Vinyl
- 18 (29.5%)
Stone tablets
- 5 (8.2%)
Ug banging on a rotted tree log with two sticks
- 7 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 3676 to 3680 (12th to 16th February 2018)  (Read 43632 times)

TheEvilDog

Re: WCDT strips 3676 to 3680 (12th to 16th February 2018)
« Reply #50 on: 12 Feb 2018, 18:59 »

...I'm genuinely starting to think Emily needs help.

Freud's definition of mental health was the ability to love and to work. She clears that bar.

I'm a butcher and I love my work. The fact that I practice on humans is irrelevant.

I see its time to go to the tailor for that new jacket.

A straitjacket.

Would you like the (padded) room with the view of the lake with the Summer camp that's full of teen counsellors, the same Summer camp where all those previous teens died under mysterious circumstances?

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #51 on: 12 Feb 2018, 19:04 »

Hey, according to Freud I'm perfectly sane, apparently. Perhaps even some sort of very stable genius.

SpanielBear

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #52 on: 12 Feb 2018, 19:12 »

Hey, according to Freud I'm perfectly sane, apparently. Perhaps even some sort of very stable genius.

Actually, you are exactly right. By a very literal understanding of Freud, as long as you are neither neurotic nor psychotic, being a completely sane psychopath is not a contradiction in terms.

You were just making a joke weren't you? No one was actually interested at all in turn-of-the-last-century Viennese psychological practices were they?

Dammit, I'll get my coat...

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #53 on: 12 Feb 2018, 20:30 »

Freud's definition of mental health was the ability to love and to work. She clears that bar.

Freud also thought Cocaine was pretty great. I like to imagine our understanding of health and well being has expanded a bit since then.

Are you disagreeing with IICIH's comment, or just slipping in an anecdote?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #54 on: 12 Feb 2018, 20:35 »

Freud also thought Cocaine was pretty great. I like to imagine our understanding of health and well being has expanded a bit since then.

Are you disagreeing with IICIH's comment, or just slipping in an anecdote?

Are those my only choices?

Because I'm pretty sure that I was pointing out that Freud wasn't the last word in health an wellness.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #55 on: 12 Feb 2018, 20:37 »

Ya know, considering that Freud's theories have long since been discredited and ridiculed, its pretty obvious that any reference to him is pretty much a joke.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #56 on: 12 Feb 2018, 20:44 »

Because I'm pretty sure that I was pointing out that Freud wasn't the last word in health an wellness.

Yes, I know. That is well known.

I was wondering whether you agreed or disagreed with what IICIH said.

And no, I don't agree that absolutely any reference to him is a joke.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

SmilingCat

• You is friend or food?
« Reply #57 on: 12 Feb 2018, 20:48 »

Yes, I know. That is well known.

I was wondering whether you agreed or disagreed with what IICIH said.

And no, I don't agree that absolutely any reference to him is a joke.

Do I agree that Freud said it? Sure. Do I agree it's accurate? Well... for several years I was able to love, able to work, and borderline suicidal, so not really.

Also does "able to work" include physically able? Because I'm doing a lot better emotionally, but physically I'm disabled.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #58 on: 12 Feb 2018, 20:54 »

Do I agree it's accurate? Well... for several years I was able to love, able to work, and borderline suicidal, so not really.

Also does "able to work" include physically able? Because I'm doing a lot better emotionally, but physically I'm disabled.

Thank you, that's all I was wanting to know. Fair comment and more persuasive than your ad hominem response.

yaksaregreat

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #59 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:04 »

Oof, looks likr Marigold was a little jealous for a second therein the latest strip... hope that doesn't escalate to too much... Emily would never flirt with a taken man on purpose! Too innocent!

zisraelsen

• Curry sauce
« Reply #60 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:08 »

Yep, I'm smelling some jealousy too. Considering Marigold's track record with jealously regarding May moving in, it'll probably get worse before she mentions it to Dale.
Zack is easier to type than Zisraelsen, so

SmilingCat

• You is friend or food?
« Reply #61 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:12 »

Oof, looks likr Marigold was a little jealous for a second therein the latest strip... hope that doesn't escalate to too much... Emily would never flirt with a taken man on purpose! Too innocent!

I'm hoping it died as soon as Emily power-hugged her.

Thank you, that's all I was wanting to know. Fair comment and more persuasive than your ad hominem response.

Ad hominem, huh? This is how it's going to be? 

