THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 05:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been writing a story... Not sure where I could put it  (Read 11808 times)

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?

So I got in my head a compulsion to write a story. A sort of weird fantasy magical apocalyptic romance thing set in an original universe.

The thing is, I don't really got readers for it (Also I'm pretty sure it's complete crap, but that's par for the course). Most of my past writing has been set in (and abusing) the battletech universe, and posted over on their official boards in the fanfic section. This one doesn't fit there, being an original setting without a single giant robot to be seen.

I can't really have my family read it, since they're somewhat evangelical adjacent in outlook and might consider it.... slightly heretical? Maybe slightly less conservative than they're accustomed to? I mean the romantic couple is a pair of ladies, and... well... god isn't dead but he is a disinterested force of creation that just set the universe in motion and doesn't actually directly influence people... sort of?

I've only got a couple of friends who would be interested in it, and they're actually slightly not interested in it.

So I'm looking for suggestions for a good place to put this mess.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: Been writing a story... Not sure where I could put it
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2018, 14:46 »

Create a blog on Wordpress or Blogspot, or buy your own domain. That's what all the topwebfiction.com stories do.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2018, 15:21 »

I will look into them, though my budget is basically zero.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2018, 15:56 »

You could also put it on Reddit if you're active there, it has a bunch of writing communities that should be easy to look up.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

SordidEuphemism

• Plantmonster
  • Treguna Mekoides Tracorum Satis Dee
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2019, 11:21 »

So I got in my head a compulsion to write a story. *snip* So I'm looking for suggestions for a good place to put this mess.

AO3 is a great hosting site. https://archiveofourown.org/ - but if you want to workshop it, I second the Reddit suggestion. I used to recommend one of the writing chans, but there's nothing left there but smoke and ruin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up