THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Easter :o  (Read 6277 times)

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
Happy Easter :o
« on: 30 Mar 2018, 06:03 »

Hope y'all have a nice long weekend. We're currently at my in-laws' cabin relaxing, listening to golden oldies and waiting for a spectacular dinner. I'm catching up on some reading. It's warm and sunny but the snow hasn't melted away, v. lovely :) being a fool, I didn't bother to take the whole weekend off, so I'll be on call during the day on Sunday instead of getting a four-day weekend. Fortunately, because it's Easter you get twice as much comp time so I'll be able to take several days off later. Worth it, all in all.

Food-wise, Easter is pretty great. It's a welcome departure from the typical Swedish hams and herring and gravlax etc. Instead you get smoked and poached salmon, smoked and grilled lamb, Janssons frestelse (one of my favorite dishes) and ridiculous amounts of eggs.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
Re: Happy Easter :o
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2018, 15:47 »

My partner got me an Easter egg which I really appreciated. Not sure when I'm going to eat it but that'll be the main Easter treat I'm having.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2018, 16:56 »

I got roped into going to see family, which means dealing with a Drumpf-voting grandfather, and a sister I don't get on with.  I expect that I'll be spending most of the time there with my face buried in my computer.  I'd honestly rather be alone, but I don't want to be a jerk to people, even if I'd never speak to them otherwise.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2018, 21:14 »

I got roped into going to see family, which means dealing with a Drumpf-voting grandfather, and a sister I don't get on with.  I expect that I'll be spending most of the time there with my face buried in my computer.  I'd honestly rather be alone, but I don't want to be a jerk to people, even if I'd never speak to them otherwise.
I give you a lot of credit for making the effort. I know a guy who hasn't said two words to his brother in over 30 years. When their mother died, his brother still wouldn't speak to him. It was his brother's wife who called him to give him the news. And I have an uncle who hasn't spoken to his daughter in probably 40 years, and has now stopped talking to any of us. He didn't even come to his own brother's funeral, and they had been close up until maybe a year ago. I can't imagine cutting myself off entirely from my family like that, no matter how irritating they may be sometimes.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2018, 11:30 »

Happy Easter, everyone!

I just spent the afternoon with my goddaughter. I would have visited my grandmother, but she made it clear we're not wanted.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2018, 12:36 »

Happy Easter indeed! It has barely begun and the supermarket has already put up all the easter candy for 50 cents apiece. Chocolate eggs, lemon meringues, eggnog cookies, ALL OF IT. Omnomnomnomnom
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2018, 15:02 »

Happy Easter everybody!

I have no  Easter-nom stories to share yet. Probably tomorrow, if Mom sticks to her routine.
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Chmmr

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2018, 16:19 »

Happy Easter all.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #8 on: 06 Apr 2018, 13:38 »

I give you a lot of credit for making the effort. I know a guy who hasn't said two words to his brother in over 30 years. When their mother died, his brother still wouldn't speak to him. It was his brother's wife who called him to give him the news. And I have an uncle who hasn't spoken to his daughter in probably 40 years, and has now stopped talking to any of us. He didn't even come to his own brother's funeral, and they had been close up until maybe a year ago. I can't imagine cutting myself off entirely from my family like that, no matter how irritating they may be sometimes.

Thanks.  It was a bit more trying than anticipated since my laptop chose that moment to freeze mid-install then refuse to boot, and there were small children underfoot.  It's probably a good thing that there wasn't any booze around, since that's not the healthiest coping mechanism.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut
Pages: [1]   Go Up