Fun Stuff > CLIKC

D&D Pathfinder

(1/52) > >>

Gyrre:
From some of the polls over the past year, I know I'm not the only one who plays.

I couldn't find a general thread for either that wasn't dead. So, tell stories, talk about your character(s), talk about homebrewed stuff, ask questions, call my a bellend for liking 5E. Have fun. Follow the standard forum rules.

Gyrre:
In regards to the poll commentary; those were jokes. I get that 5e is a bit of a different beast to its predecessors and why that would be off-putting to long time players. The outright immunities for some creatures makes sense and it sucks that those got nerfed. I'm playing a sentient clockwork who only gets resistance to poison in 5e.

hedgie:
Lemme see.  In the Pathfinder game I'm in right now (we play again tomorrow), I'm playing a female elf witch who is lately the group's healer and sole caster (our cleric is taking an indefinite hiatus from game.  And game has gone strange lately.  I'm trying to convince a reluctant assassin (who was trying to kill us until I knocked her out with a slumber hex) not to kill herself by putting her in charge of helping a bunch of women who were taken prisoner and tortured to turn them into amoral killing machines get to safety.  We'd do that ourselves, but we're preparing to fight some sort of rose bush looking demon (or similar nasty) who is responsible for all of this, and is also holding another character's (the gunslinger) father who for some reason seems to have a form of immortality.

This is a bit of a strange group, considering how many characters are twisted versions of Disney characters.  We have an evil Tiana, a somewhat noble Gaston, Mulan, and I guess that my character is what would happen if Rapunzel became a witch herself (it's all about the magic hair).

Gyrre:
I'm just started playing a 5e game with what was meant to be my backup character; a sentient clockwork clown bard with a calliope built into his torso. We based his stats on a composite mode envoy Warforged. I had intended to start with my mongrelfolk rogue (dragonborn, aaracokra, tiefling, tabaxi), but I guess the DM got mixed up when we were talking up about both of them? Since the rest of the party started out ghoulified (special ghouls) outside of some desert town, I didn't say anything.

Cecil (bard) is from the bard college valor. Tupi Loq (rogue) is a swashbuckler. Both have fairly decent stats, and Cecil's 18 charisma is currently an indicator of how terrifying he looks after  8 years of his paint job being neglected. Cecil has the tragic backstory, Tupi is a privateer (pirate).

Currently, the party has 3 goals; get unghoulfied, stop the local crime syndicate from kidnapping and ghoulifying people (hence the party's predicament), and get our hands on some of the sweet magic items currently being excavated.

hedgie:
That does sound like a pretty cool campaign.

So last night, we got the demon and its minions, and although a couple of people got damned close to being corpsefied, and rescued the prisoners.  I suspect that since the last couple of sessions were combat-focused, the next few will be heavy on the RP and not really have much smashy smashy.  We're also likely to be adding another player, someone who I know from Ingress who came over to watch (and thankfully provided me a partial ride over).  Don't know what she's going to play yet, but an easy in for her character would to have her be one of the prisoners that we saved.  Hopefully, she'll follow her initial inclination and roll a caster with some healing ability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version