THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What type of caster do you like playing?

One of those funky not-quite-half-casters
Don't you mean "smite slots"?
full caster
ALL THE CASTING (class & racial features)
half caster
just limited to racial abilities or class features
non-caster
I'm undecided

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: D&D Pathfinder  (Read 87674 times)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: D&D Pathfinder
« Reply #250 on: 08 Jul 2021, 20:46 »

Our current Saturday campaign DM only allows flanking for rogues and creatures with pack tactics.

Technically, rogues don't need flanking for Sneak Attack (but the requirement is similar to flanking in 3E), and pack tactics is not technically flanking. So I'm assuming y'all are playing RAW?

I honestly don't know.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #251 on: 01 Aug 2021, 17:11 »

I'm fuckin' cackling!

Our Sunday DM found a way to royally fuck with the two power gamers who are trying to get OP AC (+23). The Night Market in the Call of the Deep module trades in emotions, memories, feelings, and years (past or present). Both of them sold their feeling of family, so now neither of them remember they left their adopted kids in their hotel rooms. One of them sold their altruism. One of them almost ended up having to change classes (would have sold his sense of acceptance by a deity). The first almost became an unplayable character. He had an alignment change to true neutral.

It would have been hilarious if both of them had fallen for the whole trap and had to roll up new characters.

EDIT: Had a correction on where the kids were.

EDIT 2: Dammit! Both of them just figured out that the guy in the alleyway was a vampire and that he wasn't in the selling area!
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2021, 17:24 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #252 on: 01 Jan 2022, 21:38 »

I'm DMing my first game and just wrapped up my second session of Curse of Strahd the players managed to kill the vampire spawn Doru with only one PC getting permakilled!

Ismark would have helped if a certain druid in the party hadn't KO'd Father Donavich.

What's sad, we kicked off the session with a flashback fight to the second night Strahd bit Ireena so the PC who died could be introduced. There were supposed to be two more players joining and introduced with said fight, with the three PCs who made it the first session controlling Kolyan, Ismark, and Ireena (one of whom also didn't make it).

But hey, the party leveled and player whose character died rolled some stellar stats for their new PC; 17, 18, 17, 16, 13, 11!
a real-ass gaddam sword

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #253 on: 02 Jan 2022, 03:54 »

Nice when your dump stat doesn’t come with penalties.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Gyrre

« Reply #254 on: 03 Jan 2022, 03:23 »

Nice when your dump stat doesn’t come with penalties.

Very true.

I'll have either Father Donavich or Strahd himself request they go clear out Dead house after the Burgomaster's funeral this Saturday. Hopefully we can get more than 4 players for over half the session. BTW, I can't take credit for the idea of having the party meet Strahd at the funeral. Once I learned just how janky the order of the CoS book was[1], I looked up some milestone suggestions and ideas on how often and ehere they should meet Strahd.

I'm going to have him merely tell them that he is the lord of the village and that the Burgomaster ran things on his behalf. Hopefully Donavich can pass his Wis and Con saves to not soil himself.

[1]It's the last location listed in the village of Barovia with a single sentence telling you where to look in appendix B for the location details. Zeto mention of anything like 'start your level 1 players here' in the chapter itself. And I ended up overlooking it for the much more enticing section header of "Special Events" right below it.

EDIT: Though, I am tempted to say 'screw it' and throw in a bonus level as both reward and apology, and send them on their way to Madam Eva.
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2022, 04:58 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #255 on: 19 Feb 2022, 22:53 »

......... The druid-cleric bumped into Izek Strazni while wandering Vallaki by himself, and had an impromptu therapy session with him. Izek started crying and the dice decided he was going to help the party overthrow Baron Vargas and become a party member. Which will get really awkward once he finally meets Ireena.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #256 on: 01 May 2022, 05:43 »

My players beat Strahd!

I got to finally reveal that the party's half-elf bard was of distant relation to Strahd being the descendant of one of Strahd and Sergei's cousins. Got the druid-cleric to agree to come to the dinner by appealing to his putupon desire to fix everything in the broken land. The oath of the eternal flame paladin got lured in with the temptation to perfect the 'imbalanced fire cycle' Barovia had by making it a 'closed system of recycled souls' if he could take over. The fighter just wanted to beat the smug off of Strahd's face. And the barblock wanted Castle Ravenloft to be his new home.

Anyways, since the bard and Ireena had gotten together, I got to play MAT's A Blues for Mergo as the part of the epilogue where Ireen/Tatyana and Sergei are reunited and walk off to the afterlife happened.

We might do an rpilogue session proper this weekend where the party goes and clears out the rest of the castle and has to deal with the monsters that remain (the cluid will probably try to cure all of the werewolves and Mongrelfolk). I've also got one last boss to throw at the party; Baba Prizraka, Baba Lysaga's sister. Basically an excuse for a do-over of that fight with an amped up baddy they can't just brute force.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Izek actually survived as a party member to the Strahd fight and managed to survive dedpite becoming Strahd's personal juice box and puppet with the barblock for a few rounds. Izek and Vasilka (the abbot's lady fleshgolem) ended up together too.

EDIT 2: forgot to include a link for the song. BTW, as Ireena left, the baby she was pregnant with from the bard was left behind fully formed. Just for funsies, I told the bard's player that the baby's name was Mergo. The paladin's immediate response was "KILL IT! KILL IT RIGHT NOW!!!" I guess he played Bloodborne.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2022, 05:21 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up