THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What new storyline do you want? (Choose two)

Marten & Claire - Claire wants Marten to be more proactive
- 11 (8.7%)
Faye & Bubbles - Is there anything more than friendship?
- 20 (15.9%)
Marten, Veronica and the Beans - Is Marten jealous of what a good stepmom she is to Sam?
- 8 (6.3%)
Faye, Bubbles & Sam - The further adventures of Union Robotics
- 20 (15.9%)
Dale and Marigold - A meditation on DLC and Micro-transactions
- 7 (5.6%)
Momo & May - We were teenage robots at large!
- 10 (7.9%)
Hannelore & Sven - The're clearly friends but what do they do together?
- 11 (8.7%)
Dora and Emily - A double-act making double-lattes!
- 6 (4.8%)
MOAR TILLY! - Let's see what they can do beyond their relationship with Hannelore!
- 6 (4.8%)
Brun, Elliott & Clinton - Lives collide at The Horrible Revelation
- 21 (16.7%)
Other (Please specify in your comment)
- 6 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3631 to 3635 (11th to 15th December 2017  (Read 52610 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: WCDT Strips 3631 to 3635 (11th to 15th December 2017
« Reply #250 on: 15 Dec 2017, 17:19 »

Obviously Hanners will be pretty unhappy. But I suspect that Tilly will also be unhappy. Both of them have been screwed around by this, and Beatrice appears oblivious.

Not for much longer.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

mercykills

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #251 on: 15 Dec 2017, 17:47 »

Obviously Hanners will be pretty unhappy. But I suspect that Tilly will also be unhappy. Both of them have been screwed around by this, and Beatrice appears oblivious.

Not for much longer.

O, but it hasn't been confirmed that Tilly didn't know about their father's deal. It's been shown that a lot people and AI's hold the Ellicott-Chathams in, near royalty-like, high regard. Maybe Tilly didn't care about the how and just saw the chance to work closely with Hanners(someone she, clearly, admires) and jumped at it. I mean, hey, who wouldn't? If my parent's made a shady-ish deal to get me a job working with or for Emily Haines, a moral debate would rage in me for all of three seconds before I was off on a flight to Vancouver.  :-D

As for Beatrice, she just strikes me as a, "I have decided that this is the best course of action and any who don't agree are too ignorant to see my brilliance or are actively working to undermine me." kind of person. Not really someone, you can hope to reason with once they've decided on a course of action. *woof* Good luck, Hanners. :S

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #252 on: 15 Dec 2017, 17:58 »

Not for much longer.

O, but it hasn't been confirmed that Tilly didn't know about their father's deal.

That's true. Still, I suspect that Tilly did not. Time will tell.

Edited because I suddenly realised that my post was a bit snarky, and I don't want to be guilty myself of adding to the bad vibes. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2017, 18:35 by Tova »
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Timemaster

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Master of Time
« Reply #253 on: 15 Dec 2017, 18:25 »

Geeez, people really have dug their trenches here.

Yep. A bad initial impression has been set in stone, it seems, and has affected people's reactions to every comic since. For example, Tilly asking Winslow if he opened Hanners' mail seemed to somehow get translated as "See, Tilly is terrible, they opened Hanners' mail." That can only happen when viewing the comic through an "I hate Tilly" filter.

I personally am finding this story reasonably interesting, regardless of whether I like Tilly or not. I mean, I haven't always liked Faye either, for example, but I've always enjoyed her storylines a great deal. The Tilly story is okay, as far as I am concerned, and I'm interested to see where this is headed, mainly from the point of view of personal development for Hanners and her relationship with her mother. Surely not everyone has completely missed this through the haze of Tilly hatred?

Regardless of whether you think the past comics have been "a pointless diversion," just remember that this is a slice of life comic. Pointless comedic diversions are what QC does.

So okay, I get that some people aren't enjoying the Tilly storyline at all. Maybe take a break from reading if you're hating it that much? Or, if you are going to keep reading, at least try to put aside your initial impressions. You also don't have to justify your dislike of Tilly to the hilt, or explain in great detail why it is that Jeph is a terrible story writer, just because you personally aren't enjoying it. And you certainly don't need to tell us "I hate Tilly," over and over and over and over again. We get it. It's made the forums an unpleasant place to be, quite frankly.

