jazz
bossa nova
electro-swing
music box
orchestration
for work, study, relaxation
purple monkey dishwasher

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3976-3980 (April 8th-12th, 2019)  (Read 37715 times)

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
Re: WCDT Strips 3976-3980 (April 8th-12th, 2019)
« Reply #150 on: 11 Apr 2019, 07:00 »

I ALWAYS CRY AT WEDDINGS.

Just warning ya.

Annemoon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #151 on: 11 Apr 2019, 07:11 »

And meanwhile, Marten is busy casting Expeditious Retreat.

This joke though :'D

I hope for good things for Tai and Dora :) I agree that they compliment each other well.
On the topic on not bashing too much on Marten. I think he's doing okay overall.
However, I do think that Marten needs to work on his avoidance behavior (and communication sometimes).
But he's already growing a lot in his relationship with Claire. I'm just ready for some good things right now <3
"science fairy" - cybersmurf

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #152 on: 11 Apr 2019, 07:18 »

And so Marten finds another excuse to run away from thinking about this stuff for at least one more day.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #153 on: 11 Apr 2019, 08:36 »

Quote from: BenRG
Any storyline where Dora says 'no' would have to have a very, very good reason not to be contrived and OOC

That kind of self-sabotage has been in character in the past :-(. One of the themes of the comic is people getting over things, so I hope Dora will get out of her own way and take the offer of happiness.

Assuming, of course, that Tai has overcome her substance abuse problem.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

DashaBlade

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #154 on: 11 Apr 2019, 08:38 »

Holy shit, I'm thankful this isn't a Friday strip.
Cue tomorrow's strip featuring a new Melon emergency. :roll:

There's been a huge shakeup! Nothing is as it was! I predict... Steve will eat soup tomorrow!

P.S. I haven't posted in a while, but I saw the comic and I thought, "Damn, the forum's going to explode today."

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #155 on: 11 Apr 2019, 08:47 »

Quote from: jessic
Yeah I don't get it either. Marten has a life he's happy with, he's not in debt or anything. I don't see the issue. Is it an American thing to be bothered by "unambitious character is not motivated to improve his prettty-damn-okay life", maybe? I have no idea.  :?

He does have student loans, but that's a minor point. Your main point is much more interesting. Maybe it is an American thing. We've got an industry of motivational speakers urging people to take chances and try for more. We've got a beloved former President who said
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never tasted victory or defeat."

A less dramatic version predates America. One author (American btw :-)) summarized the ancient Greek path to happiness as "the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording them scope". Marten's not getting that. Touring with the band and making a poor and irregular income, he would be getting that.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Mr Intrepid

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #156 on: 11 Apr 2019, 10:29 »

Shouldn't the toilet(s) be back there, too?
Well, also the alley.  Where Marten  can go grab his knees and hyperventilate in sheer panic.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #157 on: 11 Apr 2019, 11:06 »

It's true we in the USA are supposed to extol the successful striver, but there is an interesting countermovement (or at least a couple TED Talks) of people telling us we need to redefine personal success and learn maybe to at least question whether we need all that money and Stuff(TM). Of course, this advice is coming from people who have already made their pile, or who are making their pile telling us we don't need to make a pile.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #158 on: 11 Apr 2019, 11:13 »

... You know, the fact that Dora is so matter of fact about how important the relationship is to her, yet they have never actually talked about it to the degree that it was obvious it was this important kind of...

doesn't sit right with me?

Like, one of the biggest problems in all marriages is communication, and not saying things because you think that the other person should already know is not really a good sign.

Idk, it really feels like their relationship has kind of skipped several steps where they actually seriously talk about their idea of the future and what importance the other has in it, especially if it jumps to marriage here.

Then again, that could just be a contrast to all the other relationships in the comic that just seem to reach a certain point and then stagnate until they self destruct.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #159 on: 11 Apr 2019, 12:00 »

With regards to Marten and the future, I think its just more about having a sense of stability and knowing that you can have things covered. Yeah, Marten can be and is happy with his life as it is now, but it is still living from day to day and that isn't really sustainable in the long run. He's hitting stasis and stagnation while the people in his key relationships are changing some aspect of their lives. Hanners picked up sticks and took to travelling around the world, Faye and Bubbles not only began a relationship but also a business, Dora and Tai's relationship is growing and providing stability for the both of them.

