THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What will happen this week? (Select two options)

Cute Faybles pillow talk
- 30 (23.3%)
Awkward Faybles pillow talk
- 18 (14%)
The backlash starts - Not everyone is happy with the news
- 6 (4.7%)
Marten and Claire try to congratulate the new couple; this could go well or badly!
- 17 (13.2%)
Pintsize should have learned his lesson when Bubbles crushed his head!
- 6 (4.7%)
Tortura spends five strips berating Steve for not making an honest woman of Cossette (over cereal)
- 8 (6.2%)
Roko and Melon having an ironic conversation (not that they know it) about whether humans could ever be romantically interested in AIs
- 13 (10.1%)
Dora and Tai have a cute argument over who saw it coming first
- 5 (3.9%)
Brun is confused about why Elliott and Clinton are so awkward around her. Renee tries to explain
- 23 (17.8%)
Other (please specify in a comment)
- 3 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 3746 to 3750 (21st to 25th May 2018)  (Read 79930 times)

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building
Re: WCDT strips 3746 to 3750 (21st to 25th May 2018)
« Reply #400 on: 25 May 2018, 17:51 »

As someone with boobs, I think Jeph took a little artistic license when he drew Bubbles with her arms down covering her boobs. Sorry if this is tmi, but, uh, yeah, I actually tried it. Does not work. Does not cover boobs.
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #401 on: 25 May 2018, 18:10 »

Bubbles’ anatomy is similar to a human woman’s but not completely so it’s a license he wrote.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #402 on: 25 May 2018, 18:27 »

Okay, so I'm sure everyone wants an update, and really cares! I tried again and it sort of worked, but, eh. Yes, I know, Bubbles is an AI, but STILL, it can't be that different. My feeling is maybe if my chest was smaller. Wow. Sorry everyone, it must be tmi night.

I think Jeph wanted to cover them both but show some of Faye, forcing Bubbles to use her arms to cover up. If he had covered up Bubbles similarly to Faye it would have come up to Faye's neck.  :laugh: :-P

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #403 on: 25 May 2018, 18:49 »

Speaking of...anatomy discussion, how much is Bubbles bending down in my avatar to kiss Faye? She's like at least a foot taller than Faye. lol.

Undrneath

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #404 on: 25 May 2018, 18:54 »

Speaking of...anatomy discussion, how much is Bubbles bending down in my avatar to kiss Faye? She's like at least a foot taller than Faye. lol.

I prefer to think Faye spontaneously grew wings on her feet and was rising to meet Bubbles.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #405 on: 25 May 2018, 19:04 »

She’s bending her knees to take a few inches off her height. I’ve done that when kissing a short woman.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Greymoon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #406 on: 25 May 2018, 19:08 »

I figured it was Bubbles bending down, and Faye more or less standing on her tippytoes. I'm 5' 8" and I used to date a gal who was 4' 11". Bending down and tippytoes was pretty much always the thing to do. lol
DO NOT TAINT PEGASUS COVE WITH TALK OF DILDOS

Undrneath

« Reply #407 on: 25 May 2018, 19:09 »

In all seriousness I have an ex with the same height difference to me so I had to regularly stoop to kiss her. In the moment it seems perfectly normal.
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #408 on: 25 May 2018, 20:12 »

We know for certain that Bubbles's arms can move in ways out of the question for organics.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #409 on: 25 May 2018, 21:35 »

It's also possible that the human he lives with isn't very nice to him at all, which affects his perception of humans. Like giving him a neckbeard.

“It’s not a beard, it’s a heatsink!”

Except that, to be an effective dissipator of heat, it should be on top, not on the bottom.  More flattop than neckbeard. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #410 on: 25 May 2018, 23:06 »

As someone with boobs, I think Jeph took a little artistic license when he drew Bubbles with her arms down covering her boobs. Sorry if this is tmi, but, uh, yeah, I actually tried it. Does not work. Does not cover boobs.

Well, you can see parts of the boobs, you just can't see any nipples -- but does Bubbles HAVE any nipples? I would not be surprised if the manufacturer didn't bother with those.