Tova, I want to thank you for this comment. I'm on vacation right now, so I can't write much. But this very much summs up how I feel about this community in this moment.

Actually I was allready thinking about resigning from the QC forum for as long as Tilly appears in the strip. I like this character a lot and reading about the hatred (I mean it) some of the forumites feel for them kinda takes the fun out of the strip for me. I certainly takes the fun out of participating in this discussion here. I mean, some people registered here only to tell uns what "waste" Tilly is. And go blathering on and on about it ever since.
Hello people? You don't like this? Then you can go and find yourself another webcomic, there's plenty of them. You made your point. Several times. Maybe it's time to shut up.

I've never encoutered so much aversion and hatred in a forum before. Somewhere I heard that disappointed fans can become the worst haters. This may be an example. I kinda wonder why the moderation doesn't call for a less agressive intonation here. If I was the owner of a forum and the participants would mostly talk hateful and respectless about my creation, I would surely think about whether I need to provide that forum at all.

As I said, I'm on vacation with my daughter right now. I don't know when I' ll find time to write here again. I surely will, but maybe not as long there are so many bad vibrations. But I just had to make my point.

See ya:
Timemaster
Relax, it's just a comic.

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #254 on: 15 Dec 2017, 19:08 »

P.P.S.: And what do you say to the people looking at you funny when you do?
"They made me do it."

mercykills

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #255 on: 15 Dec 2017, 19:58 »

Not for much longer.

O, but it hasn't been confirmed that Tilly didn't know about their father's deal.

That's true. Still, I suspect that Tilly did not. Time will tell.

Edited because I suddenly realised that my post was a bit snarky, and I don't want to be guilty myself of adding to the bad vibes. Sorry.

O mate, don't even worry about that. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when discussing opposing views on forums, chats, texts because, unlike speaking, it's hard, sometimes, to tell if someone IS being snarky and dismissive or just being concise and to the point. And from all of your comments that I've read (yes, even while lurking before I started sorta, semi-regularly commenting myself), you never struck me as someone who was mean, for the hell of it.  But thanks, anyway, for going through the trouble to clarify.

And just for the record, I got your original meaning when you said 'suspect', I was just putting in my thoughts that if Tilly's father was openly (most likely jokingly)asking her to be a corporate spy, he may have been open about getting her the job as well. But you're right, only time will tell us the answer. Time...or a super smart AI who can use math to predict the answers to every question down to a 99.9999~% accuracy.
 But where to find one of those. :)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #256 on: 15 Dec 2017, 22:08 »

>I kinda wonder why the moderation doesn't call for a less agressive intonation here.

Global Moderator Comment Fair question! There's been one blue-bordered expression of concern already. But the goal of allowing vigorous criticism is important to us. I guarantee mod action if we see it as getting personal and it has come too close for comfort.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #257 on: 15 Dec 2017, 22:11 »

Will we find out more of Hannelore's backstory?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #258 on: 15 Dec 2017, 22:34 »

Will we find out more of Hannelore's backstory?

We can hope?

I don't remember: Are Hanner's parents still married? And are their respective companies?

Someone suggested out that maybe the Tessier-Ashpools in Will Gibson's Neuromancer were the inspiration for the Elliot-Chatham's ... which would make Hanners the opposite of 3Jane Tessier-Ashpool (3rd female clone of her name, Queen of spoiled brats, all-round nasty piece of work), Hannerdad's counterpart would be the almost-late-but-not-lamented wife-slayer John Harness Tessier-Ashpool, whose main talent apart from spousicide is his creativity at staging his own departure from this vale of tears, and Hannermom's opposite number would be Marie-France, mother-in-spirit of the clan's AIs Wintermute and Neuromancer and religiously convinced that human evolution scuttled up a wrong branch once the Homo-family started developing consciousness.

TL;DR - The TA's operate at such baroque levels of f**ked-in-the-headness they make the Elliot-Chatham's look achingly conventional.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2017, 22:49 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #259 on: 15 Dec 2017, 23:04 »

I only just now noticed there's tiny text in the lower right corner of each comic.  How long has that been going on?
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #260 on: 15 Dec 2017, 23:34 »

I only just now noticed there's tiny text in the lower right corner of each comic.  How long has that been going on?

