THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 22:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wouldn't robots consider the words "robots" and "artificial" offensive?  (Read 10198 times)

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building

I honestly thought robots got drunk by downcycling their processor core, like Momo told May not to do. May's response? "Eeehehehehehe." I laughed SO hard at that.

Pintsize gets drunk a lot, apparently.
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building

You know what actually WAS rude, was Dale and Marigold asking Bubbles "are you a mecha?" that question strikes me as being offensive, and feels like objectification. It seems almost like asking a person of color an offensive question about their ancestry (and I say this as a POC myself). I know that it made me feel very uncomfortable when they asked her that.

With that in mind, STILL waiting for Bubbles to rock the purple lipstick again...
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung

Artificial in this context can be meant as the point of origin. Human (as well as any non-artificial) intelligence is something that is linked to evolution and development, while AI cake about suddenly as what it is. created by another Intelligence.

Whether it grows organically from the status quo is a wholly different story. At some point in the future you probably could say "it started out as artificial intelligence, but has since outgrow its original limits/limitations.

Also, what happens if you can upload a human consciousness onto an artificial body? In my eyes it would be a robot/Android with a non-artificial intelligence.

Further I believe that AI and their bodies are two different things, like when both Momo and Winslow swapped their "chassis". The AI is a sentient Program, while the robot is just a machine operated by the program.
Thinking of that, what keeps AIs from "Double Sleeving", that means copying themselves to another chassis, given the opportunity?

I don't think Faye and Bubbles would have named their shop "Union Robotics" if the term "robot" was the least bit offensive.

This is somewhat different. It's a repair shop for AI chassis. You probably could upload a non-sentient program into an AI body, and then it would be a "normal" robot. also, they repair anything that falls under their skill set, including non-sentient machines.
If an AI doesn't want to go to a shop called "Union Robotics" because it offends them, its their choice (and that seems to be a tiny amount of individuals).
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up