Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 14 Dec 2017, 20:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fed up with Firefox  (Read 175 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
Fed up with Firefox
« on: 01 Dec 2017, 18:22 »

Running Sierra. Pale Moon comes recommended but is only Windows and Linux so far. I'm worried about privacy using Chrome. Safari and I are simply incompatible.

What are some good options?
Leaning over the edge in wonder,
Casting questions into the deep.
Quote from: an unnamed minister's sermon
In your face, darkness!  We are the light and we outnumber you!

hedgie

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Can't be buggered at all
Re: Fed up with Firefox
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2017, 18:30 »

Palemoon should build using Homebrew or Macports, and Seamonkey (also a fork from FF, IIRC) does have a Mac binary.  There are also Opera, Vivaldi (chromium based with a classic Opera interface/options), and iCab.
"A person who may charitably described as 'not entirely a waste of resources, but mostly so.'"  -- Momo

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"  -- The Pythons

jwhouk

• Mentat
  • The Great North Woods
« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 2017, 18:45 »

What I really miss on this botched update of FF is the Morning Coffee extension - where you could click the toolbar and automatically have certain websites open up on a daily basis (i.e., webcomics and forums and whatnot). If anyone can point me to an option in Chrome or any other browser for Windoze that can do that, PLEASE let me know.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Cast List

LTK

« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2017, 19:58 »

What I really miss on this botched update of FF is the Morning Coffee extension - where you could click the toolbar and automatically have certain websites open up on a daily basis (i.e., webcomics and forums and whatnot). If anyone can point me to an option in Chrome or any other browser for Windoze that can do that, PLEASE let me know.
Save the bookmarks you want easy access to in a folder. Middle-click the folder.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

hedgie

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Can't be buggered at all
« Reply #4 on: 01 Dec 2017, 20:31 »

Palemoon might also work on windows because it takes FF extensions.

Edit:  I just checked on Vivaldi/Chromium, and noticed that it's in the Chrome store.
"A person who may charitably described as 'not entirely a waste of resources, but mostly so.'"  -- Momo

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"  -- The Pythons

LeeC

• WoW gold miner on break
  • Who?! What?! What?! What?! Who?!
« Reply #5 on: 01 Dec 2017, 21:32 »

off/on topic: i friggen hate the new FF set up.
Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

Pilchard123

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #6 on: 02 Dec 2017, 04:25 »

Likewise. All of my extensions, except for UBO, were interface changes. All of my extensions, except for UBO, are now so different that they may as well be broken.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up