100 on: 08 Jun 2017, 18:55 »

Oh cmon. Now we have to wait until monday to find out if that woman is terrible human being or not. Although news on UR are good as well i guess.

And apparently Seven has become Steven.

I guess its a typo, but considering in universe robosexuality it is possible. But three cables? Daaaaaamn.

Also, if Faye and Bubbles ever becomes a thing i guess they will need to make some compromises :D

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #101 on: 08 Jun 2017, 19:02 »

So serious!  :lol:

Jeph rarely depicts genuinely terrible people, and never as far as I can recall depicts terrible people with dyed hair, body art, and sass. He loves them too much.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #102 on: 08 Jun 2017, 19:03 »

Ha! Typing in "unionrobotics.net" leads right back to QC...
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #103 on: 08 Jun 2017, 19:06 »

It looks like Bubbles is picking up on Faye's clothing style. And I have to say.. those robo-hips look pretty good in jeans. daaaaang

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #104 on: 08 Jun 2017, 19:25 »

Yeah, that's a good look for Bubbles.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #105 on: 08 Jun 2017, 19:26 »

Comic's up!

(Or maybe I'm missing a meme or something. Wouldn't be the first time.)
I was thinking it was this.

They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #106 on: 08 Jun 2017, 20:26 »

3 usb cables?!?

Someone get those two horny love bots a HDMI 2.0 cable before they burn down the whole neighborhood!
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #107 on: 08 Jun 2017, 20:33 »

Jeph will fix the typo by tomorrow and all will be well in the Seven Universe

Like the look Bubbles is going for.  I wonder if she'll keep the armor for Formal Wear or buy a Tux?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Gyrre

« Reply #108 on: 08 Jun 2017, 20:40 »

I have a question for those critcizing Pictoria; how many of you have worked in the food service industry in America?
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #109 on: 08 Jun 2017, 21:06 »

I'm sure Jeph has a master sheet of Ms Pictoria's tattoos so he can draw them consistently. Has he posted it? Would he if we asked nicely?
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #110 on: 08 Jun 2017, 21:16 »

I have a question for those critcizing Pictoria; how many of you have worked in the food service industry in America?

I'm not one of those people, but I still feel compelled to question how that is relevant to the discussion of how one human being treats another.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #111 on: 08 Jun 2017, 21:18 »

Jeph will fix the typo by tomorrow and all will be well in the Seven Universe

Like the look Bubbles is going for.  I wonder if she'll keep the armor for Formal Wear or buy a Tux?

It's not like the typo has been unseen all this time.  Last night, on Patreon, people were talking about it.  Dunno if or how often he checks the comments there however.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #112 on: 08 Jun 2017, 21:27 »

Comic's up!

(Or maybe I'm missing a meme or something. Wouldn't be the first time.)
God made Jeremy and Eve, not Jeremy and Steve!
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Dust

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #113 on: 08 Jun 2017, 21:57 »

And the legend of Bront continues...

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #114 on: 08 Jun 2017, 23:23 »

It's a nice little touch but Faye really is a good friend, isn't she? Her first instinct with Seven is to be reassuring and supportive of her new relationship. That said, I really think that she should get Seven off of her current conversational track; she's likely to burn out a few components talking about what she and Jeremy were doing last night! Poor Bubbles isn't much better either! She clearly knows the implications and it makes her a little flushed!

By the way, any newbies should know this: Pintsize confirmed that 'robot sex' is like a system-to-system interface with several key files being swapped back and forth leading to some analogy of pleasure. We don't really know much beyond that but, from this strip, we can tell that the transmission rate when two synthetics get as excited as Seven and Jeremy apparently were must be gigantic if it overheats the data exchange cables.

Ha! Typing in "unionrobotics.net" leads right back to QC...

Jeph wouldn't be so silly as to use a URL that he either didn't control or he knew wouldn't mind the extra clicks.

It looks like Bubbles is picking up on Faye's clothing style. And I have to say.. those robo-hips look pretty good in jeans. daaaaang

That is more-or-less the sort of look I was expecting Bubbles to go for. I wonder if she has a tee shirt underneath that? I'd be hesitant work machinery of the sort they have in the shop whilst wearing something stretchy like a hoodie
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

neurocase

• Furry furrier
« Reply #115 on: 09 Jun 2017, 01:47 »

You know, I think it is possible to become a bit too aware of your instinctive impulses. It isn't always a good idea to spend to long meditating on why you have certain impulses; 'right impulse' and 'wrong impulse' should be enough sometimes. For example, telling a woman in whom you are romantically interested that she is attractive should generally work. Picking a fight with a 6' 5", 300lb+ muscle bound bouncer over said girl is probably a bad impulse that you should ignore. Beyond that, Clinton shouldn't worry too much about it.

I like this new girl! Can we keep  her?

Outdated, I know, but I'd disagree with this. IMO, one's instinctive impulses always lead to trouble, and should be suppressed and second-guessed at all costs.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #116 on: 09 Jun 2017, 03:00 »

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that she's joking, but has that commanding presence like Veronica and Clinton is actually taking her serious.  If not then the only justification she'd have for demanding a $100 tip is if the meal cost $500 or if she provided Clinton with advice so valuable he could win over the next woman he sees with just 5 words and the wink of an eye.   

That is more-or-less the sort of look I was expecting Bubbles to go for. I wonder if she has a tee shirt underneath that? I'd be hesitant work machinery of the sort they have in the shop whilst wearing something stretchy like a hoodie

She can always roll up the sleeves. 

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #117 on: 09 Jun 2017, 03:07 »

Bubbles...

