THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaping onto the musical group conveyance vehicle: A sitnspin AMA thread  (Read 11076 times)

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine

Starter info:
Female, she/her
Born in the United States
Artist/shiftless layabout
Relationship Anarchist

Ask away.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

What's a relationship anarchist?
The point where Existentialist, Taoist and Buddhist thought meet is fascinating.

What goes on inside matters more than what goes on without? If the world beyond our skulls is a cypher that only we can provide meaning to & control is an illusion, what can we expect of ourselves or others?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

What do you spin?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

Or is it a shortening of "sit on this and spin"?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental

Guitar or Bass?
Harley Quinn or Tank Girl?
Scars are ...?
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

What's a relationship anarchist?
Short answer: I reject the concepts of hierarchy and discreet categories of relationships.
What do you spin?
Or is it a shortening of "sit on this and spin"?
Pritchard got it in one.
Guitar or Bass?
Harley Quinn or Tank Girl?
Scars are ...?
I play both
Tank Girl, obviously
Proof and reminders of one's survival
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

What is your art medium? How long have you been arting?

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor

You can live in ANY city in the world...

Which do you choose?
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

What is your art medium? How long have you been arting?
I am a painter and a tattooist. I've been painting since I was an early teen but sold my first painting about 10 years ago. My first time giving a tattoo was around that same time.

You can live in ANY city in the world...

Which do you choose?
I obviously haven't been to all of them, but of the ones I have been to, I suppose I'd probably say Jaco, Costa Rica. Although, really anywhere in CR would do.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

Is it Ben ArrGee or Ben ErrGee (like, BenRG should be said BenARRGEE or Benergy?)
The point where Existentialist, Taoist and Buddhist thought meet is fascinating.

What goes on inside matters more than what goes on without? If the world beyond our skulls is a cypher that only we can provide meaning to & control is an illusion, what can we expect of ourselves or others?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Is it Ben ArrGee or Ben ErrGee (like, BenRG should be said BenARRGEE or Benergy?)
In my head it rhymes with energy.
@syleegrrl

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor

In my head it rhymes with energy.

I always *hear* it as spoken the "Voice of Energy" from the Kraftwerk album Radioactivity... only starting with a B!  :)
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

I feel weird. I'm 'an ARR! GEE!' person.  :psyduck:

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Keep the questions coming.
@syleegrrl

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Favourite type of sandwich?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Favourite type of sandwich?
Cucumber, tomato, spinach, onion, red bell pepper, and bean sprouts on whole grain.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

Cereal with milk or something like toast for breakfast?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Cereal with milk or something like toast for breakfast?
Toast or a bagel pre-workout, fruit smoothie with protein powder post-workout. Pancakes or waffles on special occasions.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

How often do you work out?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

How often do you work out?
Five days a week, Monday through Friday.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

What is the focus of your workout?  Muscle gain, endurance, aesthetic?  Something else?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

What is the focus of your workout?  Muscle gain, endurance, aesthetic?  Something else?
Strength. I do a combination of free weights and body weight exercises. I'm naturally really skinny and have always had a hard time keeping my weight up. I figure if I can't be curvy, I'll at least be shredded. Plus, I started studying martial arts a few years ago and decided if I was going to be effective, I needed to get stronger. And now I just like it.

I've also been doing yoga for a little over a decade, but that's more for meditation and mental health. The added strength and flexibility from it are just a bonus.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

Is yoga worth it for flexion? I'm thinking about picking up something to compliment my gym time (lifting, not aiming at shredded but just not useless dealing with weights as I used to be skinny af too).

Also which martial arts?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Yoga is definitely worth it. It's good for increasing flexibility, balance, strength, and focus. I recommend it to everyone who is physically capable.

I briefly studied Aikido years ago, but fell out of it. Now I study krav maga. I'd like to try my hand at hapkido, too, but I haven't found a school anywhere nearby.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

When was the last time you inked someone? What did the design look like?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

It's been awhile. Not since I moved from Boston. A couple years now.  I haven't been able to establish a new set up since I got here. Things have been... complicated. Last one I gave, I think, was a half sleeve of silhouettes of a flock of birds starting really small working up to really big.
@syleegrrl

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity

Do you have any preferences in art or style or will you try your hand at any good idea?

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Historically own personal art projects tend towards darker subject matter and pallette, although I have been shifting considerably in the past few years to less visceral imagery. I've been trying to branch out both in subject and in style. My medium of choice is oil painting, but I've been known to work in acrylics and even the odd water color piece.

When it comes to tattooing, I'm willing to work on most ideas a client comes to me with, up to a point
@syleegrrl
Pages: [1]   Go Up