THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Claire, Mrs. Augustus, and Heather Hudson.  (Read 2535 times)

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
Claire, Mrs. Augustus, and Heather Hudson.
« on: 14 May 2018, 20:37 »

I'm in the process of getting rid of some old books and comics.  The other night I was thumbing through some Uncanny X Men issues, one of which includes the first appearance of the character Heather Hudson.  One thing I noticed is how much she looked like Claire in those days, being a redhead with long hair and glasses.  Then the thought came to mind is that she could be Claire's mom.  Things got even more amusing when I found out that Heather Hudson and her husband had a little girl named Claire long after I stopped paying attention to the characters.   I'm sure this is all coincidence, but I did find it interesting. 

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
Re: Claire, Mrs. Augustus, and Heather Hudson.
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2018, 22:46 »

It's interesting to note that Heather possesses "subtle charisma". Sort of reminds me of Mrs. A's assessment of Marten.

However, from what I can see in that bio, Heather and her husband never had any children. On the other hand, her mother's name was Claire.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2018, 19:21 »

I'm in the process of getting rid of some old books and comics.  The other night I was thumbing through some Uncanny X Men issues, one of which includes the first appearance of the character Heather Hudson.  One thing I noticed is how much she looked like Claire in those days, being a redhead with long hair and glasses.  Then the thought came to mind is that she could be Claire's mom.  Things got even more amusing when I found out that Heather Hudson and her husband had a little girl named Claire long after I stopped paying attention to the characters.   I'm sure this is all coincidence, but I did find it interesting.

But Claire didn't transition until college (and I'm guessing that includes the social transition)  so stories with a little girl already named Claire don't make a lot of sense. The coincidence is interesting though.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2018, 13:43 »

But Claire didn't transition until college (and I'm guessing that includes the social transition)  so stories with a little girl already named Claire don't make a lot of sense. The coincidence is interesting though.

Well, we could imagine that the Heather Hudson in our universe simply had somewhat different circumstances than the one in the QC universe. Ours had a daughter named Claire, theirs had a son who eventually became a daughter named Claire...

But that would be taking an interesting coincidence far more seriously than it deserves, IMHO.  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up