THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 15:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interdimensional music  (Read 5516 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Interdimensional music
« on: 30 Mar 2018, 21:56 »

I recently found a podcast run by a few youtubers that I like from other podcasts (Jesse Cox, Mathas, and Alex Faciane).  This podcast is about paranormal stuff that they discuss and try to debunk (Amityville Horror, Skin-walkers, Hollow Moon, etc).  They recently did an episode involving interdimensional travel to a parallel universe and someone brought back music from that dimension.

It seems pretty far fetched until you hear the music, which gave me chills.  I thought it would be fun to share this, whether you believe the story or not, its just a fun ride and I wanted to share this experience with all of you.

My thoughts
(click to show/hide)
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: Interdimensional music
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2018, 11:50 »

This is kind of a hoot. 

On one level?  It's easily possible to make a bunch of recordings of songs that never happened by artists who did.  I never thought of it before, but I absolutely know how to do it.  With a few months to set up, I could start putting out never-released Elvis Presley albums, with the actual voice on the tape (or CD) indistinguishable from genuine Elvis at whatever stage of his career this fake album was supposed to be from.  Or albums the Doors never released, or whatever...  This is totally possible, and would be a hoot!  I could build an entire album collection of cross-dimensional music!

The kicker?  Absolutely couldn't have done it in 1990.  Not enough compute power in the world at that time.

Well.  Not enough in OUR world..... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up