THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 06:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: so when and whos going to be the first character in a ai/human romance ?  (Read 15611 times)

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC

The humans are the unchanging machines in QC world.
Humans are unchanging machines in the real world as well. Oh, sure, there have been advances around us that may make us seem different - the industrial revolution, computers, space travel, etc. - but humans themselves are still just as human as they were a thousand years ago. And if we're not actively involved in those changes around us, it's terribly hard for us to keep up.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier

Humans are unchanging machines in the real world as well. Oh, sure, there have been advances around us that may make us seem different - the industrial revolution, computers, space travel, etc. - but humans themselves are still just as human as they were a thousand years ago. And if we're not actively involved in those changes around us, it's terribly hard for us to keep up.

I was making a joke that they don't age.

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC

I was making a joke that they don't age.
Ah... Forgive me.

Of course, only a few years have passed in-universe, so there's not a lot of aging for them to have done. With the exception of Amir, and the various parents, everyone is still under 30. I do find it interesting that Faye seems to look even younger now than when the fight club closed up. Clinton, on the other hand, looks more mature. I believe that is related to their circumstances. Faye, it seems, is meant to look more vulnerable, so the badass tough bitch that worked at the fight club had to soften up. And Clinton... well, he actually has matured considerably in the course of his recent events. Both Emily's and Dora's hair is growing, so there's definitely some time passing.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Did AprilArcus's timeline end up in the wiki?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

Did AprilArcus's timeline end up in the wiki?

AFAIK, yes, it did. I seem to remember seeing at least a part of it there.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Dandi Andi

• FIGHT YOU
  • They/them she/her. Formerly Pecoros7. Still tired.

I think that a relationship between Faye and Bubbles is the only organic / AI relationship that has been suggested by the text. Momo was certainly attracted to Sven and Roko had a momentary fantasy about Clinton, but these were never depicted as anything other than a passing thought. As such I think it's pretty unavoidable so the first organic / AI romance is going to be.

O'Malley and Bembo.

fantasticalice

• Plantmonster

FWIW, most theoretical xenobiologists acknowledge that life does not have to be based on hydrocarbon protein biology to be 'alive'. It's just that it would be much harder for us to recognise a silicon-based life-form as anything except a rock unless it moved and greeted us.

"Help I'm A Rock!" And lo did the Frank Zappa fans rejoice. ....

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.

I still think Mr. Bartholomew Punchbot, PCA is married to a bigshot human academic.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker

FWIW, most theoretical xenobiologists acknowledge that life does not have to be based on hydrocarbon protein biology to be 'alive'. It's just that it would be much harder for us to recognise a silicon-based life-form as anything except a rock unless it moved and greeted us.

"Help I'm A Rock!" And lo did the Frank Zappa fans rejoice. ....

“No
Kill
I.”
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up