Erm... Since the start of the comic?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #261 on: 15 Dec 2017, 23:41 »

Since the last timeskip (2 years IRL). 3130 seems to be the earliest I found. Then it skips a few days and from 3133 it's been every day.
@BenRG Before this, the text in the lower right was only a copyright notice.
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2017, 05:21 by hakko504 »
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #262 on: 16 Dec 2017, 01:13 »

I've never encoutered so much aversion and hatred in a forum before. Somewhere I heard that disappointed fans can become the worst haters. This may be an example. I kinda wonder why the moderation doesn't call for a less agressive intonation here. If I was the owner of a forum and the participants would mostly talk hateful and respectless about my creation, I would surely think about whether I need to provide that forum at all.

Seven/eight years ago, Jeph was indeed thinking exactly that.  It took a complete change of moderation staff to save it.  But things were a lot worse then than anything in the past few weeks.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #263 on: 16 Dec 2017, 05:20 »

Seven/eight years ago, Jeph was indeed thinking exactly that.  It took a complete change of moderation staff to save it.  But things were a lot worse then than anything in the past few weeks.
NOw, I wasn't around at that time, but what has been said about Tilly has mostly been civil compared to f.i. the discussions when Claire came out.
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #264 on: 16 Dec 2017, 09:18 »

And let's not even get into what happened when Marten and Dora broke up...

(Speaking of which - anyone got their Volume 6 stuff yet?)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

OldGoat

« Reply #265 on: 16 Dec 2017, 10:42 »

Plot twist: Tilly is Hannelore's sibling.
I was thinking half-sib.  "Ewww, an infant.  If you want it, Brontdyn, take it and go," is completely in character for Queen Bea.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #266 on: 16 Dec 2017, 20:55 »

I leave the forums for a few  days and look what happens...
Tilly has a father.   (or, I dunno)
WHAT ABOUT TILLY'S MOTHER?
As if ... She had anything to say about this?
I am starting to think that Tilly's mom is the whole reason behind all of this...
( not that i am against motherhood or anything....)
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #267 on: 16 Dec 2017, 21:11 »

Question - why does Tilly’s mother have anything to do with this? What Freudian excuse could there be to involve their mother? If anything, the driving forces behind this seem to be Tilly’s father and Beatrice. During their conversation with their father, Tilly deflected his questions about Hanners. I’m no expert, but it would seem to me that Tilly really wants to appease their father.

OldGoat

« Reply #268 on: 16 Dec 2017, 22:13 »

Question - why does Tilly’s mother have anything to do with this? 
"Queen Bea" = Beatrice Chatham

We're speculating that she and Brontdyn Birch were an item, however briefly, at one time or another and that Hannelore and Tilly are half-siblings.

(It'd make a good Endeavour plot if nothing else.)

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #269 on: 16 Dec 2017, 23:26 »

"metaphorical" = Big Red Flag.  As in 'whatever I need it to mean'.

'They're Good Dogs, Brontdyn'
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #270 on: 17 Dec 2017, 00:18 »

Question - why does Tilly’s mother have anything to do with this? 
"Queen Bea" = Beatrice Chatham

We're speculating that she and Brontdyn Birch were an item, however briefly, at one time or another and that Hannelore and Tilly are half-siblings.

What in the nine hells makes you think Beatrice would go through pregnancy again?
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #271 on: 17 Dec 2017, 01:08 »

It does seem like the sort of thing that she'd outsource.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #272 on: 17 Dec 2017, 06:53 »

"So... Tilly is a hybrid clone of Bea and this guy?!"

"I've heard stranger."

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #273 on: 17 Dec 2017, 09:14 »

It does seem like the sort of thing that she'd outsource.