With Claire taking her exam, she is getting to a stage where she needs to think about where her life is taking her and where she would like it to go. There is the possibility that if Claire does pass her exams, she might not be able to get a job locally. It might be time for Claire to spread her wings and leave, with Marten's arc potentially about growing or staying in stagnation.

Back to Dora and Tai, I agree with Emperor Norton, we've never seen indication that the two have ever had the talk. Now, this could be Tai joking or we might be seeing something shaking up, because Dora looks overwhelmed. If it is Tai joking, it could backfire big time. Whatever it might be, this storyline is setting the stage for something major.

Honestly, my original thought was that Claire failed her exam and having to deal with that. With Marten now, I thought it could be about him deciding whether or not he's going to "grow up". And now Tai and Dora. And with less than a month until the 4000th comic, we're building up to something big.

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #160 on: 11 Apr 2019, 12:24 »

I too am inclined to agree with Emperor Norton. Marriage, for me, is based on communication and trust, and it's work. It wouldn't be "self sabotage" for Dora to say no here if she decides that Tai and her relationship isn't at that level just yet.

Of course, I also look askance at surprise proposals when the couple in question haven't discussed marriage, but I am a curmudgeon.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #161 on: 11 Apr 2019, 13:54 »

... You know, the fact that Dora is so matter of fact about how important the relationship is to her, yet they have never actually talked about it to the degree that it was obvious it was this important kind of...

doesn't sit right with me?

Like, one of the biggest problems in all marriages is communication, and not saying things because you think that the other person should already know is not really a good sign.

Idk, it really feels like their relationship has kind of skipped several steps where they actually seriously talk about their idea of the future and what importance the other has in it, especially if it jumps to marriage here.

Then again, that could just be a contrast to all the other relationships in the comic that just seem to reach a certain point and then stagnate until they self destruct.

My take from Dora's matter-of-fact response to Tai's challenge-query was that Dora already HAD thought upon this subject (moving), opposed to Tai's laissez-faire stance; Dora simply had not discussed it with Tai because the subject had not come up until now.

Dora & Tai have been quite serious about each other since Comic(s) 3021-3022 (back in the year of 2015!), despite the light humour that Tai was supposed to be Dora's "rebound" from Marten.
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2019, 15:37 by pendrake »

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #162 on: 11 Apr 2019, 15:23 »

Sometimes a rebound can end up in the right place.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #163 on: 11 Apr 2019, 15:37 »

Dora & Tai have been quite serious about each other since Comic(s) 3021-3022 (back in  the year of 2015!), despite the light humour that Tai was supposed to be Dora's "rebound" from Marten.

It isn't about being "quite serious about each other" it is about the lack of communication. Also, to be honest, maybe its being a cranky old man, but I don't generally consider the first time a couple say they love each other is "quite serious about each other" anyway. I know a lot of fiction uses it as a huge major milestone that signifies something significant, but in my experience, it's a very very early milestone in a relationship.

I mean, Angus and Faye loved each other, and said as much, but that didn't mean that Faye was ready to uproot her life for him.

Hell, I've loved plenty of people that when it really came down to it I couldn't imagine being with on a permanent basis.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #164 on: 11 Apr 2019, 15:39 »

Quote from: jessic
Yeah I don't get it either. Marten has a life he's happy with, he's not in debt or anything. I don't see the issue. Is it an American thing to be bothered by "unambitious character is not motivated to improve his prettty-damn-okay life", maybe? I have no idea.  :?

He does have student loans, but that's a minor point. Your main point is much more interesting. Maybe it is an American thing. We've got an industry of motivational speakers urging people to take chances and try for more. We've got a beloved former President who said
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never tasted victory or defeat."

A less dramatic version predates America. One author (American btw :-)) summarized the ancient Greek path to happiness as "the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording them scope". Marten's not getting that. Touring with the band and making a poor and irregular income, he would be getting that.

It is actually a very American thing — Americans associate plots with concrete and specific action, vs ineffable slice of life.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #165 on: 11 Apr 2019, 17:14 »

...this is like losing a winning lottery ticket and saying "it was only two bucks, I'll buy another one."
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #166 on: 11 Apr 2019, 18:14 »

What is? Dora rebuilding her business elsewhere? How is building a successful business like winning a lottery ticket exactly?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #167 on: 11 Apr 2019, 19:26 »

...You might want to reread that.

