Fun Stuff > MAKE

Making a Podcast

(1/2) > >>

HughYeman:
Anyone else out there doing one? It would be lovely to compare notes.

Ignominious:
I do but I'm just responsible for organising dates for recording sessions and trying not to get incoherently drunk while trying to be funny. Heavy lifting is done by one of my co-conspirators.

What is your podcast about.
?

HughYeman:

--- Quote from: Ignominious on 10 Jul 2018, 14:27 ---I do but I'm just responsible for organising dates for recording sessions and trying not to get incoherently drunk while trying to be funny. Heavy lifting is done by one of my co-conspirators.

What is your podcast about.
?

--- End quote ---

I read newspaper articles from 50, 100 and 150 years ago. The goal is to provide a media-centric context for history, because so often the view we get of history from a modern source bears little resemblance to how people at the time saw it. I strive to be funny in my own non-comedian way, but I have no illusions about it ever being entertaining. I'm doing it as a creative outlet and a distraction from existential dread. Beyond that, I just want to respect history and promote the importance of historical context. It's all me, and I'm learning as I go. I do a tremendous amount of research, and the recording and editing takes me freaking forever because I've never before spoken in front of a mic to speak of. I spend about 20 hours making a one-hour episode.

Do you find it comes naturally to be funny within that format?

Ignominious:
Sitting in a room drinking beer and trying to make the other two guy laugh does come pretty naturally to me. That's part of our group dynamic though. I did try once to record a solo piece but just ended up hating myself for days.

Go on, lets have a link to your podcast.

HughYeman:

--- Quote from: Ignominious on 22 Jul 2018, 00:41 --- I did try once to record a solo piece but just ended up hating myself for days.

--- End quote ---
Ha! I can relate.

Here's mine. I'm proud of the latest two episodes: 17 because I was so angry and passionate that I think it's relatively listenable, and 18 because it represents what I want the podcast to be.

https://historicheadlines.podbean.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version