THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Relationships You Wanna See More Of  (Read 27476 times)

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Relationships You Wanna See More Of
« Reply #50 on: 30 Oct 2017, 12:11 »

I agree Angus didn't do anything wrong, but Faye could still feel like he abandoned her. She may even admit it's not right for her to do so, but emotions don't always yield to logic.

I may hve jumped to a conclusion too quickly though. When I read the remark about "the return of Angus" I assumed it meant he'd be moving back to Northampton. Returning to visit is a more likely scenario.

Frankly, it wouldn't be that strange to have Angus pay a visit to Marigold as her former roommate. Of course, their relationship could very well have pretty much ended immediately after he moved away, as often happens with roommate/classmate-type convenience friendships.

dutchrvl

« Reply #51 on: 01 Nov 2017, 07:48 »

I would also be interested in seeing officer Roko establish some kind of friendship with Bubbles. Considering Bubbles' military past and Roko being in law enforcement, I could imagine they may find common ground. 

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #52 on: 13 Nov 2017, 01:36 »

Beatrice and Hannelore

Let's have some mother-daughter bonding up in here
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #53 on: 13 Nov 2017, 07:51 »

And by “bonding” we mean “conspiring to permanently affix the other somewhere where they will be safe/out of the way”
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #54 on: 15 Nov 2017, 21:35 »

Good heavens no, what kind of twisted definition is that

I mean "conspiring to rule the galaxy post-Singularity America as mother and daughter"
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

gopher

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #55 on: 16 Nov 2017, 01:59 »

All these ideas just emphasise who dull Hanners and the Betas is as a plot.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #56 on: 16 Nov 2017, 07:15 »

Momo and Sven. I really would like to know how this:

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1658

could turn out!
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

TheBiscuit

• Furry furrier
« Reply #57 on: 16 Nov 2017, 20:23 »

I'd like to see Angus again. It'd be interesting to see him run into Faye and Renee at the same time haha.
Honestly, I'd like to see him outside of the context of his former relationship with Faye. At least at first, I think that would be nice. Eventually the two of them would meet, but if Angus was going to come back I'd appreciate the opportunity to see him more developed as a character in his own right.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #58 on: 19 Nov 2017, 00:35 »

Angus left because he got a TV job. Would it be too coincidental for one of the characters to be skipping channels and see his show? The modern version might be seeing his face in a YouTube thumbnail.

dutchrvl

« Reply #59 on: 20 Nov 2017, 12:50 »

I'd like to see Angus again. It'd be interesting to see him run into Faye and Renee at the same time haha.
Honestly, I'd like to see him outside of the context of his former relationship with Faye. At least at first, I think that would be nice. Eventually the two of them would meet, but if Angus was going to come back I'd appreciate the opportunity to see him more developed as a character in his own right.

That would be interesting, yes.

In the context of his relationship with Faye, I would actually prefer to see Faye go to NYC to seek closure with Angus (w/ or w/o Bubbles in tow as support). JJ however, has always seemed to be pretty reluctant about having his characters anywhere but in Northampton. The only instances outside MA that I recall (besides the space station) are Faye at her mom's home, and Marten's dad's wedding in Vermont. Maybe Dora's parents' home (unsure where that was)?

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing some characters outside of their typical comfort environments. 

OldGoat

• Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #60 on: 20 Nov 2017, 13:07 »

The only instances outside MA that I recall (besides the space station) are Faye at her mom's home, and Marten's dad's wedding in Vermont. Maybe Dora's parents' home (unsure where that was)?
The party at the house by the lake?  IIRC that was Emily's parents' place.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #61 on: 20 Nov 2017, 13:23 »

The lake house seemed to be not too far of a drive from Northampton, so probably still in Massachusetts. Ditto Dora’s parents - it’s not clear that they are in Northampton but seem to be in the nearby area.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

OldGoat

« Reply #62 on: 20 Nov 2017, 14:11 »

The lake house seemed to be not too far of a drive from Northampton, so probably still in Massachusetts. Ditto Dora’s parents - it’s not clear that they are in Northampton but seem to be in the nearby area.
New England and the Left Coast have very different ideas of distance.  The lake house could easily be in New Hampshire or even Vermont and I'd still call it "not too far."

TheBiscuit

• Furry furrier
« Reply #63 on: 20 Nov 2017, 20:29 »

In the context of his relationship with Faye, I would actually prefer to see Faye go to NYC to seek closure with Angus (w/ or w/o Bubbles in tow as support). JJ however, has always seemed to be pretty reluctant about having his characters anywhere but in Northampton. The only instances outside MA that I recall (besides the space station) are Faye at her mom's home, and Marten's dad's wedding in Vermont. Maybe Dora's parents' home (unsure where that was)?

