THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elliot, Clinton, Brun, soft reboot? :P  (Read 3749 times)

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
Elliot, Clinton, Brun, soft reboot? :P
« on: 31 Mar 2018, 14:46 »

(please do not take this as a statement of absolute belief, just me being whimsical)

We have the attractive girl whose house burned down.

We have the boy who's being as supportive as he can but is also into her and doesn't want to push her emotional boundaries.

We have the bisexual one who's a friend to both of them and a romantic rival.

All we need is a Steve and Pintsize for Clinton and the reboot would be complete.  :-D

Milayna

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Re: Elliot, Clinton, Brun, soft reboot? :P
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2018, 14:54 »

A Glasspane OS update interacts strangely with his hand's semiautonomous VI, turning it into a true AI, with an unsurprising penchant for masturbation jokes.

His mom's boyfriend, Chad, turns out to be more than just a meathead (hurr hurr) and they start hanging out. It's a little weird at first but soon it's like he was there all along.

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2018, 18:51 »

Even though they're related rather than just good friends, I think Claire is kind of a "Steve" to Clinton's "Marten". That's just my first instinct. Maybe after going back and re-reading the entire archive (which I do about once a week), I might change my mind.

Then again, Claire also tends to antagonize Clinton in some of the same ways as Pintsize does Marten. But she doesn't have Pintsize's penchant for unrestrained mayhem.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2018, 08:47 »

Even though they're related rather than just good friends, I think Claire is kind of a "Steve" to Clinton's "Marten". That's just my first instinct. Maybe after going back and re-reading the entire archive (which I do about once a week), I might change my mind.

Then again, Claire also tends to antagonize Clinton in some of the same ways as Pintsize does Marten. But she doesn't have Pintsize's penchant for unrestrained mayhem.

Apart from the mayhem, Claire is, IMO, closest to a pintsize for Clinton: often fighting/disagreeing, but in the end Claire is looking out for him and even trying to find him a partner, not unlike Pintsize's role for Marten. Also being a friend before they got their own friends, it seems (unclear whether Clinton had friends prior to his introduction to the current group).

As for a Steve to Clinton, I guess at this point that could be anyone? Steve had a somehwta minor role since starting the comic anyway, so perhaps Clinton had somebody in college (his roommate kinda?) who played that part and is now largely 'phased out'?

jesslc

• Furry furrier
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2018, 09:45 »

I have been thinking that in some ways Elliot is the new Marten. Mainly because Jeph keeps being mean to Elliot - and Jeph was mean to Marten a lot in the early strips. Although Elliot hasn't been barfed on and hit in the junk by his crush... (yet).
Pages: [1]   Go Up