Mr Intrepid

« Reply #168 on: 11 Apr 2019, 19:38 »

It's a sign of Faye's emotional journey in that there was no threat of physical violence.  "Dong" is a nice touch though.

Marten, listen to your friends and loved ones.  Don't fuck this up.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #169 on: 11 Apr 2019, 19:57 »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love Faye's new shirt!!!!

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #170 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:03 »

...You might want to reread that.

Reread what? My post? Near Lurker's post? Something else?   :?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #171 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:17 »

Near Lurker's post.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #172 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:28 »

How about just explaining what you're talking about instead of making me guess?

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #173 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:36 »

Even I don't know what they're talking about.  Making a successful business from scratch, especially a restaurant, is like winning the lottery.  That's exactly what I was saying.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #174 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:38 »

Building a business is not the same as buying a winning lottery ticket.  Yes, there is luck involved in the business, but there's a lot more skill.  Being able to identify good employees, find the right sources for your materials, the right location, knowing how to promote your business... those aren't down to some random balls being drawn from a hopper.  There's good reason to believe that having done it once, you can do it again.  You might be wrong, but it's not like winning the lottery twice.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #175 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:55 »

It's true we in the USA are supposed to extol the successful striver, but there is an interesting countermovement (or at least a couple TED Talks) of people telling us we need to redefine personal success and learn maybe to at least question whether we need all that money and Stuff(TM). Of course, this advice is coming from people who have already made their pile, or who are making their pile telling us we don't need to make a pile.
Well, that's a different approach to kicking down the ladder. Usually it's done more forcefully with shifty laws and loopholes.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #176 on: 11 Apr 2019, 20:58 »

Building a business is not the same as buying a winning lottery ticket.  Yes, there is luck involved in the business, but there's a lot more skill.  Being able to identify good employees, find the right sources for your materials, the right location, knowing how to promote your business... those aren't down to some random balls being drawn from a hopper.  There's good reason to believe that having done it once, you can do it again.  You might be wrong, but it's not like winning the lottery twice.
Especially since you can sell the current business and use that capital to fund the next one. It is substantially easier to create a second successful business than it is the first one. Success in business tends to compound upon itself. She has every reason to believe she could do it again.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #177 on: 11 Apr 2019, 21:03 »

A lot of skill and hard work. In fact, there are plenty of reasons to believe that it can be done again. If you look at successful business people, one thing in common is their ability to start a new business, sometimes in entirely different fields, and succeed. That's what it is to be a successful entrepreneur.

To claim that Dora's success is down to luck is doing her a real disservice.

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #178 on: 11 Apr 2019, 21:20 »

I think Dora mellowing out concerning being mean to customers may be thanks to Tai. I can only guess as much, but Dora willing to move for Tai makes me believe Dora isn't second guessing herself.
Selling the business and starting a new one isn't as trivial as dora makes it appear, and that's why Tai proposed on the spot as she realized Dora is serious about their relationship.

Also, after being put on the spot for not even having thought about moving (not even Claire might have thought about that yet, deferring the thought of having graduated and the implications of it until after it has actually happened, for know reasons), his boss proposed to his ex. Personally, I probably would have left, too,maybe a little less dramatically.

Let's just hope, Claire doesn't decide she doesn't actually want to become a librarian, and becomes a cook or something like that.

You know what would be funny? Tai and Dora getting married the same day as Steve amd Cosette.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #179 on: 11 Apr 2019, 22:02 »

He has a degree - it's in Music History and Critical Theory.

And what kind of job can you get with that?  Teach music?  He’d need an education degree unless he worked at a private school.  There’s no point in aspiring to to career options that don’t exist.
Music museums exist. For example, the American Jazz Museum is in Kansas City.

Perhaps there's one in North Hampton.
If not, perhaps Marten (if properly motivated) could organize for the creation and funding of one. He's got connections.

That's all well and good if there is a position open there or some other music museum. 