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing some characters outside of their typical comfort environments.

Seeing Faye and Angus get closure would be very interesting, especially with Bubbles. But then again besides Angus moving and Faye not being supportive, they had no problems so I mean ... they might get back together if she came back?
It could happen, but Faye has gone through a lot of changes since then.

dutchrvl

« Reply #64 on: 21 Nov 2017, 07:13 »

Seeing Faye and Angus get closure would be very interesting, especially with Bubbles. But then again besides Angus moving and Faye not being supportive, they had no problems so I mean ... they might get back together if she came back?

Getting back together seems doubtful, even if Angus somehow ended up back in Northampton. Too much has happened and changed, especially in Faye's life, while Angus would still know that his career ambitions and goals do not align with Faye's ambition to stay put.

I actually always found it odd that Angus was either not informed or did not  reach out after Faye's hospital/alcohol incident. That was pretty soon after they broke up and I'd assumed somebody would've informed him of what happened. Considering he loved her and the breakup was reluctant, I'd have expected him to stop by or at least reach out.

Gyrre

« Reply #65 on: 25 Nov 2017, 17:16 »

New England and the Left Coast have very different ideas of distance.  The lake house could easily be in New Hampshire or even Vermont and I'd still call it "not too far."
Well, the original 13 colonies are tiny compared to the Midwest and Western states. Though, they make nice points of comparison when discussing the size of European countries.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a few counties out west that are the same size as Rhode Island.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

OldGoat

« Reply #66 on: 25 Nov 2017, 19:19 »

Well, the original 13 colonies are tiny compared to the Midwest and Western states. Though, they make nice points of comparison when discussing the size of European countries.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a few counties out west that are the same size as Rhode Island.
That was the first thing I noticed driving back there.  The second thing I noticed is that when the yellow sign approaching a curve says "25 MPH" they damn well mean it.  Out here if it's posted 25 you can take it at 40 no problem.  Not the case in Connecticut, nosiree!  I only needed that demonstration once.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #67 on: 25 Nov 2017, 19:29 »

In the Midwest most roads are perfectly straight. In the former colonies, the roads were designed while drunk.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #68 on: 25 Nov 2017, 23:15 »

Brewster County, Texas: 6192 square miles.
Rhode Island: 1214 square miles.

Screw "same size", Texas has ten counties that are significantly bigger than Rhode Island. (1500 square miles or more)  One of which, Harris County, is also much more populous (this is Houston).  (4.5 million versus 1 million)

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #69 on: 25 Nov 2017, 23:46 »

And that's not even to mention San Bernardino County, California.

OldGoat

« Reply #70 on: 26 Nov 2017, 17:37 »

Two words, Texas and California - "Alaskan Boroughs."

A Duck

• Curry sauce
« Reply #71 on: 26 Nov 2017, 19:05 »

I'd like to see more Dora/Tai. They've been more or less on the background for so long I feel like they could have broken up off-screen and we don't know.

While we're at it, just more Dora in general.

Zemyla

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #72 on: 30 Nov 2017, 22:10 »

Here's one we'll probably never see: Gabby/screen time.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #73 on: 01 Dec 2017, 01:01 »

Here's one we'll probably never see: Gabby/screen time.

Yeah, it's unfair. Claire and Emily became stars, and Gabby disappeared in the background. That's the show business...

Gyrre

« Reply #74 on: 01 Dec 2017, 17:29 »

In the Midwest most roads are perfectly straight. In the former colonies, the roads were designed while drunk.

For some variation, try driving through the Flint Hills or any mountainous route.

As for Midwestern areas that were designed while drunk; Oklahoma City has a road that intersects with itself[/]. Then there's the tangled interstate knots in downtown KC and OKC.
a real-ass gaddam sword

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #75 on: 03 Dec 2017, 06:18 »

I'm sure you can find exceptions, but the general pattern in the midwest is grids (though I'm curious which road you're talking about in OKC. I lived in Norman for about 8 years.) In the town where I was born, there are multiple 6+-way intersections, including a 7-way intersection with a railroad crossing through the middle of it...

