THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 06:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

BenRG's Wish Thread - What Would You Like to See Next?

The madness that ensues at The Horrible Revelation when Brun, Elliott and Clinton are all there
- 9 (26.5%)
The adventures of May, Momo and Winslow on a typical day in Northampton
- 1 (2.9%)
Just how strange are Brun's coworkers? A week of the weird!
- 3 (8.8%)
The landlord isn't happy having five people to an apartment; apartment hunting for Marten & Co.!
- 2 (5.9%)
SpookyBot approaches Bubbles for a 'favour'; will she pay the devil their due?
- 0 (0%)
A day on patrol with Officer Basilisk
- 11 (32.4%)
Like Jeph, Marten is thinking of giving up the electric guitar in favour of the synthesiser; artistic angst ensues
- 1 (2.9%)
Claire's agony as she tries to spend a day with Clinton WITHOUT shipping him with someone
- 5 (14.7%)
Robot week: Jeremy, Seven and Punchbot are working on marketing the Robot Fighting League
- 2 (5.9%)
Other (please specify in a comment)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3566 to 3570 (11th to 15th September 2017)  (Read 35345 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: WCDT Strips 3566 to 3570 (11th to 15th September 2017)
« Reply #150 on: 17 Sep 2017, 10:08 »

Poll Results Post
BenRG's Wish Thread - What Would You Like to See Next?

1. A day on patrol with Officer Basilisk - 11 (32.4%)
2. The madness that ensues at The Horrible Revelation when Brun, Elliott and Clinton are all there - 9 (26.5%)
3. Claire's agony as she tries to spend a day with Clinton WITHOUT shipping him with someone - 5 (14.7%)
4. Just how strange are Brun's coworkers? A week of the weird! - 3 (8.8%)
=5. The landlord isn't happy having five people to an apartment; apartment hunting for Marten & Co.! - 2 (5.9%)
=5. Robot week: Jeremy, Seven and Punchbot are working on marketing the Robot Fighting League - 2 (5.9%)
=7. The adventures of May, Momo and Winslow on a typical day in Northampton - 1 (2.9%)
=7. Like Jeph, Marten is thinking of giving up the electric guitar in favour of the synthesiser; artistic angst ensues - 1 (2.9%)
x. SpookyBot approaches Bubbles for a 'favour'; will she pay the devil their due? - 0 (0%)
x. Other (please specify in a comment) - 0 (0%)

Well, I can see that there is a lot of love for the newer characters, including one who was arguably only a background/supporting character until this week! That said, yeah, I do think that Roko on patrol might be interesting on several levels. Just what kind of petty street crime does a synthetic commit? Would hanging around with ill-intent be loitering or would it be illegal parking?
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2017, 03:38 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
Re: WCDT Strips 3566 to 3570 (11th to 15th September 2017)
« Reply #151 on: 17 Sep 2017, 20:24 »

That said, yeah, I do think that Roko on patrol might be interesting on several levels. Just what kind of petty street crime does a synthetic commit? Would hanging around with ill-intent be loitering or would it be illegal parking?
Remember, Roko is a Massachusetts State Police trooper, not a city police officer, and we see her working AI exploitation investigations (something that's apt to cross city limits and county lines) in town, probably felony crimes. 

Since she does not appear to be assigned to highway patrol duty or general law enforcement in an unincorporated area, we must conclude she's a detective, although probably a junior one since we do see her in uniform from time to time.  When she appears in uniform, we don't see any chevrons or brass, so we can conclude she's a Probationary Trooper, Trooper, or Trooper First Class.  (They wouldn't have a trainee out getting canned for a raccoon.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up