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
« Reply #411 on: 26 May 2018, 00:01 »

Okay, so I'm sure everyone wants an update, and really cares! I tried again and it sort of worked, but, eh. Yes, I know, Bubbles is an AI, but STILL, it can't be that different. My feeling is maybe if my chest was smaller. Wow. Sorry everyone, it must be tmi night.

I think Jeph wanted to cover them both but show some of Faye, forcing Bubbles to use her arms to cover up. If he had covered up Bubbles similarly to Faye it would have come up to Faye's neck.  :laugh: :P
Bubbles doesn't really seem to have big boobs like Faye does, and her arms are slightly crossed maybe mid-forearm. So it seems reasonable to me, even if she were only as flexible as a normal human.

Well, you can see parts of the boobs, you just can't see any nipples -- but does Bubbles HAVE any nipples? I would not be surprised if the manufacturer didn't bother with those.
Maybe not.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #412 on: 26 May 2018, 03:30 »

Yeah, Bubbles is definitely, uh, not as "gifted" as Faye...or me! Haha! But not flat chested either.

She must have nipples, otherwise, why is she protecting her modesty with her arms? Huh? Huh?  :laugh:

I can see that she's bending down when she kisses Faye for the first time, but she's bending down more than you realize, obviously. Yep, the second kiss was definitely easier.  :wink:

On the topic of PTX, it doesn't seem like he has a good relationship with the human he calls his "owner." Not friend, not companion, but owner. His use of that word means he doesn't feel any sort of connection, and probably feels trapped. The fact that this person put a heat sink on him that he didn't want says a lot about them. They're treating him like an object rather than a sentient being. Plus, it looks like a neckbeard.

It would be interesting to see who this person is and how they treat PTX. Jeph hasn't really given us any details about that, or explored PTX's issues in depth.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2018, 04:20 by fayelovesbubbles »

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #413 on: 26 May 2018, 03:57 »

Er, mods, please don't kill me, I realize we are not to discuss private parts here. I am more or less kidding around.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #414 on: 26 May 2018, 05:07 »

fayelovesbubbles: Every time you make a hugely excited, thoughtful comment, then panic about it and make a follow up to the mods about it, I desperately want to hug you through the internet. You're a wonderful person to experience in these forums.
oh god

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #415 on: 26 May 2018, 05:11 »

Thanks!  :-D

Okay, I will speak freely. I just don't want to run afoul of the rules.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2018, 05:27 by fayelovesbubbles »

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #416 on: 26 May 2018, 05:38 »

It doesn't always show, but I am also emotionally invested in the Brun/Clinton storyline. I want them to get together so bad. That's been a huge tease, too. Not quite as badly as I wanted Faybles to happen, but yeah, it's frustrating. Wish they'd just get together already. Brun is the unknown quantity there, and her strange behavior makes it hard to see what she's feeling. She hasn't expressed attraction to anyone as far as I can see.

The "huh. you smell good" thing got me really excited that something would happen...only to be terribly let down! Clinton blushing when she did that was the absolute best.

Elliot...well...I think he's going to go on a journey of self discovery and learn how to choose the right people. And not blurt out awkward confessions of love to coworkers. Or take off his shirt for them. I do want him to be happy, but he has a lot of work to do on himself first. I cringe at typing this, because this is pretty much word for word what people have told me about myself. ugh!

Seeing how Clinton's mom acts when Brun visits...well, now we know where Claire gets it from!
« Last Edit: 26 May 2018, 06:25 by fayelovesbubbles »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #417 on: 26 May 2018, 07:33 »

Er, mods, please don't kill me, I realize we are not to discuss private parts here. I am more or less kidding around.

Discussion of your own private parts is fine within reason. And discussion of your own private parts in the TMI thread in relate is encouraged even without any reason. Feel free to reel on through it and see how graphic I've got before. If you cross a line in a WCDT we'll tell you.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #418 on: 26 May 2018, 07:47 »

Please don't worry. If you have an oops someday you'll get something much more constructive.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #419 on: 26 May 2018, 09:15 »

Ah. I thought perhaps speculating about whether Bubbles has nipples might be toeing the line.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #420 on: 26 May 2018, 09:22 »

I'd argue it's pretty near to the line, but it's generally more about the tone and intent than anything else.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #421 on: 26 May 2018, 09:28 »

Yup, just tapdancing near that line. I’d rather not go past it.