By the way, how did we end up on the topic of infrastructure in a thread about relationships?  :psyduck:

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #76 on: 08 Dec 2017, 08:28 »

I also would like to see some development of the Clinton-Brun-Elliott situation. I almost forgot about those...

lawoot

• Plantmonster
« Reply #77 on: 09 Dec 2017, 05:48 »

By the way, how did we end up on the topic of infrastructure in a thread about relationships?  :psyduck:
Gotta have a good infrastructure to build a healthy relationship upon. :D

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #78 on: 09 Dec 2017, 12:29 »

Before that you need a solid foundation - either bedrock, some deep pile driving or pound things down till everything is rock solid ....  :parrot:
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Storel

« Reply #79 on: 10 Dec 2017, 01:41 »

Before that you need a solid foundation - either bedrock, some deep pile driving or pound things down till everything is rock solid ....  :parrot:

"Deep pile driving", hurr hurr...  :clairedoge:

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #80 on: 10 Dec 2017, 03:39 »

And mutual thrust.
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

dutchrvl

« Reply #81 on: 11 Dec 2017, 07:23 »

And mutual thrust.

I dunno, I usually go back and forth with that.

Voran

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #82 on: 20 Dec 2017, 11:49 »

I'd actually like to see some consequences of relationships play out.  I've found it odd that these people can have terrible relationships because of personal issues and then they break up, and then they jump back into another relationship.

With the 'comic strip timelapse' we have to remember in alot of these cases its been mere weeks since their last relationship burned, but in real time that takes months, so we start doing things like, "Faye and Bubbles!" but really Faye should be the last person jumping into a relationship cause she should still be dealing with her stuff from the last one.  Or Dora, whole storyline about how she was kinda sabotagey in her relationships, but now with Tai everything seems fine and none of her old traits are popping up. 

In terms of chars I'd like to see again, heh I almost feel like the coffeshop is getting pushed out.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #83 on: 20 Dec 2017, 13:13 »

There's actually been two significant timeskips since Dora and Marten's break up. 1855 / 1856 as shown by Hanner's hair and then Faye's in the next strip after. This was before Dora and Tai got together.

Then 3136 which shows Faye's hair go from super short to almost shoulder length after breaking up with Angus.

We can speculate on specific times but that type of hair growth takes months. The first time skip I would guess is much shorter compared to the second one though.

Different relationships have different pitfalls, and we haven't seen as much of Dora and Tai's relationship as Dora and Marten's relationship. That said we have seen Dora get insecure and snappy with Tai.

A small perverse otter

• Staying well enhydrated
« Reply #84 on: 20 Dec 2017, 15:32 »

Happy couples don't have much drama unless they're in conflict with an outside force. (Remember man vs. man, man vs. nature, and man vs. himself from English class? An interesting story needs conflict.) Like Faye and Bubbles vs. Corpse Witch - they got along very well, but they had a common foe.
Exactly.  Stability and mature behavior make for dull reading (or viewing).
"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." -- L. Tolstoy
"AGH! Humans are so STUPID sometimes!" -- QC #3668

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #85 on: 20 Dec 2017, 20:31 »

Different relationships have different pitfalls, and we haven't seen as much of Dora and Tai's relationship as Dora and Marten's relationship. That said we have seen Dora get insecure and snappy with Tai.

We've also seen that, unlike Marten, Tai doesn't put up with it. She's more likely to call Dora out on it before the pressure builds to the breaking point
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #86 on: 21 Dec 2017, 02:13 »

We've also seen that, unlike Marten, Tai doesn't put up with it. She's more likely to call Dora out on it before the pressure builds to the breaking point

FWIW, there have been a few occasions (most notably when Dora had a paranoic episode about trusting someone to act as deputy manager) where I've genuinely thought that Tai was close to breaking up with Dora. It's to Tai's credit that she has kept her patience and tried to work through it.

That's one significant difference in Marten's relationship with Claire. They actually communicate about their disagreements whilst with Dora he had a tendency to just walk away and try to pretend it hadn't happened after the initial conflict died down.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Gyrre

« Reply #87 on: 23 Dec 2017, 19:29 »

I'm sure you can find exceptions, but the general pattern in the midwest is grids (though I'm curious which road you're talking about in OKC. I lived in Norman for about 8 years.) In the town where I was born, there are multiple 6+-way intersections, including a 7-way intersection with a railroad crossing through the middle of it...

Downtown OKC around the exit for Hwy 3A from I-44.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Vaygr

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #88 on: 26 Jan 2018, 08:22 »

I always wanted Marten and Hanners to be a thing, but that's not likely, hah.

