THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yup. 'nuther Noob. Sorry.  (Read 6973 times)

Russ, jsps

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Yup. 'nuther Noob. Sorry.
« on: 18 May 2018, 16:59 »

Little did I know upon clicking a link from XKCD that my life was going to change as much as it has. Not from clicking the link, you understand - just coz it's life, y'know? It changes on you, no matter what you do. Dang thing.

I think I hit the link back when Marten and Faye were a possibility. (yeah, That Long!) It was easy to catch up on what had gone before - just a few hundred strips - and then came The Talk. I choked up. I thought - "Whoa! Hold up, there, son! You are crying over a comic strip, fer gawdsake!" Didn't matter, though. They were real people by then, and it tore me up.

I stayed away for a while after that. I had some stuff to assimilate in my own life. But, just like with that super-hot ex with a knife fetish (yeah, I see that smile - You know the one ;D), I just had to go back for a little bit more. Fortunately, unlike the ex, JJ had formed a reality that was .. I just spent 30 minutes with a thesaurus and the frikkin' interweb and still can't get the right words, and I've read through some of the other "Hi Im New" posts and on occasion the eloquence displayed makes me feel right now like a fumbling teenager (ok, late teenager ... oh, alright, twenty-something - but that's as far as I will go).

Suffice it to say, I check the page each morning I wake, each night I get home (RSS? Huh?) and this last story arc had me bouncing up and down so hard, I had to walk away from my laptop to let it load the screen. (To my recollection, the effects on the background of panel 1, #3745 were _exactly_mirrored_ in my "Russ reacts to QC" laptop camera feed (feed only available internally). O'cors by panel 3 I had an expression that was a dang-site(-sight? dunno, never typed that one before.. anyone? hints?) more Pintsizeian/Mayish (Having been a good NooB I have read the rules and followed the links, and will understand if the guidelines set down mark me by my honesty as a "creep" and get me banned. 'tis a shame but it was nice while it lasted. Thanks for the fish, et c)

So. Anyhoo. I'm Russ, and I'm a fanboy.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: Yup. 'nuther Noob. Sorry.
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2018, 02:37 »

Welcome to the party! Please enjoy some of these tortilla strips and harissa dip.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2018, 09:35 »

Beep and welcome!

We appreciate you reading the rules and guidelines. Some of those things come from the Long Long Ago when the forum was a different place and CreepTM behaviour was a main concern. Nowadays the community is a lot chiller and the mods are about if you need any guidance.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2018, 03:28 »

Welcome to the Asylum!

Abandon all hope ye who ekcetra ekcetra, only one cross to a person, mind the gap, and above all:

<whisper>Guard your lugwrench, mate ...</whisper>

"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Russ, jsps

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2018, 11:57 »

Cheers peeps! & thanks for the nibbles  :-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up