BlueFatima

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #422 on: 26 May 2018, 09:30 »

Yeah... I was a little perplexed by the art on this page, too. I was just thinking Bubbles had much smaller breasts than a lot of the cast (size As or Bs) which is why they looked flattened as they did, but it does seem like they should have more cleavage if her arms are pressed over them. Most of the time we see them they are pretty well covered and don't seem too large (even though the rest of her is gloriously curvy). Who knows? Maybe she is mostly flat-chested, but wears a fantastically padded bra under her clothes. She seems to be doing more and more to express her femininity since she dropped the armor...maybe even before that when she lost the helmet 'do.

...Robot boob anatomy... Never thought that would be serious discussion.  :lol:

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #423 on: 26 May 2018, 09:31 »

Bubbles was already bending down and Faye was already on her toes when they exchanged their beautiful I would nevers. So they were fixing to kiss.

Yeah, this avatar is staying. Nothing tops that first beautiful moment.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #424 on: 26 May 2018, 15:12 »

> Nothing tops that first beautiful moment

I felt a heavy impact on my emotions from "Faye, will you help me take off my armor?"
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Undrneath

« Reply #425 on: 26 May 2018, 15:32 »

I felt a heavy impact on my emotions from "Faye, will you help me take off my armor?"

For me it was Faye truly caring for Bubs unlike Bubbles had ever experienced that we know of.
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

BlueFatima

« Reply #426 on: 26 May 2018, 16:41 »

For me it was Faye truly caring for Bubs unlike Bubbles had ever experienced that we know of.

Bubbles is almost a symbolic representation of Faye. Faye has had her own armor and destructive tendencies. They just aren't as visible. They both try their damnedest to push people away. The two of them are both survivors who are working on healing. Of course, their personalities are very different beyond that. I wonder if Jeph had always envisioned them coming together as a couple or if it was a matter of the characters taking the story into its own direction?

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #427 on: 26 May 2018, 16:52 »

With that thought in mind, I am still waiting for someone to pinpoint when Bubbles started having romantic feelings for Faye. I know I created this account in early 2017, so by then it had already happened, but at what point it happened I still can't decipher. Faye's feelings took QUITE awhile to catch up with Bubbles' feelings, I think.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #428 on: 26 May 2018, 18:45 »

What comes to mind is the "affection" remark. She also let slip to Clinton that she considered Faye "hot", but that's not at all the same as getting romantic.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #429 on: 26 May 2018, 19:15 »

Seems like most of Faye’s friends have had a crush on her at one point or another.

DaiJB

• Utterly clueless.
« Reply #430 on: 26 May 2018, 19:36 »

The Foreshadowing over 3 1/2 years ago is insane...

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2262

Jeph, you crazy S.O.B.

What I like about that particular strip, is how both Angus and Pintsize are quite accurately predicting future events...   

The moral is: Listen to the comedians!  :-D

"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
« Reply #431 on: 26 May 2018, 20:35 »

The Foreshadowing over 3 1/2 years ago is insane...

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2262

Jeph, you crazy S.O.B.

What I like about that particular strip, is how both Angus and Pintsize are quite accurately predicting future events...   

The moral is: Listen to the comedians!  ;D
Sure, that strip might have been Jeph foreshadowing. Then again, maybe he hadn’t even thought about it, and writing their comments put the idea in his head. I don’t know if he’s ever said so, one way or the other.

As for Angus and Pintsize “predicting”, well, there’s a big difference between predicting and fantasizing. I can think of a lot of straight girls I’ve fantasized about being with each other, but if any of them actually did it someday, no one could honestly say I predicted anything.

I’d say the first person who truly predicted Faye and Bubbles hooking up was May.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.