All the trans, gay, etc relationships are getting silly to me, though. Now Bubbles and Faye are gonna be a thing? Real. But I guess that's because they do nothing for me. I lose out on lots of cute, romantic stuff due to being indifferent about that kind of stuff. I suck.

Jeemy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #89 on: 26 Jan 2018, 08:28 »

I always wanted Marten and Hanners to be a thing, but that's not likely, hah.

All the trans, gay, etc relationships are getting silly to me, though. Now Bubbles and Faye are gonna be a thing? Real. But I guess that's because they do nothing for me. I lose out on lots of cute, romantic stuff due to being indifferent about that kind of stuff. I suck.

So what are you saying? Not to put words into your mouth, but is it that the proposed relationships upcoming in the comic are, or seem to be, all forced to be non-standard, that it makes you less interested?

I think it makes it quite realistic; that they all are. Maybe that's what QC is about. Doesn't seem like it always was. I am fairly unenlightened AFAIK; over here about 1/1000 relationships are non-heterosexual.

Seems like in US its more like 50/50 or more?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #90 on: 26 Jan 2018, 09:20 »

over here about 1/1000 relationships are non-heterosexual.

You're in the UK, like me, right?

Around 1.5% (as recorded several years ago), so you're well over an order of magnitude out.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #91 on: 26 Jan 2018, 09:29 »

All the trans, gay, etc relationships are getting silly to me, though.

In fourteen years of the comic, we have one gay relationship in the main cast (Dora/Tai), plus two in peripheral characters (Marten's dad, Faye's sister); and of those, we see little of Dora and Tai at present.  Plus one (just one) trans character/relationship.  Not a lot to write home about, though the number of relationships in the comic as a whole is small enough to make them seem a high proportion.  In any case, the acceptance and handling of such things happens to be a particular interest of the author; it's why he writes about them, and he does a remarkably good job of handling them.

So, a focus on certain types of people specifically, but not a silly amount; or if you're saying the relationships themselves are silly, you can expect people around here to try to educate you a bit.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Jeemy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #92 on: 26 Jan 2018, 11:09 »

over here about 1/1000 relationships are non-heterosexual.

You're in the UK, like me, right?

Around 1.5% (as recorded several years ago), so you're well over an order of magnitude out.

Indeed, I am in the UK. But all Uks are not same Uks. Lets put aside for a moment the hope (I do hope) that you took my comment as an approximation, maybe even a humorous exaggeration; and not an invitation to a fact-based debate.

Just an aside; I live in Scotland. Scotland is white/pale-blue, empty and racist. Not through choice, just ignorance (in the genuine meaning - we do not know many people from other cultures - and when you hit the highlands and islands, even fewer). We don't see black people here.

Let me retrospec (sic) those last 6 words. In my immediate community, I know zero (no): africans; african-americans; homosexuals; asians; indians; bisexuals; trans-sexuals or any LGBT contingents; none of the subcultures you guys discuss in these forums.

One could even argue that my exposure to the internet and this kind of stuff, has opened my eyes wider.

I'd just simply suggest; keep internet world-wide discussion separate from real-world experience. Use your judgement to handle the transition(?)

Over 25 years ago I remember vividly visiting my (white, middle-class) cousins down in the south of England, and going with them to festivals in towns such as Bedford. We were a very musical lot, I brought my guitar because I played it every day, and they would have found me  surprising liar if I didn't. I would just be expected to 'jam'(rf1)

One of the immediate things I noted was the incredibly high percentage of black people. Now, I'm not saying Scotland is non-black - but at the risk of being obtuse, its mainly pakistani). But being the kind of person I am, and being in the music industry (thus, being chucked into a situation where you need to integrate (*properly, understandably and quickly*) with anybody - the first thing I noted was English (multicultural) musicians shout out very different instructions.

So, suddenly, I was surrounded by my cousins who were immersed in this culture (not by virtue of their upbringing, just, it would not have precluded it; dealing with a bundle of 'human beings who have different slang'. Tis was the biggest lesson I ever got in multi-culturalism. they chucked me into a bundle of guys who were (a) quite scary regardless of deliniature and (b) just quite scary. I suspect as my cousins are  beautiful young women from the area this procedure was easier for them plus

1) I don't deal with African - or Jamaican- British - never met any. And I do business all over the world, but really that means Europe. So I never heard these words before.
2) Suddenly I am in a band of very earnest cunts who really hope I know what the next chord is. Here's a few of the things I got told:

- "small up yasel"; slow down playing, reduce my volume
   -> obviously we've all heard "big up yasel" - time for mah guitar solo; obviously I never got this
- "speak like mouse" - shut the fuck up on your guitar
- "now dwan" "now minor" "now prime" "nwow LAAG" etc

Notably, in a recent British Council programme designed to prepare Jamaican educators to teach English to their country-man, the only country that refused to sign the papers (i.e. never even bothered reading it, fwiw) was Jamaica.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #93 on: 26 Jan 2018, 11:44 »

I'd just simply suggest; keep internet world-wide discussion separate from real-world experience. Use your judgement to handle the transition(?)

