THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode IX (spoilers for episode VIII)  (Read 5515 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

I figured I might as well get a thread for episode IX cracking.

The Last Jedi Spoilers
Beware: any discussion of episode IX will likely involve spoilers for episode XIII. If you have not yet watched The Last Jedi, then go no further!!

So, this'll do for starters: Star Wars: Everything We Know About Episode IX

Edit: Hey, that was my 3.3k post. That worked out well.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2018, 15:31 by Tova »
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (spoilers for episode XIII)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2018, 13:10 »

I think you mean episode VIII, not XIII.  :roll: Ep 13 isn't due for another decade or so (assuming one new main movie every two years with a longer break between trilogies)
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Tova

• coprophage
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (spoilers for episode VIII)
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2018, 15:31 »

fixt
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #3 on: 06 Mar 2018, 08:12 »

John Williams to step down as Star Wars series OST composer after Episode-IX:-(

Well, at 86 years, he's earned his retirement and more so. IMO, he's one of the 20th Century's top classical-style composers. If it wasn't for the misfortune of working for the movies, his stuff would be regarded as part of the top echelon of the fine arts. I've long considered it an injustice that he isn't automatically mentioned alongside other luminaries of classical orchestral music.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar 2018, 12:23 »

That is bittersweet news. Like many other, Star Wars gave me one of my earliest exposures to orchestral music, and is one of the reasons that I listen and play today. I first listened to the music when the father of a childhood friend showed me his soundtrack album and played it for me. I hadn't even known soundtrack albums existed!

Famously, many played joined the LSO due to hearing John Williams' scores.

For the longest time, I assumed that we would only get three Star Wars films with a Johm Williams score. We will get nine, all of them great. How lucky we are.

Where would Star Wars be without John Williams?

I fully believe that the time will come when this composer will be fully recognised for his contributions to film and to classical music, alongside Erich Korngold, the film composer who influenced him. And of course, his own influence on current and future composers will be immense.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2018, 08:48 »

With production on Episode IX scheduled to begin in July, it has been leaked that the working title for Star Wars Episode IX will be...

trIXie

Well, at least we now know who is the real Master of the Force! :-P
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!
Pages: [1]   Go Up