THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 18658 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Borderlands 3
« on: 28 Mar 2019, 14:47 »

That's most of what i have to say about that

TheEvilDog

Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2019, 14:49 »

Now you can really gun n' run.

Also, it looks like Dr Ned's moustache found a new home.

Also, wow, buff.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2019, 15:01 »

Got the feeling that it's going to be a generic battle royale game with Borderlands skins. I hope that I'm wrong though.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2019, 15:06 »

You're wrong. It's just more Borderlands. Gotta admire them for sticking to their guns, at least.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2019, 15:13 »

Got the feeling that it's going to be a generic battle royale game with Borderlands skins. I hope that I'm wrong though.

If they were doing a battle royale game, they wouldn't have called it Borderlands 3.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2019, 15:48 »

Yeah. For clarity, they dropped the trailer today.

My squad's psyched, we enjoyed the hell out of the last couple. I've got some important quibbles, so not as HYPE, but we'll see. I'm pretty sure to enjoy it no matter what.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2019, 21:08 »

I've been joypuking my face off all day. Borderlands is one of my favorite franchises and the fact that it looks like they're sticking with the winning formula of 'just like before, but more' makes me super happy. I'm now considering if I want to do a full run through of the previous games before 3 drops.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2019, 08:35 »

7 comments in and no trailer? C'mon

I'm very excited, hopefully I'll be able to play online with my friends. I tried the Prequel and didn't have as much fun cause I was doing it alone.
I'm leaning towards the mech girl and the beast master robot looking guy

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2019, 09:17 »

to be fair i knew if i held out long enough someone else would get fed up and post it :p

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 03 Apr 2019, 07:59 »

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #10 on: 03 Apr 2019, 22:57 »

The new enhanced version of the first game also came out today and it's quite nice. Bringing upgraded graphics and a number of nice quality of life improvements from more recent games into the original. Some new toys to play with and a golden key chest. A pretty reasonable choice, but if you have the games on Steam you get it for free. So begins my run of playing all the games in chronological order to get ready for September....

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2019, 23:26 »

Well, it sure looks like more Borderlands, which is good (I also like how Tales is apparently being treated as canon). The reports of six month exclusivity to the Epic store knocks this out of pre-order contention though.
Quis pater tibi est?

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #12 on: 05 Apr 2019, 08:59 »

I am a huge fan of the Borderlands series and I love their characters and their stories.  I still occasionally run around with my level 72 siren in BL2 just because it's fun.

I'm less than impressed with their announcement to go exclusive for six months, even though it doesn't affect me because I'm on PS4.  I just don't like the decision and as a result, I'll likely not purchase it for a while.  I feel like if there are repercussions for them making that decision (and if enough people do the same) they'll be less inclined to do this in the future.

I would never have pre-ordered in the first place, because I've broken that habit.  I'm at a point in my life where I won't pay for a game that I can't see running and know if it's worth the price or not.  I feel like too many developers  have abused this mechanic and I just don't trust them.  But that's just me.

All that said, I'm very excited to eventually play it. 
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #13 on: 05 Apr 2019, 09:20 »

I never finished BL2. With the upgrades the old games got I'd be up for co-oping it, is anyone else?
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #14 on: 06 Apr 2019, 13:05 »

I'm doing an all-soldier run through of the games to prepare for Moze. Roland, Athena and Axton.... You really don't get to pick who you play in Tales of course. I normally run them solo because I feel rushed trying to keep up with other people who invariably seem to know the maps better than I do.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #15 on: 08 Apr 2019, 10:59 »

I never finished BL2. With the upgrades the old games got I'd be up for co-oping it, is anyone else?

I'm down to run it with you if you're on ps4.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #16 on: 08 Apr 2019, 12:01 »

Ah, unfortunately not, I only have it on Steam.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2019, 11:28 »

Ah. Well I wish you good luck and maybe another time then. :)

My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up