THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 21:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying a Playstation 3  (Read 7887 times)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
Buying a Playstation 3
« on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:08 »

Hey you guys,
With my birthday coming up, I have a few dubloons to spare, and I want to use then to buy a PlayStation 3.

The problem I have with that is that I have no idea how the system works, or lets put it this way, how much space it requires, and if I can retrofit hard drives.
There's a PS3 on Amazon with 500GB and a game, and it costs ~300€. A 12GB version without a game costs 210€.

Which would you recommend?

TheEvilDog

Re: Buying a Playstation 3
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:26 »

Get the 500gb. Just the sheer amount of extra storage is worth the extra €90, nevermind the game.

The problem with the newer, smaller models is that you actually can't store too much on them. If I remember right, most games on the PSN can be somewhere between 512mb to 2gb, so that should tell you how many games can be stored on a ps3. That's not even installing the PS3 games. But many games tend to be installed and often take up around 1-2gb of memory.

As for the size of the consoles, I've had mine since January 2009 and its one of the solid blocks and the dimensions are about 13 inches by 11 inches by 3 inches. The newer models are slimmer and a little smaller.

Now, I don't know if you can retrofit a hard drive, there are others who might be able to tell you about that.

Mimecon

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2018, 07:41 »

hi man! unfortunately, I'm a bit late, haha. but it seems like, my post could be useful. I've bought recently ps4 and I'm totally satisfied with it! maybe you hadn't bought a ps3 as a birthday present, so you can purchase the ps4.
or the best way to get sony playstation 4 is to visit drakemall.com

TheEvilDog

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2018, 09:33 »

You're not a bit late, you're four years late. You're half a console generation late.

Also, damn for necroing a post that old.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2018, 09:48 »

I am unbelievably sad. I thought Masterpiece was back.

Mimecon, possibly check the dates of things before replying in future, please?
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up