THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 19:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paradox Games  (Read 7726 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Paradox Games
« on: 08 Jan 2014, 12:07 »

So I took up playing Victoria 2 again and it looks like they have been updating and adding to it!  I thought it was too old a game for all that!  There are now international criseses the world powers can get involved in and world wars as well as a funny newspaper you get every now and then (one of which was hilarious! "Dead woman found tied to train tracks.  A long mustachio man is a person of interest.")   :-D

the game got more complicated but I am playing as Russia this time around and have participated in 2 world wars and left myself out of 3 more.  Just too many rebellions to commit to fighting anyone else (this is late Victorian era Russia we are talking about).  Half tempted to release those problem nations but I think I'll stick with it.  Maybe it was because I was playing as Russia (I cannot get my government liberal enough to free the serfs!) but I had to manually build railroads until halfway through the game when capitalists started investing in railroads.  One thing that is cool is seeing the build up of investors for factories and rail roads, and the government able to throw money in to help fund the projects.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2014, 20:27 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
Re: Victoria 2
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2014, 22:19 »

Victoria, you say? Never heard of it!

(click to show/hide)
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
Re: Victoria 2
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2014, 07:02 »

What do you think of the changes? Also thats a lot of new countries! :psyduck:  Must make the civil war harder!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
Re: Paradox Games
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2014, 20:27 »

wow, trying to play Europa Universalis 4 and the GUI is nothing like victoria 2 or any of the HoI games.  I may have to actually use the tutorial!

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2014, 05:36 »

I've been playing Paradox games since the original Europa Universalis, and yes, they do continually update their games, even some of the older ones. They've actually been criticized extensively for this ("Why can't they finish a game before they release it!") by people who don't understand that the changes are often driven by player requests - as people play the game, they ask for certain features to be added or tweaked to improve playability. The players love it.

Haven't played EU4 yet - still trying to play a game of CK2 to completion. :-D
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2014, 05:38 »

still trying to play a game of CK2 to completion. :-D
You and me both. I really suck at that game.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2014, 07:46 »

still trying to play a game of CK2 to completion. :-D
You and me both. I really suck at that game.

Me too.

That said, I think CK2 is one of the best games I've ever played.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2018, 07:00 »

Looks like Paradox has announced a new game! Imperator: Rome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up