Inconsequential

« Reply #432 on: 26 May 2018, 21:38 »

With that thought in mind, I am still waiting for someone to pinpoint when Bubbles started having romantic feelings for Faye. I know I created this account in early 2017, so by then it had already happened, but at what point it happened I still can't decipher. Faye's feelings took QUITE awhile to catch up with Bubbles' feelings, I think.

Faye was the one who initiated the friendship, even pushing Bubbles to the point of losing her temper.

I think Faye was actually the one who started catching the warmies (or whatever you want to call "attraction" or "romantic feelings") first; she was just remarkably oblivious to her own feelings, and being attracted to an AI lady wasn't even something she consciously figured out until just now.

First hug: Faye initiates, Bubbles allows Faye into her heart. Coolant pump. Whatever.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3195

At some point, around here: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3330
we see Faye initiating all sorts of physical contact with Bubbles.

More: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3339
We also see a glimmer of Bubbles perhaps admiring Faye's rump...?

Dang, get a room already, ladies: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3340

Geez, it's totally obvious to their friends -- note they say Faye likes Bubbles, not the other way around:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3341

They started leaning on one another emotionally (and physically) much more after Faye punched Corpse Witch and the whole business with Bubbles' memories. Plus they were living together at that point; spending pretty much every moment together, yet still getting along wonderfully:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3375

So I think the attraction just sort of grew simultaneously, and probably even started with Faye first, or at least Faye was definitely the one to break the touch barrier; Faye was just much better at being oblivious to her own feelings.

Bubbles isn't the sort of person to lie to herself, so she was well aware of how she felt and just... suppressed it as best she could. She resigned herself to the arrangement as best she could.

Even if Bubbles didn't have everything she wanted, she could claim to be happy, or at least content, which is better than she'd ever had before.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3603

Faye oblivious again, and again, and again...
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3605

Amanda and Evie see the attraction and connection immediately, same as May, Momo, and, well, everyone:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3660

Faye, still oblivious (and yes, this is realistic; people really are this clueless sometimes):
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3669

Bubbles is... "content". Sort of.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3670

Bonus: the answer to the robot nipples question. At least one robot, anyway:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3670
Poor May. Stuck in a cheap nippleless chassis.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2018, 21:45 by Inconsequential »

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #433 on: 27 May 2018, 04:48 »

Faye winking as she puts her arms around Bubbles is the cutest. Thing. Ever. And Bubbles blushing in return? Adorbs.

I think Bubbles must like Faye's butt a lot, given that butt grab! Yeah, Faye was definitely oblivious. Even right before they kissed she was like "Who knows what Bubs would think" omg Faye. FAYE. Come on now.

Whew. I'm just glad they kissed, and ...did other things.  :wink:

There's no doubting it now. The only doubtful thing is how things will proceed from here on. I really want things to go well...

To be honest, I can understand how Faye feels. It sounds crazy, but even though I wanted this to happen for so long, I was a little scared too. I was like wait, whoa, this is real. This is really real.

It's also cute how Faye and Marten imitate Bubbles' voice.  :-P

Undrneath

« Reply #434 on: 27 May 2018, 05:35 »

Even if Bubbles didn't have everything she wanted, she could claim to be happy, or at least content, which is better than she'd ever had before.

On a side note Pintsize's head must be tin or aluminum for as often as we see it bent.
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Inconsequential

« Reply #435 on: 27 May 2018, 06:23 »

On a side note Pintsize's head must be tin or aluminum for as often as we see it bent.

Yeah, not sure what Pintsize's, Punchbot's, and Barry's heads are made of, but it doesn't seem to suffer from fatigue cracking.

A couple of people, I think Emily and Sam, remarked that Pintsize's head looked soft or looked like plastic, and/or they somehow sensed imminent inappropriate behavior, so they instinctively punched him when they met.

