THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New She-Ra is out!  (Read 11070 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Re: New She-Ra is out!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2018, 05:20 »

Oh gang, it really is so good.

Theta9

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Not even that gay.
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2018, 11:05 »

Animated, or live action? I don't have Netflix any more.
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2018, 12:27 »

Animated. I... have issues with some of the choices made by the people Dreamworks had put together the trailers, but this is, in my estimation, the best one.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2018, 03:24 »

I just watched it and had my mind blown. So good, and I want my Catradora redemption arc NOW!!!
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #6 on: 06 Dec 2018, 00:38 »

Been rewatching this show a few times, and damn but am I just plain impressed.

Like, set aside the fact that it is the most queer-affirming cartoon out there (Might be a little too over the top on that statement but I'll stand by it.) the writing, the voice acting and characterisations are just above and beyond. The 'Villianous' characters are for the most part fairly fleshed out in their desires and personalities with convincing reasons for what they do, and those that haven't have simply not had the focus as yet. The 'Heroic' Characters are just as well laid out, and they all manage to avoid the various writing pitfalls that are so common in shows like this.

Overall, A+ effort in my books, and I simply cannot wait for the next season.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #7 on: 06 Dec 2018, 07:24 »

Like, set aside the fact that it is the most queer-affirming cartoon out there ....
More so than Steven Universe?
stePH
--

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2018, 13:44 »

No, probably not. In my defence I was riding high on just how well done the show was overall. I can't actually remember the last time I was this enthusiastic about something.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #9 on: 06 Dec 2018, 15:51 »

I might check it out when it hits DVD and my public library has it. I don't have Netflix but I do still have a DVD player and a library card.
stePH
--

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2018, 16:17 »

Flew through it in less then a week and I love it. Can't wait for more episodes

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2019, 08:36 »

So, season 2 is pretty baller, amirite?

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #13 on: 02 Aug 2019, 15:50 »

Hooooo boy, season 3 just kinda took out all the stops there huh?

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: 03 Aug 2019, 09:05 »

Season 3 is gonna be my comedown from Evangelion and I can't wait, especially with that season 2 cliffhanger

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #15 on: 03 Aug 2019, 19:18 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #16 on: 04 Aug 2019, 13:06 »

I was dogsitting at someone's house this weekend and I binged through all of this series on their netflix account and yeah, it's good! I don't ever remember rooting for the villains' well-being just as much as for the heroes as in this show.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #17 on: 04 Aug 2019, 20:27 »

(click to show/hide)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: 17 May 2020, 10:36 »

The last season premiered on Friday and the ending is pretty great.

Noelle says she has hopes to have another season, sort of like Steven Universe Future, but probably not cause she likes where she has ended it

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2020, 11:35 »

Got Netflix access about a month ago and finally got to start this last night (had to watch season 4 of Lucifer first).

Yes, it's really good. I like it better than My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Not really seeing teh ghey yet but I'm only 4 eps in so far.
stePH
--

oddtail

« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2020, 16:29 »

Watched the last season. It does fine on plot, ties most character story arcs in a neat bow. A bit too rapid-pace in some cases for my tastes, I prefer character stuff in TV shows going a bit slower and more in-depth. But it's still done well.

What I absolutely *love* is not the plot resolution stuff, but the emotional level. On that level, the show absolutely, 100% nails it, as far as I'm concerned. This is the best season and I (almost) uncritically love it.

EDIT: I don't think my comment can properly convey the range and intensity of emotions I felt watching the season. I have, like, TOO MANY emotions. ALL the emotions. The last few episodes in particular were quite a ride. Both my wife and I were reduced into making incoherent happy noises at some scenes.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2020, 17:16 by oddtail »

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2020, 19:10 »

Yeah, I agree on the pacing, it really feels like they could have stretched it easily to another season to explore some character arcs more.

And yes. All The Emotions. Skin cleared, crops watered, damn well hope we get more along the line.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2020, 10:42 »

Continuing thru season 1... Entrapta is my favorite <3

...and oh my god, Mermista is, like, soooooo over it all :roll:
stePH
--

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2020, 01:19 »

The final season of She-Ra was one of th emost satisfying endings to a series I have ever seen. The entire show has been consistently phenomenal from the start. I'm sad that it is over, but I am happy it went out the way it did.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

oddtail

« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2020, 06:21 »

I'm sad that it is over, but I am happy it went out the way it did.

Same. I was low-key bummed out after watching the final season, for like two days. I don't remember when this last happened for me with any piece of fiction.

Since distracting myself didn't seem to help much, I finally I gave in and rewatched first the final episode, and then the entire series from the beginning (which I recommend, because some revelations and character development actually make the first seasons better with the benefit of hindsight, and colour certain interactions completely differently).

On top of that, I'm seriously considering writing, like, an article on Medium or making a video on Youtube with my thoughts on Catra's character and arc. I don't think I ever had a strong impulse to do anything like that (even though I'll probably end up not doing that, since I'm neither articulate or insightful enough).

Bottom line: the show impacted me in a way I had not anticipated, more than even shows I theoretically think are even better.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2020, 14:20 »

Well, silver lining; Entrapta is canonically on the autism spectrum.
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: just realized how big the pic is.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2020, 07:56 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up