The forum is part of the Internet; you have real-life experience (and so does every other member of the forum, but it's different from yours).  I would respectfully suggest that the forum cannot separate itself from the individual experiences of every one of its members - it's the job of the individual to use their judgement and show respect when interacting with the forum.

A small perverse otter

« Reply #94 on: 26 Jan 2018, 12:17 »

The forum is part of the Internet; you have real-life experience (and so does every other member of the forum, but it's different from yours).  I would respectfully suggest that the forum cannot separate itself from the individual experiences of every one of its members - it's the job of the individual to use their judgement and show respect when interacting with the forum.
This.

Indeed, the US is in no way homogeneous even on very small scales. My home county in the state of Washington is also bigger than Delaware -- and it is quite culturally diverse from west to east: west is urban and suburban Seattle; east is very rural. West is quite liberal; east quite conservative.

Even locally, we're pretty diverse: there are >20 language spoken by students in the nearby high school, all of whom live within ~2 mi of here.

A small perverse otter

« Reply #95 on: 26 Jan 2018, 12:29 »

Also, Office Basilisk and *anybody*. I find the whole concept of a law-enforcement AI who sits at home alone knitting, who can't deal with injury, and who got stuck in a garbage can by a massive war-bot so sad; I want to see her happy.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #96 on: 26 Jan 2018, 16:38 »

If you don't know any LGBT people, one of two things is likely:

1. You don't know many people.
2. You do know LGBT people, they just don't feel comfortable coming out to you.

A Duck

• Curry sauce
« Reply #97 on: 26 Jan 2018, 16:57 »

I'm a cis hetero dude and I'm pretty sure my social circle, which evolved from high school, is close to QC levels of diverse. I do live in a big city, though, and I can see how even small variations in context can change that a lot.

The people I know from college, for example, are much less diverse. I don't think there's a single one that (at least openly) falls into any sort of LGBT definition. It's just a bunch of white engineer dudes, and some ladies.

Pennepasta

• Plantmonster
« Reply #98 on: 27 Jan 2018, 00:30 »

I'm a cis hetero dude and I'm pretty sure my social circle, which evolved from high school, is close to QC levels of diverse. I do live in a big city, though, and I can see how even small variations in context can change that a lot.

The people I know from college, for example, are much less diverse. I don't think there's a single one that (at least openly) falls into any sort of LGBT definition. It's just a bunch of white engineer dudes, and some ladies.

Interesting; from Uni, as a not-the-most-sociable person, I certainly knew at least one gay person, at least one queer person, and someone that I now think is Ace (though, obv. it's none of my flipping business :P). Ignoring MTG's judge stuff - which has a notably higher percentage of non-(cis white male)s due to people wanting representation (also a higher proportion of utter *****, though that's unrelated to their sexuality) - I think I've known one lesbian couple (oh, and a guy who came out as gay, actually,  year or two ago, at which point someone else mentioned they were gay)? Of course, this is coloured by the fact that I have no reason to find out if someone's gay, trans, or whatever, because I'm not out there wanting to get into their bed. Oh, and I can tell via tattoos that a person in one of the pubs locally is... something vaguely gender neutral, though I don't know the person at all. So I guess it's pretty evenly split for me, on reflection, between uni people and these dirty southerners doon 'ere.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #99 on: 27 Jan 2018, 01:28 »

Also, Office Basilisk and *anybody*. I find the whole concept of a law-enforcement AI who sits at home alone knitting, who can't deal with injury, and who got stuck in a garbage can by a massive war-bot so sad; I want to see her happy.

While I concur with wanting to see more Roko[1], I must raise one minor quibble.  She seemed less bothered with the injury than with the prospect of seeing her foot removed and tinkered with.  I can personally say that even if bits of me would reattach as easily, I'm *not* one of those people who would look at a missing appendage on the inside and say "ooh, cool".

[1]Shameless Patreon plug: be careful what you wish for.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2018, 02:10 by hedgie »
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up