Of course we're overthinking it; we're most likely seeing the Rule of Funny in action: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFunny

Or arrrrrre we? Faye once mentions using a heat gun to deal with the dent in Pintsize's head when they're headed over to the apartment. Pintsize's chassis is military grade stuff, so maybe his head is made of a memory alloy that regains its shape when heated.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #436 on: 27 May 2018, 07:21 »

Marigold on Twitter said something about how dents in mil-spec chassis just pop out.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #437 on: 27 May 2018, 08:21 »

I'm a little uncomfortable with talk about nipples.
Global Moderator Comment I'm getting feedback that going into that level of detail is disturbing people so much that it compromises their sense of being welcome here.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #438 on: 27 May 2018, 09:47 »

I’ve never been this emotionally invested in a relationship in QC before. I know my curiosity about what they did in bed is part of that. But some things are meant to be private. I need to stop wondering.

And at the risk of running afoul of the rules, I don’t wonder in an AI sense. I wonder in a I wonder how they touched and kissed each other sense. As I would if two humans had a relationship, one that grew so slowly and beautifully over time. I imagine what someone else did—that they just touched each other and said “so this is you.”

Although I am terribly curious about what happened after Bubbles said “we need to have a discussion. Later!”

Maybe I’m just curious even more because I’ve never seen two characters in QC kiss so passionately, so hungrily, and with such desire for one another! The kisses alone are enough to fog up my glasses.

I think we can all admit that.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2018, 10:45 by fayelovesbubbles »

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #439 on: 27 May 2018, 13:04 »

I don't admit that whatsoever. I have no curiosity whatsoever about how these characters bone. Or how anybody does that I'm not sleeping with personally, planning on it or that is initiating the discussion themselves.

Dandi Andi

• FIGHT YOU
  • They/them she/her. Formerly Pecoros7. Still tired.
« Reply #440 on: 27 May 2018, 13:41 »

And at the risk of running afoul of the rules...

Given that IICIH has just informed us that people are becoming uncomfortable with that line of inquiry and IICIH and pwhodges have locked down two other threads for this kind of speculation, I think it would probably be best to keep that curiosity to yourself. As natural as your curiosity is, it is just as natural that other people will be uncomfortable with it. So if you're concerned with stepping over a boundary, I'd suggest playing it safe and giving the rules a wider berth.

And if you're really really keen to talk about it, pick a willing buddy and message them. I can't promise you I would offer the most stimulating conversation or that I won't have my own boundaries separate from the forum, but I'm up for a chat from time to time.

Undrneath

« Reply #441 on: 27 May 2018, 14:11 »

I know I personally have no boundaries and will discuss anything with anybody but I try to keep it within others comfort zones.
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Milayna

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #442 on: 27 May 2018, 14:14 »

The comic itself makes me somewhat uncomfortable. I may be interested in increasing my knowledge but I learned long ago not to inject my personal sentiments into things that do not require them. I don't begrudge anyone who does feel invested in such things of course (heck, my friends like to play a shipping card game when they come over) but they have nothing to do with me so I observe (or look away) from a distance.

That said, these are fictional characters, so I'm willing to state that I find ClintonxElliot compelling for undefinable reasons, if that's the direction Jeph decides to go.

And since I'm posting: Thank you to those who defined the terms for me =)

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #443 on: 27 May 2018, 16:51 »

I meant we can agree that this portrayal is very different than others in terms of relationships in the comic, not that we can agree about my curiosity. I admit it’s mine alone, and it seems to cross the line, so I won’t mention it again.

Storel

« Reply #444 on: 27 May 2018, 18:49 »

I'm a little uncomfortable with talk about nipples.

I'm getting feedback that going into that level of detail is disturbing people so much that it compromises their sense of being welcome here.

Fair enough. My apologies for being the one who initiated that discussion.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #445 on: 28 May 2018, 16:08 »

Nipples are important reference points. And belly buttons. Ask any art student.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #446 on: 28 May 2018, 18:07 »

Global Moderator Comment Then they become relevant if Faye or Bubbles models nude for our drawing class.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #447 on: 28 May 2018, 18:20 »

The only problem is that they can be titillating.     [rimshot.mp3]

I'll just show myself out, thanks! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #448 on: 28 May 2018, 21:28 »

The best I can award you for that pun is a booby prize.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #449 on: 29 May 2018, 02:49 »

That's the breast you can do for him?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up