• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you buy from The Secret Bakery?

Brun's Bra Croissants of Friendship
- 7 (17.1%)
Cinnamon & Raisin Bagels (the Brun-Bane)
- 8 (19.5%)
Renee's Apology Special
- 4 (9.8%)
Roko's Hot Selection Mix
- 8 (19.5%)
Burned stuff from the not-a-blender thing
- 0 (0%)
Regular (because it's least likely to be weird)
- 3 (7.3%)
Elliot's Special Soda Bread (the Clinton-Bane)
- 6 (14.6%)
The Padma Special (Awkward memories and regrets)
- 4 (9.8%)
The CoD Muffins (because oldies are sometimes the best)
- 1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3786 - 3790 (16th to 20th July 2018)  (Read 23339 times)

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
Re: WCDT Strips 3786 - 3790 (16th to 20th July 2018)
« Reply #100 on: 19 Jul 2018, 19:54 »

So an Urban Druid. Wonder what kind of shape shift they get as they level?
(click to show/hide)
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #101 on: 19 Jul 2018, 21:56 »

Ah, gaming geeks. My people. I guess they need to have another game again sometime. Who wants to take odds on if Bubbles rolls a Fighter or Paladin?

theMarc

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Oh God, it's all over my body.
« Reply #102 on: 19 Jul 2018, 22:07 »

Wait, all weapons? Not just simple and martial weapons? What class is Bubbles that she gets that many proficiencies?
Be kind and generous to all people, even imaginary people who only exist in a webcomic, because that’s good practice for the real world.

SpanielBear

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #103 on: 19 Jul 2018, 22:58 »

Wait, all weapons? Not just simple and martial weapons? What class is Bubbles that she gets that many proficiencies?

Fighter would get her simple and martial, and I assume she's high enough level to get exotic weapon proficiency as a feat.

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #104 on: 19 Jul 2018, 23:04 »

There was a prestige class in the 3.5 expanded psionics book that was worded that way, the Illithid Slayer. I was never quite sure if it actually meant all weapons or just simple and martial weapons.

Fighter would get her simple and martial, and I assume she's high enough level to get exotic weapon proficiency as a feat.

Honestly, I can't see Bubbles as anything but a Paladin.

Shjade

• FIGHT YOU
  • What.
« Reply #105 on: 19 Jul 2018, 23:14 »

The class that is not to be trifled with.
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #106 on: 19 Jul 2018, 23:25 »

I'm glad to see that my assessment about what Bubbles preferred for everyday wear was the same as Jeph's! That said, I've got the feeling that the tank-top and shorts are being kept in reserve for 'special occasions'!

Dora and Faye have been so awkward with each other for so long after Faye being fired and the aftermath. It's good to see them bantering and at ease with each other again.

I keep telling you people that Bubbles is a Paladin. It's just that her patron deity grants lots of serious buffs and proficiencies at higher level!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

KeithC

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #107 on: 20 Jul 2018, 02:00 »

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but why would an AI have a navel?
How else would you change hair color? https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2250
Ah, yes.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #108 on: 20 Jul 2018, 04:39 »

All weapons is quite the claim. She'd be fearsome with some Chinese weapons; a dadao, for example.

Fighter and healer? Definitely. Fan-art of this needs to happen.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Inconsequential

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #109 on: 20 Jul 2018, 09:06 »

I love how Faye figured things out, made up her mind, and just jumped in with both feet.

Not even a glance toward a closet.

Unless it's to pick out a cute outfit for Bubbles...

"...your courage is one of the things I admire most about you." Hells yeah.
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3753

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #110 on: 20 Jul 2018, 13:28 »

ALL WEAPONS proficiency would be the prestige class Weapons Master* after about I think 5 levels you can use all weapons with proficiency and just a bit latter on, use any feat with any weapon, including improvised weapons.

Picture using a ladder with cleave  :-D
I have had someone power attack/sunder with a potato. It wasn't pretty. Nether the target nor the potato survived the encounter.

If I recall correctly this particular Prestige in beta was referred to as "the Jackie Chan" Prestige Class.

*This is from the core rule book used for the Fellowship of the White Star Campaign
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

oddtail

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #111 on: 20 Jul 2018, 14:23 »

You take exotic weapon proficiency for each exotic weapon separately, though, unlike martial weapons. That's a lot of feats.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #112 on: 20 Jul 2018, 14:46 »

"Insert dual-wielding joke here"

Speaking about Faye and Bubbles, it's more like... (wait for it...) dual-welding! <taa DAM tssss>
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #113 on: 20 Jul 2018, 17:00 »

You take exotic weapon proficiency for each exotic weapon separately, though, unlike martial weapons. That's a lot of feats.

