Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 17 Dec 2018, 03:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hilda (Netflix Original)  (Read 134 times)

LeeC

• WoW gold miner on break
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Hilda (Netflix Original)
« on: 15 Oct 2018, 06:41 »

I binged "Hilda" on Netflix with my wife and daughter.  Very whimsical and fun show.  Like a chill version of adventure time.  Its about a little girl who lives in the wilderness with her mom and encounters Norse creatures.  She deals with trolls that are rocks during the day and alive and destructive at night, mountain sized giants, and even tiny elves that want to evict her (but she cannot see them until she fills out the proper paperwork). I believe its based on a graphic novel of the same name and written by a guy who lived in Norway for a time when he was a kid. Wondering if anyone else has watched it. My father-in-law who loathes cartoons got quite invested in it. We loved it and I think its worth checking out. 

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LTK

Re: Hilda (Netflix Original)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2018, 02:30 »

That looks cute! I'll check it out the next time I'm mooching off of someone else's Netflix.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up