HAWT!

(thatisall)
 :wow:
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...
« Reply #118 on: 09 Jun 2017, 06:22 »

Not in America, but extensively in Britain.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #119 on: 09 Jun 2017, 07:09 »

So... just tossing this out there, but would human/robot sex likely be via VR? ;)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #120 on: 09 Jun 2017, 07:21 »

So... just tossing this out there, but would human/robot sex likely be via VR? ;)

It depends on who is doing the emulation.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #121 on: 09 Jun 2017, 08:28 »

Both Pintsize and May seem to be working on getting adapters installed for that purpose.  Who knows what data they'd send back to the AI in question though.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Roborat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #122 on: 09 Jun 2017, 11:23 »

I see Bubbles has the blush mod installed, so cute.  And wow, she looks good in clothes, I like her style.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #123 on: 09 Jun 2017, 11:56 »

wow, Seven.  TMI.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #124 on: 09 Jun 2017, 20:33 »

Looks like Clinton was routinely bullied out of his lunch money in high school.

Great sign, Seven. (I would suggest expanding the text of the url. Unless you -wanted- to make it hard to read...) I'm sure someone will be along shortly to comment on the choice of font. (someone who cares more than I do)

What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #125 on: 10 Jun 2017, 04:35 »

It's been implied in comic that it'd be like human sex. There's plenty of evidence of chassis being equipped for penetrative sex (most of it from May, but still), as well as AIs expressing a desire to have various forms of non-penetrative sex (May's expressed such a desire to have both non-penetrative and penetrative sexual relations with a cis human man).

Gyrre

« Reply #126 on: 10 Jun 2017, 05:47 »

I'm not one of those people, but I still feel compelled to question how that is relevant to the discussion of how one human being treats another.

1) Customers can be the worst part of working any service industry job in America°. Store clerks, servers, and cashiers often face horrid self-entitled people that seem to just be looking for an excuse to launch into a verbally abusive tyrade. Just look up "retail horror stories" for some real life examples.
2) Employers use tips as an excuse to not pay servers full price. So when the bills come due and either business is slow or there's a bunch of people not tipping, the wait find themselves in a pretty bad situation.

°Granted, customers can also be the best part of the job.[/]
a real-ass gaddam sword

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #127 on: 10 Jun 2017, 06:08 »

Still see nothing here that justifies extending American exceptionalism into granting 'murricans a free pass from humdrum, everyday ethical constraints like "Thou shalt not try to intimidate your neighbour into giving you money".

Just because your Prez seems to believe it to be true, don't make so, just sayin'  :laugh:

I'd also ask you whether you have worked service industry jobs in any of the other 192 UN member countries, so as to a at least have a subjective base for comparison to base that argument on?
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #128 on: 10 Jun 2017, 06:14 »

Still see nothing here that justifies extending American exceptionalism into granting 'murricans a free pass from humdrum, everyday ethical constraints like "Thou shalt not try to intimidate your neighbour into giving you money".

Just because your Prez seems to believe it to be true, don't make so, just sayin'  [emoji23]

I'd also ask you whether you have worked service industry jobs in any of the other 192 UN member countries, so as to a at least have a subjective base for comparison to base that argument on?
Now now.  Remember even the Ferengi are uncomfortable with us capitalism.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Gyrre

« Reply #129 on: 10 Jun 2017, 07:40 »

Just because your Prez seems to believe it to be true, don't make so, just sayin'  :laugh:

I answered the question as to why someone might behave as such. I didn't defend the behavior.

President Dick-Turd can die in a fire.

I've only worked as fast food cashier, store clerk, cart-pusher, and crew transporter in a few different states in the USA (which is nearly the same size as Europe). So I'm working from an incomplete data set based on reactions from other nationalities to previously stated retail horror stories.

BTW, I've been screamed at by an inattentive mother for keeping her unattended 4 year-old from opening and eating a box of rat poison some jackass  left with the candy by the register. I lost count of how many times I was nearly ran over in the first two weeks of being a cart-pusher (Oklahomans are terrible drivers).
a real-ass gaddam sword

Tremayne

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #130 on: 11 Jun 2017, 08:50 »

In response to Jeph's postscript: It's only light bondage if they're using fiber optic cables.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #131 on: 11 Jun 2017, 11:49 »

The phenomenon of "horrid self-entitled people who treat service workers abominably" translates more or less as "people in high-stress lives or who are fundamentally unhappy, looking for someone with less power than themselves whom they can take misdirected revenge upon."

It gets worse, basically, the more stress people are under.  Considering that the social safety net in the US is nonexistent compared to that in most EU countries, I'd expect that it probably really IS worse here.

That said, I don't have any experiential basis for comparison - I'm only theorizing.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #132 on: 11 Jun 2017, 19:36 »

I have no doubt that what you have just described does occur. And maybe an arbitrary instance can be put down to that.

Or maybe they just had a bad day. Or maybe they had a dreadful upbringing and that's the way they treat people. Or maybe there are a plethora of other reasons. I don't think there's just one that this phenomenon can translate to.

OldGoat

• Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #133 on: 15 Jun 2017, 12:42 »

First Pictoria says "Only kidding; you're cute in a gullible and easily-intimidated way! I'd date you even if that other girl won't!" Then he goes outside to run into Emily, who says that she has some spare time now and she'd really like a second date. He's just accepting when Brun texts him saying "Having thought about it, I find you attractive too."

I had the same general though, mostly since Clinton seems to have inherited the MMC (Marten Mope Cloud) of Romantic Ill Fortune.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up