I consider it highly likely that Beatrice didn't carry Hannelore either. In fact, I'm pretty satisfied in my own mind that Hannelore is the result of in vitro fertilisation and probably a lot of experimental gene-splicing.
~~~~

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #274 on: 17 Dec 2017, 09:37 »

Well, in 922 Beatrice did mention that she didn't know how she got pregnant. It doesn't entirely rule out IVF, but at least it seems highly unlikely that it was planned by Beatrice. Then again, there's her father...

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

OldGoat

« Reply #275 on: 17 Dec 2017, 10:36 »

What in the nine hells makes you think Beatrice would go through pregnancy again?
To breed another heir, of course.  She's the sort to have Plans B through Z, and she certainly has the resources to continue a pregnancy in an incubator if she found it inconvenient to carry it to term.  Where the child or children developed would be of little interest to her, but the right genetic material would be of vital importance.  Hanners and that infernal sensitivity and conscience of hers is no doubt a concern to Beatrice if not an outright disappointment.  Having tried to breed one heir with an ethical if scatter-brained genius, she may well have opted for a second attempt with a fellow brigand.  (It occurs to me, did Jeph model Beatrice on Gaius Helen Mohiam?)

I'm not predicting that this is where Jeph is taking the story, but it's certainly consistent with the personality of the "[a]lmost completely amoral" character he's created.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #276 on: 17 Dec 2017, 11:06 »

The problem I'm seeing with that idea is that given what we know about Beatrice and Hanners, its quite clear that Beatrice has long been aware of Hanners' state of mind and the associated problems. So if Beatrice had a "Plan B" in place for an heir, then why hasn't she enacted that plan instead of foisting a PA on Hanners.

I imagine that Beatrice didn't actually plan on having children. Given Beatrice's previously saying she didn't know how she got pregnant, than Hanners' was just... an accident. Yes, Hanners is loved, adored even, by her father, and there is some certain maternal love from Beatrice, well, love in her own way, but I do believe that Hanners wasn't planned.

Beatrice has always struck me as the kind of character that would want to achieve immortality rather than trust the future of her company to a successor. But she has a daughter, one that could be moulded into an almost worthy successor, hence why Beatrice keeps pushing Hanners. Sadly, this has the effect of pushing her only daughter away.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #277 on: 17 Dec 2017, 14:27 »

To breed another heir, of course.  She's the sort to have Plans B through Z, and she certainly has the resources to continue a pregnancy in an incubator if she found it inconvenient to carry it to term.  Where the child or children developed would be of little interest to her, but the right genetic material would be of vital importance.  Hanners and that infernal sensitivity and conscience of hers is no doubt a concern to Beatrice if not an outright disappointment.  Having tried to breed one heir with an ethical if scatter-brained genius, she may well have opted for a second attempt with a fellow brigand.  (It occurs to me, did Jeph model Beatrice on Gaius Helen Mohiam?)

I'm not predicting that this is where Jeph is taking the story, but it's certainly consistent with the personality of the "[a]lmost completely amoral" character he's created.

Hmmmh - I wouldn't exactly characterize Hannermom as "the sort to have Plans B through Z", rather than "used to solving problems with the time-honoroured Elephant bull method". That which she can't bully, intimidate, or simply ignore into getting out of her way quick enough, she solves by throwing lots of money at. When faced with problems not amenable to those strategies, she's even more out of her depth than Hannelore or Hannerdad - both are eccentrics, but at least they try to adapt to the world around them. In fact, outside of the corporate shark-tank, Hannermom appears a little ... not naive, but unfinished maybe? Hanners freaks out when out of her comfort-zone, Beatrice throws a tantrum, that's the main difference between them besides the conscientiousness - and conscientiousness can be an adaptation to/by-product of living with OCD (Which, in turn, can be a reaction to/co-morbid with AD(H)D, which is hereditary, to a degree - and Hannerdad is the classic "scatterbrain").

And Gaius Helen Mohiam cared enough about her daughter to take a Gom Jabbar to her throat in person (Also, Jessica was Mohiam's PA before the latter married her of to Leto. IIRC, their fairly intense love/hate-relationship was already established by Herbert the Elder).

Well, in 922 Beatrice did mention that she didn't know how she got pregnant. It doesn't entirely rule out IVF, but at least it seems highly unlikely that it was planned by Beatrice. Then again, there's her father...

I don't think that line indicates she's unclear about the errrrh ... "how" of the process of Hanners arriving in this world, rather that it might have involved alcohol & recriminations ("Scatterbrain, meet Martini").

Edit: Just found this under 913: "Hanner's mom finally makes her appearance! Apologies to William Gibson for borrowing heavily from his Tessier-Ashpool characters." So the person who suggested the TA's as inspiration for the E/C's was right!?!
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2017, 16:36 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
« Reply #278 on: 17 Dec 2017, 16:51 »

Plot twist: Tilly is Hannelore's sibling.
I was thinking half-sib.  "Ewww, an infant.  If you want it, Brontdyn, take it and go," is completely in character for Queen Bea.

Yes but I was actually thinking they share a father not mother and Beatrice is negotiating with her ex husband.

OldGoat

« Reply #279 on: 17 Dec 2017, 17:08 »

Yes but I was actually thinking they share a father not mother and Beatrice is negotiating with her ex husband.
So Brontdyn Birch and John Ellicott-Chatham are one and the same?  I dunno, Sufffs.  John's a brilliant nerd who probably fits at least a couple DSM-5 descriptions, but I doubt if Dissociative Identity Disorder/Multiple Personality Disorder is among them. 

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
« Reply #280 on: 17 Dec 2017, 17:20 »

I forgot they used his name.

Oh well.

I feel like though Beatrice couldn't have a secret kid because she'd have been pregnant for 40ish weeks and that's pretty obvious?

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #281 on: 18 Dec 2017, 12:15 »

I don't think that line indicates she's unclear about the errrrh ... "how" of the process of Hanners arriving in this world, rather that it might have involved alcohol & recriminations ("Scatterbrain, meet Martini").

That's my point, exactly. Depending on how far gone she was, it might have been possible that an embryo was implanted - but it's highly unlikely. Just saying, Beatrice did not plan anything.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #282 on: 18 Dec 2017, 14:43 »

Oh well.

I feel like though Beatrice couldn't have a secret kid because she'd have been pregnant for 40ish weeks and that's pretty obvious?

She could have decided after Hanners "never again" and donated her eggs, and through DNA testing for whatever reasons Beatrice might have had, she discovered Tilly came from one of her donated eggs?

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #283 on: 18 Dec 2017, 16:49 »

Oh well.

She could have decided after Hanners "never again" and donated her eggs, and through DNA testing for whatever reasons Beatrice might have had, she discovered Tilly came from one of her donated eggs?
I don't see her donating anything unless the payoff is much larger than the initial cost for the donation.
Time is money after all.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #284 on: 19 Dec 2017, 03:10 »

Selling her eggs, on the other hand, to the highest bidder, with a contract that no resultant issue has any claim to inheritance...

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #285 on: 19 Dec 2017, 03:16 »

IRL, there is already a market in sperm from 'ideal' men with characteristics women uninterested in a relationship with a man might want their child to inherit. Why not a market in ova too? Beatrice is intelligent, aggressive, apparently healthy and not unattractive. I could see some men who want a child without having any kind of relationship with a woman might find such characteristics desirable for their child.

Whilst Beatrice would be unlikely to need the money, the thought of donating her genetic material as part of a sort of free-market eugenics program might be attractive to her on grounds of vanity and maybe even ideology.
~~~~

