Comic Discussion > ALICE GROVE

Alice Grove MCDLT - THE END...?

<< < (125/125)

traroth:
This comic is full of interesting ideas, but nothing feels really developed. We don't see much of the world, even when the characters travel. The ellipses, for example when Alice, Sedna, Ardent and Gavia are travelling in a wagon, are frustrating. It feels as if each time we are placed in a position to see something interesting from this world, some event prevents it from happening. So we don't see much from the town in the beginning (beacuse Gavia arrives and starts to make things explode), neither from that other town in the pit (because Pate arrives), neither from the bunker (they rush through the tunnels) and almost nothing from the praesces at the end (because Laridia arrives). Most of what we know from that world we learned from discussions and not from actions, and the pace was so slow that the rushed ending makes it look like as if even Jeph Jacques got bored. At the end, to me, that comic really lets a feeling of frustration.

LKR1009:
Anyone else still missing Alice Grove? :(

brasca:
Yes and I was thinking of revisiting the ending since it's been over a year since it ended.  I still think it holds up well.  I don't know if anyone else has reconsidered. 

jwhouk:
Someone may need to lightly prod Jeph about putting this in a dead tree format for purchase.

bhtooefr:

Further confirmation that birds actually are weird dogs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version