Perhaps Marten has looked for a more fitting job from time to time and found nothing in Northhampton or anywhere close to it and has settled for what he has right now which he's content with.  This webcomic has never really addressed it, but I would think the world they live in is possibly going through an economic change with so many AIs capable of doing jobs humans can do.  It's not all that different in the real world only we don't have anything nearly that sophisticated.  But it's getting there and with fewer jobs available it becomes a matter of concern as to what is available and what careers people should pursue.  You can have a young go-getter who puts their nose to the grindstone at a job they hate because they think it will pay off, but after 10 years they are still in the same position they were before or possibly had to start over multiple times because the company changed hands.  Ten more  years could go by and they realize they're still not getting anywhere in life and struggling to get by, but it's too late to make a change and they never had any fun along the way.  Meanwhile the slacker stumbles through life and has an equally bleak future, but at least they had a good time along the way.

Personally I'm the play it safe type, but I'm not about to lecture someone on their life choices when I'm not all that sure if mine were correct.   

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #180 on: 11 Apr 2019, 22:10 »

Marten is letting talents go to waste. That's a separate issue from whether he makes money.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #181 on: 11 Apr 2019, 23:36 »

I love how cool Marten is in panel 3. He's never really had an issue with Dora and Tai dating. His first priority has basically been that they're both happy. He's tried to pretend like he's not involved in the whole situation but he's such a nice guy and he loves both ladies in their own ways so he's more likely to be happy that they're happy.

I think that we're only starting the talk between Marten and Faye but she is the best person to speak to (and I bet she'll think that's mind-blowingly ironic in many ways). Faye's relationship with Angus failed because they both kicked the can down the road rather than talk about their future together. Then the decision jumped out at them with very little warning and it was too much for Faye, with her abandonment issues, to handle. So, yeah, if she tells Marten that he needs to sit down with Claire and they need to discuss this rationally and at length, she knows of what she speaks.

How typical it is of Marten to interpret his own reaction as somehow failing as a boyfriend! It's always about doing the right thing for other people for him as a general rule, isn't it?

Setting aside the main thread of the strip, I'm wondering just how Faye is reacting to the Dora/Tai situation now that the initial shock is wearing off. Positive or negative feelings?

Marten is letting talents go to waste. That's a separate issue from whether he makes money.

This is more important than it might seem. A minimum-energy life, doing the bare minimum, rarely leaves you feeling fulfilled. If there is something that you like doing, you'll always be happier doing that, rather than something else just to pay the bills.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Dandi Andi

• FIGHT YOU
  • They/them she/her. Formerly Pecoros7. Still tired.
« Reply #182 on: 12 Apr 2019, 00:15 »

I think the fact that Marten's first concern was "but I have a life here!" is rather telling. He wasn't worried about the relationship ending if Claire moves away for a job. His first instinct was to worry about leaving Northampton. That suggests that he's more committed to this relationship than he thinks he is.

cybersmurf

« Reply #183 on: 12 Apr 2019, 01:54 »

I think the fact that Marten's first concern was "but I have a life here!" is rather telling. He wasn't worried about the relationship ending if Claire moves away for a job. His first instinct was to worry about leaving Northampton. That suggests that he's more committed to this relationship than he thinks he is.

After the Padma incident, he wasted a short moment thinking about moving. Faye objected strongly, and in a non-violent way. Personally, I think Marten wants to have Faye around as much as he is invested in the relationship with Claire.
The point about "But I have a life here" is absolutely valid, and it's not about his job.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #184 on: 12 Apr 2019, 02:26 »

Any storyline where Dora says 'no' would have to have a very, very good reason not to be contrived and OOC

That kind of self-sabotage has been in character in the past :-(. One of the themes of the comic is people getting over things, so I hope Dora will get out of her own way and take the offer of happiness.

I wasn't aware Tai had such a problem...
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #185 on: 12 Apr 2019, 02:40 »

On one occasion, Tai told Marten that she uses pot too often or maybe uses too powerful a blend but I was never sure if she was serious or being facetious.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #186 on: 12 Apr 2019, 04:42 »

I'm not sure she has a problem with it.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #187 on: 12 Apr 2019, 05:04 »

"'Do you have a drinking problem?' 'Heck no, it's the easiest thing I've ever done!'"

(or words to that effect: Dolly Parton, "AppleJack").

cybersmurf

« Reply #188 on: 12 Apr 2019, 05:28 »

I'm not sure she has a problem with it.