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #286 on: 19 Dec 2017, 05:20 »

Although from what I've been told, the process of  harvesting a woman's eggs is a lot more unpleasant than the process of harvesting sperm. It's not an "Oh what the hell, why not?" thing. It's a serious inconvenience for the woman involved. And therefore not something I see Beatrice subjecting herself to.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #287 on: 19 Dec 2017, 06:09 »

IRL, there is already a market in sperm from 'ideal' men with characteristics women uninterested in a relationship with a man might want their child to inherit. Why not a market in ova too? ... some men who want a child without having any kind of relationship with a woman...

Perhaps because surrogacy is a lot harder to come by for men, than simple insemination is for women? Not to mention the legal nightmare it still is in a lot of places.

Edit: my bolding in quote.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #288 on: 19 Dec 2017, 06:40 »

Unfortunately, I'm waiting for Taffy to come in and be the saviour of all mankind by overhearing the conversation and "Ahems" in to inform Beatrice that Mr Taffy (if I read the surname I forgot it) was actively asking for Taffy for  insider information.

And drama unfolds, and Taffy becomes Beatrice's bestest friend in the room (for an hour or so) due to some clause or other in the machinations of their *deal*.

Maybe...

And thus Taffy's place is sealed... Just hopefully NOT as a PA for Hanners...
'Cos I don't wanna associate Hanners with them.
'Cos I *LIKE* Hanners... :(
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Gyrre

« Reply #289 on: 23 Dec 2017, 10:06 »

Okay..... Are their any distinguishing genetic traits that Tilly and Beatrice share?

Cleft chin, cheek dimples, attached/detached earlobes, etc?
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up