THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 00:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 Years Ago...  (Read 5988 times)

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku
5 Years Ago...
« on: 13 Nov 2018, 22:59 »

I came across this old strip, where Faye mentions how she'd like to stay in her position at the coffee shop: https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2442

Angus asks her in the previous strip where she'd like to be in 5 years. She was going steady with Angus and working at Coffee of Doom--and pretty content with her life. It's been 5 years! And now she's in love with a female robot war veteran and modding other robots and occasionally babysitting a child that idolizes her. And now she's vibrant again!

I started reading the comic when Angus and Faye got together, so I'm still kind of sad that it seems like he's never coming back, but I'm glad Faye is more passionate than she's ever been. :)

Just thought I'd share that blast from the past! In 2013, where did you all think the characters would be?
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
Re: 5 Years Ago...
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2018, 07:49 »

Marten has a job he likes, a girlfriend and lots of friends. Things seem to be good, to the point JJ doesn't talk about him very much anymore, because all that happiness would be boring!
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2018, 00:58 by traroth »
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2018, 13:27 »

In-comic it has not even been close to 5 years since that convo, which makes it even more awesome how much change we've actually seen!

I'm with you in feeling a bit sad that we'll never see Angus again, but the rest of the cast is interesting on its won. Honestly, the only things I kinda expected (and hoped for) was a career switch for Marten and developments for Sven (or at least a bigger part in QC) since frankly I thought he made for a flawed (but not evil) and interesting character, not unlike Faye.

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2018, 13:47 »

Marten has a job he likes, a girlfriend and lots of friends. Things seem to be good, to the point JJ doesn't talk about him very much anymore, because all that happiness would be boring!
I fear that after Claire graduates and starts to look for employment, she will not find a librarian position in Northampton, but will be offered one somewhere else, and will have to choose between her career and Marten. Cue enough unhappiness to satisfy anyone.
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2018, 01:27 »

I fear that after Claire graduates and starts to look for employment, she will not find a librarian position in Northampton, but will be offered one somewhere else, and will have to choose between her career and Marten. Cue enough unhappiness to satisfy anyone.

That might actually happen, but Marten is trying hard enough he won't wake up some day being 40 and not knowing what happened. Even better, good times still remain good times even when they are over. When talking about life, the trip is obviously more important than the destination, which is a sad grave, until proven otherwise.

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2018, 06:20 »

That might actually happen, but Marten is trying hard enough he won't wake up some day being 40 and not knowing what happened. Even better, good times still remain good times even when they are over. When talking about life, the trip is obviously more important than the destination, which is a sad grave, until proven otherwise.

I'm planning on a festive urn (or better yet, a festive ash spreading and no urn or anything left behind) instead of a sad grave, but that's just me  :-D

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov 2018, 14:18 »

Marten has moved to follow a girlfriend before.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #7 on: 22 Nov 2018, 02:12 »

I'm planning on a festive urn (or better yet, a festive ash spreading and no urn or anything left behind) instead of a sad grave, but that's just me  :-D
I'm half-tempted to go for the burlap-sack-with-a-sapling option. Either willow or oak.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #8 on: 22 Nov 2018, 04:07 »

I'm half-tempted to go for the burlap-sack-with-a-sapling option. Either willow or oak.

I also like that idea, a tree growing where my remains are buried. I can't decide if a fruit tree would be a nice symbol of perpetuation, or just gross...

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2018, 04:23 »

Don't let that consideration stop you. It's a nice symbol.

Or if it does, just consider what that means for the fruit and vegetables you're having now.

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2018, 09:55 »

There's a movement to add composting to the legal options.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #11 on: 22 Nov 2018, 14:05 »

If I can manage it, I'd really prefer not dying.

I mean, I haven't even completed one lap around the galaxy I was born in yet, let alone traveled. It'd be a real shame to die before I get a chance to go places and see things.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #12 on: 22 Nov 2018, 14:29 »

Since the thread has turned all serious...

The body donor program FAQ
Donating My Body to Science in the United States

Or inquire at your local university.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Scarfington

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #13 on: 25 Nov 2018, 17:08 »

I've really enjoyed the arcs since Angus left! His leaving broke up the contented stability for Faye and she's grown and changed a lot! And more robots!

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2018, 07:10 »

Weird thing about Angus and Faye's "contented stability" was that he was the one who started the conversation about compromise that might have gotten one or both of them thinking about reaching higher and moving on.

Also, Angus always seemed to me to be subtly messing with people, particularly Faye, keeping her off balance, sometimes for kicks.

I kept a printed-out copy of 1734 in my desk at my former job for a long time. I left it in the desk when I walked out.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #15 on: 28 Nov 2018, 22:23 »

^ I'm pretty sure that's strip where they have a toast to mediocrity.

Yup. :-\
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #16 on: 01 Dec 2018, 12:15 »

I just clicked on the link put in and by golly, you're ... agreeing with me.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.
Pages: [1]   Go Up