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #62 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:20 »

Went for cassette, as that was what I really grew up with. My dad had some decent vinyls though.

I wonder if Emily is actually the nexus of a conduit for paralell universes. Her dreams are of realities that never came to be.

We had cassettes and vinyls because old vinyls were sort of cheap back in the mid 80s
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #63 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:27 »

What? No wax cylinders??   :lol:

You know what? I think Emily knows exactly how cyberdiscs work - I think she had something to do with the actual R&D - and something weird started happening when they tested the prototype and a secret government organization shut down the research and neuralyzed the researchers when the cracks in reality started appearing...   :wink:
Looks like clockworks got skippedover in general.
Also, 8track is also missing.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #64 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:30 »

I'm hoping it died as soon as Emily power-hugged her.

Ad hominem, huh? This is how it's going to be?

Okay, speak to me. What's the problem? If I've offended you, tell me. I genuinely wanted to understand your opinion. I have no beef with you and meant nothing more by that expression than its literal meaning.

Gyrre

« Reply #65 on: 12 Feb 2018, 21:39 »

They were not going to arrive at a verdict that might interfere with killing him.

I wonder whether he was capable of love. Probably, under a special, restricted set of circumstances.

Might I suggest taking a gander at Eichman in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt, and written as a report for The New Yorker. BTW, Arendt was a Jew who fled Germany during Hitler's rise to power.
a real-ass gaddam sword

SmilingCat

• You is friend or food?
« Reply #66 on: 12 Feb 2018, 22:01 »

Okay, speak to me. What's the problem? If I've offended you, tell me. I genuinely wanted to understand your opinion. I have no beef with you and meant nothing more by that expression than its literal meaning.

The literal meaning being my original statement was nothing but an attack on Freud?

Honestly, I was trying to decipher what upset you. My statement about Freud and Cocaine was pointing out that science and medicine marches on from a time when we had simplistic views of mental health and cocaine was sold over the counter as a wonder drug. Entirely relevant, considering the comment I was responding to was about what Freud would think. I didn't know why you apparently felt the need to take it personally on Freud's behalf.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #67 on: 12 Feb 2018, 22:26 »

I don't have time to explain my comment in full, except to assure you that I was not, and am still not, the slightest bit upset.

Your first comment was directed towards Freud. The second one was directed towards the statement specifically. I found the second more persuasive. That is all I meant to say.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #68 on: 12 Feb 2018, 22:38 »

We could have a fascinating thread about definitions of mental health.

Emily is functional and safe to those around her. She has deficits in her contact with reality. She is by her own assessment weird, but we must avoid pathologizing weirdness.

I think it's perfectly all right to point out that Freud would not be adequate grounds for an argument from authority. It's just I've never seen a pithier definition of sanity.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

WoaLG

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #69 on: 12 Feb 2018, 22:45 »

Emily is a Cloudcuckoolander.

It's best to just accept it. Trying to psychoanalyze a Cloudcuckoolander is bad for most people's mental health.

hakko504

• Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #70 on: 12 Feb 2018, 23:04 »

I am a fan of CDs and still buy them, but I have a cd player in the car and I almost never use it. I could count on one hand the number of times I've stuck a CD in there, and I've had the car for about fifteen years.
We have two cars, one larger that we use (among other things) for family trips. The CD player in that car is almost unused as the SD card reader is so much more versatile. The only time there's a CD in there if we buy something when we're not near a computer to move it to the SD card. The other, smaller (and older) car, which is almost 100% used for driving to work and back, on the other hand have a CD player that is used quite often - as soon as the radio doesn't have anything useful on, then I switch to the CD.

As for laptops, I'll remove the BluRay player in my laptop as soon as UHDBluRay discs become available for download in full quality. Which may happen sometime soon after hell freezes over. It also means I can't change laptop as new laptops either have DVDplayer (why? Why hasn't BluRay players eradicated DVD players from the face of the earth?) or is insanely expensive.
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #71 on: 12 Feb 2018, 23:05 »

I think that today's comic in many ways serves as a perfect character summary of both Marigold and Emily.

Marigold is pretty much a walking neurosis. She's constantly convinced that she's second best and that she'll inevitably lose her friends and loved ones the minute a better offer comes along. That's the reason for her reaction to Dale and Emily laughing together; a part of her genuinely expects Dale to leave her eventually and every time she sees Dale being friendly to a woman she wonders is this is the moment when it happens.

