THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Bubbles' sexual orientation?  (Read 48899 times)

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
Re: What is Bubbles' sexual orientation?
« Reply #250 on: 23 May 2018, 14:22 »

IIRC when we first met Clinton he was just barely 21, other than Sam the youngest human in the cast.  It's been a couple years in the story line and he's done some growing up.  (Sam seems to have stayed in her early teens.  I think Jeph and Jim must be gathering their strength to deal with her as the mid-teen years hit.  Here she'd be the tomboy who wears Carharts, raises hogs in 4-H, and ends up with a full scholarship to veterinary school at the State University, but I don't know if it works that way in New England.  I guess I could see her ending up with an early PhD in marine biology, too.)

Greymoon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #251 on: 23 May 2018, 14:42 »

IIRC when we first met Clinton he was just barely 21, other than Sam the youngest human in the cast.  It's been a couple years in the story line and he's done some growing up.  (Sam seems to have stayed in her early teens.  I think Jeph and Jim must be gathering their strength to deal with her as the mid-teen years hit.  Here she'd be the tomboy who wears Carharts, raises hogs in 4-H, and ends up with a full scholarship to veterinary school at the State University, but I don't know if it works that way in New England.  I guess I could see her ending up with an early PhD in marine biology, too.)

Well to be fair he has already hinted at Sam starting to turn that proverbial teenage corner, what with her reaction to boys going mostly from "EWWWWWW" to "wellllll", as shown in her little chit-chat with Momo. I think the last time we got an actual number on her age she said she was 14 and a fair amount of time has passed since then.
DO NOT TAINT PEGASUS COVE WITH TALK OF DILDOS

Dandi Andi

• FIGHT YOU
  • They/them she/her. Formerly Pecoros7. Still tired.
« Reply #252 on: 23 May 2018, 15:53 »

I am starting to feel a bit silly for having started this topic.

You shouldn't ever feel silly for starting a conversation*. Conversations are good. We expose ourselves to all sorts of ideas that we may not have expected from the original impetus for that conversation. And if we do it right, we integrate those new ideas into how we see the world.

*Unless that conversation is asking if the ocean is the ocean. That would be silly.  :-D

sniktchtherat

• Plantmonster
« Reply #253 on: 23 May 2018, 15:55 »

I am starting to feel a bit silly for having started this topic.

You shouldn't ever feel silly for starting a conversation*. Conversations are good. We expose ourselves to all sorts of ideas that we may not have expected from the original impetus for that conversation. And if we do it right, we integrate those new ideas into how we see the world.

*Unless that conversation is asking if the ocean is the ocean. That would be silly.  :-D

The only stupid question is the unasked one.

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #254 on: 23 May 2018, 17:16 »

What is Bubbles' gender? Please help, it's unclear from the comics...  :laugh:
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

sniktchtherat

• Plantmonster
« Reply #255 on: 23 May 2018, 17:21 »

Not a stupid question.  Just a very broad hint to take the asker to an optometrist  :-P

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #256 on: 23 May 2018, 19:27 »

Not a stupid question.  Just a very broad hint to take the asker to an optometrist  :-P
You win the thread.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

Staff_Inflection

• Plantmonster
« Reply #257 on: 23 May 2018, 20:02 »

Given Bubbles' distinct personality, I would assume this would have happened with anyone who did what Faye did.

If it had been Steve or Elliot or literally anyone else, it likely would have played out the same way
Should I assume that by “did what Faye did”, you mean patiently but persistently getting Bubbles to come out of her shell?

Yeah. That was short hand way of delving into like this 3-year long character arc for Bubbles and approximately year long build up (our time) of their relationship

But...Bubbles thinks Faye is very hot (as evidenced by her conversation with Clinton). I haven't seen any indication that she thinks Elliot or Steve are hot.

I mean yes, there's an emotional aspect which is probably more important, but you can't deny that she's physically attracted to Faye too. Like Momo is to Sven. God. Sven would eat Momo alive. She is too sweet and innocent.

Looking back, it's amazing how far Clinton has come. He sees AIs as people now, I'm not sure he was there before. It took time for him to get there. He's someone who is obviously fine with Faye and Bubbles having a relationship, but he wasn't always so enlightened and understanding towards AIs.

Their clear and strong friendship most certainly came first. I'm basing this speculation on the conversation with Tai. To paraphrase, she didn't really have a meaningful existence prior to Faye. She was essentially an indentured servant for years. And there appears to be an not-insignificant time skip during Faye's time working for the robot fights

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #258 on: 23 May 2018, 22:06 »

It was a time skip that included some character change and development. Bubbles was still mostly locking Faye out before that, but when we saw her again Faye was asking her to come along for emotional support. That means that they developed a good friendship while we weren't looking.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
« Reply #259 on: 23 May 2018, 22:09 »

The only stupid question is the unasked one.
I've heard people ask some pretty stupid questions. Like a student asking the professor "will this be on the test?"
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #260 on: 23 May 2018, 23:00 »

Remember, there are no stupid questions.

Only stupid people.

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #261 on: 24 May 2018, 00:55 »

Remember, there are no stupid questions.

Only stupid people.
Quite agree.

There may however be irrelevant questions. "Why does birds fly?" for example would be extremely irrelevant to the current thread.
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #262 on: 24 May 2018, 05:16 »

I think Bubbles didn't notice any attraction to Faye because she was really locking Faye out. She really didn't like Faye much at first, and nobody could have imagined how things would end up. Faye was SO persistent, though, and unlike a lot of people, didn't act scared or weird around Bubbles. I think Bubbles was so used to people being intimidated by her, and Faye was just like "Nope, not afraid of you, not intimidated by you." "Bubs" really annoyed Bubbles for awhile. She was so used to being able to shut people out with a combination of her physical presence and her cold demeanor and Faye kind of got through all of her defenses. Even when Bubbles was literally in her face yelling at her, she was a little scared but didn’t back down.

There's no way that someone more shy or easily scared off than Faye could have gotten through to Bubbles. Faye had exactly the right personality. And the right amount of stubbornness and determination. I think Bubbles was like "wow, nobody has ever cared about me this much before."

I think then she was like "oh wait, my friend is kinda ...hot!" lol.

I've really enjoyed seeing how this all played out. And yeah, doesn't hurt that it went the way I wanted.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2018, 07:09 by fayelovesbubbles »
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #263 on: 26 May 2018, 18:41 »

Global Moderator Comment It turns out this thread is making some real-life people uncomfortable to the point where they don't want to visit. Since all the good points have already been made, I'm locking it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up