Actually, if you take a martial weapon proficiency as a feat it applies only to a single type of martial weapon, the same as exotic weapons. Only the simple weapon proficiency feat grants proficiency in the entire class.

I had to look this up myself to be sure. I figure it doesn't come up much since most characters who aren't proficient in martial weapons have other abilities that make being able to swing a sword less important.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #114 on: 20 Jul 2018, 17:18 »

That's why I prefer Call of Cthulhu... Simple and easy game mechanics.

Maelphaxerazz

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #115 on: 20 Jul 2018, 17:29 »

If the campaign is using the weapon group feats variant rule from Unearthed Arcana, and Flaws, and content from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, you could have proficiency with all weapons at level 1 by taking Militia, Weapon Group (Exotic Weapons), and Weapon Group (Exotic Double Weapons) as your three level 1 feats.

Which is less impressive than one might think. At first level you only own two or three weapons, and at higher levels you will use whichever weapon has the best magical upgrades.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #116 on: 20 Jul 2018, 18:59 »

Speaking about Faye and Bubbles, it's more like... (wait for it...) dual-welding! <taa DAM tssss>

An intricate dance of interleaved flame art requiring a high degree of coordination and synchrony between the partners. Not unlike 4 hand piano. I expect there are rare items that cannot be crafted in any other way.

« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2018, 19:05 by Perfectly Reasonable »
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #117 on: 21 Jul 2018, 09:38 »

An intricate dance of interleaved flame art requiring a high degree of coordination and synchrony between the partners. Not unlike 4 hand piano. I expect there are rare items that cannot be crafted in any other way.

TIG in Faye’s left hand, MIG in the right, Bubbles has Oxy-Acetylene which gives her +1 fire damage, and Arc Welder in her off hand (+2 Lightning damage).
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #118 on: 21 Jul 2018, 11:56 »

I used to play a 'Fantasy Hero' campaign (Hero Gaming System - they used it for several genres).  The combat rules feature a -5 penalty for non-proficient weapons.  And also allows you to buy bonuses ("levels") with special effects, limited applicability restrictions, etc. 

There was a character who had a +10 bonus, only for purposes of negating penalties.  Between non-proficiency penalties, range penalties, and penalties on throwing unbalanced and non-aerodynamic objects, it was almost fully applicable almost all the time, if she chose to act in ways that used it. It gave her an astonishingly free and flexible style of play.  She was quite dangerous, and could almost always do something highly effective no matter what the circumstances.  Picking up and throwing a random rock was a terrifying move when she did it.

In context it was supposed to be the manifestation or result of some enchantment or prophecy relating to a 'perfect warrior' that had been focused on her at a shrine to the champions of her nation, and went with a Holy Mission to free any of her people who came under the yoke of slavery.  She was actually quite dangerous, in that it was almost impossible to meaningfully 'disarm' her.

cybersmurf

« Reply #119 on: 21 Jul 2018, 12:31 »

There was a character who had a +10 bonus, only for purposes of negating penalties.  Between non-proficiency penalties, range penalties, and penalties on throwing unbalanced and non-aerodynamic objects, it was almost fully applicable almost all the time, if she chose to act in ways that used it. It gave her an astonishingly free and flexible style of play.  She was quite dangerous, and could almost always do something highly effective no matter what the circumstances.  Picking up and throwing a random rock was a terrifying move when she did it.

basically Jackie Chan in RPG Form?
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #120 on: 21 Jul 2018, 16:58 »

basically Jackie Chan in RPG Form?

Yeah, a lot like that.  Now that I think about it, she did play a lot like a Hong Kong movie.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #121 on: 22 Jul 2018, 10:22 »

TIG in Faye’s left hand, MIG in the right, Bubbles has Oxy-Acetylene which gives her +1 fire damage, and Arc Welder in her off hand (+2 Lightning damage).

Now, I really would like to see a badass drawing of Faye wielding two welding implements. Or Bubbles. Or both of them...

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #122 on: 22 Jul 2018, 18:07 »

Now, I really would like to see a badass drawing of Faye wielding two welding implements. Or Bubbles. Or both of them...

While interesting, I'd rather approach them on bended knee as I would any other master smith to get them to forge me a the perfect  custom western style sabre. Between the two of them, the metalworking magic would be amazing.
Emily is the Avatar.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #123 on: 26 Jul 2018, 17:42 »

There was a prestige class in the 3.5 expanded psionics book that was worded that way, the Illithid Slayer. I was never quite sure if it actually meant all weapons or just simple and martial weapons.

Which oath? (Or am I thinking of fighters?)
[I play sorcerers and arcane trickster rogues]
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up