Meanwhile, Emily is all joy, enthusiasm and friendship. She sees Marigold and it's as if she hasn't seen her for a long time because having her friends arrive back in her life, even if they've only been absent for a few hours, really is a cause for the most profound and genuine happiness for her. Naturally, she's spontaneously decided to get gifts (and the likely nature of those is enough to make the mind boggle) just because she's a friend and Emily likes doing nice things for friends. That's Emily Azuma - She literally doesn't have a single bad part of her psyche; she's incapable of malice!

Now, looking at panel 5, doesn't it look like Marigold may be pregnant?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #72 on: 13 Feb 2018, 00:39 »

I notice nobody has yet commented on the part of 3676 that amused me most: Emily saying "Dang it, did I dream up another nonexistant media format?" Hmm, "another"? Is this something you do on a regular basis, Emily?  :psyduck:

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #73 on: 13 Feb 2018, 01:50 »

That's largely due to smartphones. Why have a radio in the car when someone is going to connect their phone to their car, after all its got Youtube, the owner's own music and of course a radio if needs be.

So many reasons...

- There are many places in the US where mobile phone coverage isn't good enough to provide good streaming audio.
- OTA radio is not subject to data caps.
- Terrestrial radio pays lower royalties than online "stations", so the former are more viable as business entities.
- I have Sirius XM in the car. But NPR's premium  newscasts (ME and ATC) aren't on Sirius XM.
- OTA stations are located in specific places and have social and financial connections to those places. If they havent been taken over by iHeart they may have a local "lean" on their playlist that might let me hear something I wouldn't otherwise. Internet streaming "stations" don't do that.
- Many local stations do have online feeds. But just try finding one when you're in a strange city. There is no consistency or pattern to their URLs and I can't find an app that gives me a "scan up" button for searching for streams of local stations for wherever I happen to be. With the car radio I have a steering wheel button to do that. (And there is an "NPR station finder" app on my phone... it doesn't link me to their feeds, though!)

Not to mention that my car radio actually listens on other stations as well, and switches over when there's traffic announcements.

But then, national radio stations in Belgium will be forced out of analog FM by 2023, supposedly to give more room to local stations. How that computes with the recent cut in local stations' permits, the minister of media neglects to say.

But, going by Emily's definition of a long time in today's strip, that's an eternity away.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #74 on: 13 Feb 2018, 02:24 »

Actually, I'm surprised Marigold was out of the limelight for so long...
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #75 on: 13 Feb 2018, 02:35 »

On his Twitter feed, Jeph said that he just hadn't had any good story ideas for her for a long time before he wrote this one.
~~~~

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #76 on: 13 Feb 2018, 02:47 »

It wasn't really stone tablets.   My parents had a Philco 78 rpm phonograph, steel needle and all, and a bunch of pre-vinyl shelack records.  The things were brittle as hell and would shatter with scarcely any provocation.  The first LP machine in the house was a Webcor portable with a two-sided stylus,  steel for 78s and diamond for vinyl 33s, 45s, and 16s (never have seen a 16 in the flesh to this day).

Yep,
We had an old 78 player and a nice pile of discs too which my parents 'inherited' from my grandparents.
I used to play the hell out of those old discs!
Here's one my folks had.  (If that fellow's voice sounds familiar, it's Mel "Bug Bunny and a bunch of others" Blanc.)

The collection wasn't just goofy stuff, either.  I remember a bunch of Strauss Waltzes and other classical stuff, too.  (Did they have green labels?  That was a long time ago, and they were old then.)

There are actually some groovy resources out there, including this HUGE 78 Download Archive list.
Fun to trawl through if you find yourself at a loose end... :)

Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #77 on: 13 Feb 2018, 02:49 »

We still have a shelf full of VHS videos at home, and a VHS player that still works.
I was also a big fan of minidisc in its time.

I was quite shocked yesterday to discover that the 2018 Nissan LEAF doesn't have a CD player at all. For all I know, no new cars have CD players any more. And I have hundreds of CDs...

My current car is a '99, and it'll probably be a *long* time before I have to worry about owning a car without a CD player. However, my brother's laptop has no disc drive and it drives him insane (& would me, too!).

My car is a 2017, it has a cd player.
But also has Bluetooth and usb connections
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

ckridge

• Furry furrier
« Reply #78 on: 13 Feb 2018, 06:37 »

Yesterdwhat!

Emily is fine, dammit. It is perfectly possible for people to be happy and silly for no apparent reason without being in a manic phase. She isn't going to disappear and have to be searched out, sat with, and told jokes. Everything is good. Stop worrying.

heyjames4

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #79 on: 13 Feb 2018, 06:52 »

Have Marigold and Emily spent much time on-screen together before?

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #80 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:15 »

Yay, Marigold returns!

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #81 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:31 »

Besides the list missing 8-track there was those min-CDs, not mini disk but just a small form factor CD that would more times than not get jammed up or just not play in most "made for the American market" players. The carried singles from various artists though some marketing genius though it would be cool for software distribution.
I also have kicking around both an audio tape and a video tape player, no cassettes, just spools of reel to reel tape with video data instead of audio.
Then there is the weird stuff  :-D
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #82 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:34 »

The mini-CDs were created and patented by Sony, IIRC. They were originally designed as a music-storage medium but the only significant application that I ever saw in the UK was as the main read-only medium for the PlayStation Portable games console.
~~~~