I think it was more of a "I should consume less" situation.
I'll have to do some archive diving once I'm home, with some uncapped interwebz.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #189 on: 12 Apr 2019, 07:48 »

ARGH, cliffhanger. I wanna know if she said YES. 

Good Marten Faye bit tho. I kinda miss them interacting.

cybersmurf

« Reply #190 on: 12 Apr 2019, 09:37 »

ARGH, cliffhanger. I wanna know if she said YES. 

Good Marten Faye bit tho. I kinda miss them interacting.

What did you expect? something like that never gets resolved on a Friday. Except if that happened on a Monday.

Either we get more of Marty and Faye, because they're each other's goto person for trouble and insecurities, or they'll be pushed further to the background.

And as much as people go "the 'original crew' seems to get retired" - every character that got included got there for a reason, and rather organically.
I just realised we have two social circles going on now - Coffee of Doom and the Secret Bakery. Yes, they don't have that much interaction as there would be if the focus only was on one of them, but we still got every key character we had from the beginning. I'm pretty sure if there hadn't been that many characters, JJ would've gotten tired of everyone by now, and even the second circle might be on a phase out now.
I guess some of the readers are as impervious to change as Marten is.... (and that's not meant as anything, just stating a fact to me.)

A small perverse otter

• Staying well enhydrated
« Reply #191 on: 12 Apr 2019, 09:54 »

Silly as it might sound. I swear I can hear a difference between "grey" and "gray" in my head, but any attempt to reproduce the difference aloud fails.
(Before this starts, I am a cradle speaker of American English, but I've lived so many places that I speak an unusual idiolect.)

In fact, you probably have two vowels which you can distinguish which differentiate the two pronunciations to you, even though no listener can tell them apart. That's a pretty well-established effect in people who learn second languages: they can hear a difference but not pronounce it.

It is entirely legitimate for me to say "I hear them differently in my head, but I can't pronounce them differently.". I hear grey as 'having an /eh/ in the middle, not an /ae/", and I say '/g/ /r/ /eh/ /ee/' instead of '/g/ /r/ /ae/ /ee'/', but most people can't hear the difference unless I hyperpronounce what I'm hearing in my head. As a result, I usually spell the word "grey", even though I don't do so all the time.
"AGH! Humans are so STUPID sometimes!" -- QC #3668

A small perverse otter

• Staying well enhydrated
« Reply #192 on: 12 Apr 2019, 09:59 »

Linguistic nerdishness regarding pronunciation incoming.

[long and very useful disquisition omitted for reasons of brevity. You should go back and read it.]
You might want to go look at Bob Port's old work on mora timing and hypronunciation here. It is *extremely* complicated: it turns out that there really is an orthographic effect, and it can be reliably reproduced.
"AGH! Humans are so STUPID sometimes!" -- QC #3668

zzyzx

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #193 on: 12 Apr 2019, 10:27 »

Perhaps Marten has looked for a more fitting job from time to time and found nothing in Northhampton or anywhere close to it and has settled for what he has right now which he's content with.  This webcomic has never really addressed it, but I would think the world they live in is possibly going through an economic change with so many AIs capable of doing jobs humans can do.

It came up in passing once in a strip that stuck with me for that reason. I think it was in the wake of the robot fighting introduction and Marten told Faye that everyone has to be running scams right now in the post-scarcity economy.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #194 on: 12 Apr 2019, 12:15 »

Tai was using LSD at work early on, which I classify in the Problem category. We haven't seen that in a long time.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #195 on: 12 Apr 2019, 12:45 »

:laugh: LOL, Faye called Marten a dong.

(I personally favor "knob".)
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2019, 14:44 by Theta9 »
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

alc40

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #196 on: 12 Apr 2019, 13:47 »

In regard to Tai, the relevant places I found were the last panels of comics 2215 and 2787.  The latter I think is what people were referring to: "I gotta cut down on my pot intake!".

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #198 on: 12 Apr 2019, 18:53 »

... This webcomic has never really addressed it, but I would think the world they live in is possibly going through an economic change with so many AIs capable of doing jobs humans can do.  ...

As well as jobs only AIs can do. Like tending a nuclear reactor up close and personal. Or would you like Melon's job?
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

zmeiat_joro

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #199 on: 12 Apr 2019, 19:25 »

I will never understand how Faye's brain works.

https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3980
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up