THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which wedding storyline would you most like to see in QC soon?

Marten/Claire
- 3 (15%)
Faye/Bubbles
- 1 (5%)
Dale/Marigold
- 0 (0%)
Wil/Penelope
- 4 (20%)
Steve/Cosette
- 6 (30%)
Dora/Tai
- 0 (0%)
Jim/Veronica
- 6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future wedding storyline?  (Read 2778 times)

comicalArchitect

• Obscure cultural reference
Future wedding storyline?
« on: 08 Oct 2018, 09:19 »

QC's only wedding thus far has been about fairly minor characters, so what would it be like if people we knew better got hitched on-panel? Who would work best story-wise?

I would most like to see Steve/Cosette or Wil/Penelope. It would be a good way to bring them back into focus (Does Cosette even still work at the coffee shop? Is Wil even alive?), and they've been together longer than any of the other couples. Jim/Veronica might also make sense, given that they're the oldest main characters and both have been married before, so commitment isn't a new frontier for them. And Dora/Tai would be good, since they seem to have reached a point of stability and contentment.

I can't see Dale and Marigold ever having the motivation to get married. Marten and Claire still have a lot to go through as a couple, I think, and of COURSE Faye and Bubbles do.

(Please keep the discussion to established current relationships. I don't want this to degrade into crack shipping.)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: Future wedding storyline?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2018, 09:33 »

Steve and Cossette definitely and for two reasons:
  • I believe that they are the oldest established couple in the strip;
  • As secondary/backing characters, you can have them have a wedding without it necessarily impacting on the main cast dynamics;
  • Cossette still works at CoD so we can see Dora as flower girl. I'm thinking that's going to be a mix of funny and cute!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2018, 09:37 »

We had a WCDT on this topic not that long ago: https://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,34134.0.html
tl;dr Jim & Veronica were the favourites by far. Then Steve & Cosette. Bubbles & Faye wasn't an option at that time, but had happened the previous week.

I'd personally like to see Steve & Cosette
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2018, 11:40 »

I'm with Steve and Cosette as well.  It's realistic - when you're young, the weddings of old friends and the outer loops of your social circles are great events, without really changing your own life (although it might spur some interesting conversations). 

Besides, those two would be a ripe source of comedy.  The rehearsal dinner would be cereal, Tortura would be one of the groomsmen (I just wanna see her in a tux), and Cosette would literally trip down the aisle...

"Something old,
something new,
and the bride
is black and blue"

:angel:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2018, 11:43 »

"Something old,
something new,
and the bride
is black and blue"

"The crutches were borrowed from the hospital."

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2018, 13:52 »

I think Veronica getting married might cause more life-examination for Marten after the Claireversation. Would be most interested in that.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2018, 22:15 »

I think Veronica getting married might cause more life-examination for Marten after the Claireversation. Would be most interested in that.

I don't think so. It's still a bit too early, too. Although a bunch of people think Steve and Cosette would the the next to marry, I'd rather suspect Wil and Penelope. Well, maybe when Wil somehow manages to get a book deal or something like that.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2018, 11:18 »

I was leaning toward Steve & Cosette, but they may have already tied the knot without telling anyone.  Steve's a Federal spook (they never really get to retire, at least in the Land of Literature) and they loath anything that draws attention to themselves.  However, Veronica & Jim adds more story material to Jeph's ammo bag.  Marten becoming an adult brother (and Claire functionally a sister-in-law) to Sam opens up all sorts of story possibilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up