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #83 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:50 »

Emily is functional and safe to those around her. She has deficits in her contact with reality. She is by her own assessment weird, but we must avoid pathologizing weirdness.

Yes, please!
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2018, 07:24 by Case »
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #84 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:56 »

Mini-CDs have been fairly commonly used by Chinese (especially) companies for the drivers supplied with video cards, webcams, and the like; They could make the boxes smaller than the 5 inches enforced by a normal CD.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #85 on: 13 Feb 2018, 11:00 »

Glad to see Marigold back and hope we’re not getting a storyline where her insecurities wreck her relationship with Dale.  With Angus and now Hannelore gone Momo is the only one who can reign in those problems.

OldGoat

• Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #86 on: 13 Feb 2018, 11:15 »

"For four heavy hits, play PlayTape."  They were the Thing to Have 1966 and '67, then they vanished. 

Note the price tags on the batteries in the video.  Pay 'n Save was a Pacific Northwest chain headquartered in Seattle.  I suspect this particular specimen was refurbished.  That or the retailer decided to supply batteries.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2018, 12:53 by pwhodges »

TheEvilDog

« Reply #87 on: 13 Feb 2018, 11:15 »

Glad to see Marigold back and hope we’re not getting a storyline where her insecurities wreck her relationship with Dale.  With Angus and now Hannelore gone Momo is the only one who can reign in those problems.

It could be a story to raise the idea that Marigold doesn't have a lot of friends.
Angus left.
Hanners has gone.
Momo has a life of her own and a job of her own.
Dale is probably one of the remaining key fixtures in her life and this could be an arc about Marigold's exploration of her relationship with Dale.

Or it could be Emily and Marigold becoming friends, with both of them coming from similar friendless backgrounds.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #88 on: 13 Feb 2018, 11:41 »

I dunno.  Emily's cloudcuckooland seems like mostly a happy place.

And I have no experience with nonexistent media formats, but someone in my family used to listen to a radio station nobody else could hear.  He would tune the dial to 103.2 - every time, exactly.  He claimed it was all jazz, all the time.  Local screeching-nut talk radio and country-western stations made me wish I could hear it too.

Not that I have anything against country-western, it just isn't my favorite.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #89 on: 13 Feb 2018, 11:44 »

Stop worrying.

What, let one of my most prominent talents atrophy? :-)
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ckridge

• Furry furrier
« Reply #90 on: 13 Feb 2018, 12:40 »

The title is "Compromising Positions," which does suggest the possibility of jealousy. It is hard to believe that Emily's behavior wouldn't have dispelled it, though. I suppose Marigold could still be suspicious of Dale.

"Dale, that suave womanizer, is seducing poor innocent Emily. How could she resist him? How could he not prefer her childlike airs and graces to Marigold's squat glumness?"

Yeah, Marigold could definitely go that route. Let us hope she has a lick of sense.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #91 on: 13 Feb 2018, 12:54 »

Yeah, Marigold could definitely go that route. Let us hope she has a lick of sense.

I think we all know that she does not.

Seriously, for a deeply neurotic person anxiety often drowns out common sense. Marigold may very well know in her head that Dale isn’t cheating on her with Emily, but that churning feeling in her gut won’t be dismissed so easily.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #92 on: 13 Feb 2018, 13:14 »

Isn't this Marigold's first relationship? This will be foreign territory, and thus potentially a learning experience. :)

Jeemy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #93 on: 13 Feb 2018, 13:16 »

Well, there were two types of MiniCD; the ones that ran in the PSP inside the Sony custom cartridge, and the ones that were approx 2.5" and used for drivers which technically ran in any CD player but in general, wrecked irrepairably, any type of CD player - once they went in, they never came out.

As an aside to storage media, I ran a recording studio for over 20 years. The most interesting thing I realized in the whole time was that our assumptions as to what is "safe" storage are inevitably flawed:

- all music was originally stored on magnetic reel-to-reel tape, lets say
- after 20-40+ years, it transpired the tape stuck to itself, demagnetised, decomposed, it wasn't valid
- everything was transferred to DAT tape.....but nobody supported it and you literally couldn't buy players - but A-DAT was valid
- except A-DAT was dropped fairly shortly afterwards
- we were all stunned by what you could fit onto CD, then DVD5, then DVD9
- then we discovered that 2-5 years later the discs would not read
- but we had hard disc now, so everything was OK!
- except we've all had a hard disc failure. So just RAID it, or get two - put one offline.
- then your offline gets flooded, burnt in the sun, dusty, or mouldy
- so now, we are in a unique position. With 40-60Gb of high quality audio for a 24-track audio master, where do we store it?
- what, in fact do we know?

There is still no long-term solution for this! Hard disc hasn't been round long enough to prove itself against 2-4" tape. Long-term storage is actually not something we have any solution to - save to keep moving the media from place to place - but thats impossible if you wish to keep your audio in the analogue realm....

ckridge

• Furry furrier
« Reply #94 on: 13 Feb 2018, 13:17 »

If Jeph tortures Marigold immediately after torturing Bubbles, all the while proclaiming how much he loves them, I think we are going to have to drop a dime on him. Is there a Bureau of Character Welfare?

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #95 on: 13 Feb 2018, 13:23 »

There was, but it was defunded in the budget crisis following Doratengate.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #96 on: 13 Feb 2018, 15:26 »

There is still no long-term solution for this! Hard disc hasn't been round long enough to prove itself against 2-4" tape. Long-term storage is actually not something we have any solution to - save to keep moving the media from place to place - but thats impossible if you wish to keep your audio in the analogue realm....

The company whose disk technology you want is a tiny little outfit named Norsam.  They record analog documents, as analog documents, on disc.  If you render your audio optically - the way laserdiscs recorded analog audio optically for example - you can record it as a spiral trace on a Norsam disc.

The discs are nickel-and-ceramic, and the digital format at highest density - 65 Gbytes - are expected to last, as best anybody can extrapolate from testing, at least 400 years.  If you are willing to write at lower density, you can achieve expected stability times of a thousand years or so with 2-3 Gbytes per disc. They are strictly write-once, and the writers are horrifyingly expensive.   At the lower data densities you can read them directly with a microscope - no laser light required.

Los Alamos, testing them on analog text documents for military applications, did things like putting the disks into air heated to 300 degrees Celsius (temperature of a house fire) for 65 hours, or in seawater for 14 weeks, and discovering that they were still perfectly readable afterward.

Norsam's main businesses are jewelry - micro-etched surfaces for a bewildering variety of optical effects - and analog document storage - Where they etch texts directly onto disks so readers can read it directly as graphics with high-powered microscopes (sort of a modern replacement for microfiche).  The HD-ROM stuff for digital storage is something they consider a minor sideline.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2018, 15:36 by Morituri »

LilBlueSky

• Not quite a lurker
    • Livin With Boyz
« Reply #97 on: 13 Feb 2018, 17:36 »

Now, looking at panel 5, doesn't it look like Marigold may be pregnant?

I thought so too and I even showed my husband (who only follows the comic because I show it to him every day whenever I read it lol)... Even HE thought she liked
Ling: You don’t have athlete’s foot, do you
Edward: MY FOOT IS MADE OF METAL, YOU IDIOT!

NemesisDancer

• Larger than most fish
  • :3
« Reply #98 on: 13 Feb 2018, 18:12 »

Cute detail I noticed: in the fourth frame Emily's hair appears to perk up slightly at her excitement at seeing Marigold xD

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #99 on: 13 Feb 2018, 18:33 »

I note that Marigold is wearing a hoodie devoid of nerdisms.
Also her acne is nearly gone.

Is she (ulp) maturing?
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up