jazz
bossa nova
electro-swing
music box
orchestration
for work, study, relaxation
purple monkey dishwasher

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3976-3980 (April 8th-12th, 2019)  (Read 38056 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: WCDT Strips 3976-3980 (April 8th-12th, 2019)
« Reply #50 on: 08 Apr 2019, 23:17 »

I'm hoping that Claire is holding it together and hasn't submitted an essay question transcript that is just hundreds of repetitions of "I am a fish" or some other other symptom of stress-induced mental collapse!

It's nice, in a way, that Claire and Tai can talk so easily now. It wasn't that long ago that they could only barely tolerate each other, after all!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #51 on: 08 Apr 2019, 23:32 »

It's nice, in a way, that Claire and Tai can talk so easily now. It wasn't that long ago that they could only barely tolerate each other, after all!

Well, she used to be her boss. Someone who could end her dream of becoming a librarian simply because she didn't think Claire had it in her.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #52 on: 09 Apr 2019, 02:11 »

And I like the red in her eye.
Oh good. I'm not the only one who perceived Dora's eyes to be two different colors.
I tried a joke by saying that she's not "baseline", which was a reference to Alice Grove (who also had red eyes in some circumstances), but nobody seemed to get it...
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #53 on: 09 Apr 2019, 02:13 »

I wonder if I would find Dora's hypocritical double-standard BS more amusing if it hadn't been such a huge factor in her and Marten's breakup.
  What then, in your opinion(s) is the difference between Marten and Dora's relationship, and Marten and Claire's?  Dora's control issues vs Claire's openness.

My money is on "highly probable". They're both in denial, only dora is more sensitive.
And has Claire pushed Marten to take more responsibility for himself?

Why would she do that? She's his girlfriend, not his mother.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #54 on: 09 Apr 2019, 02:40 »

And has Claire pushed Marten to take more responsibility for himself?

Yes, and Marten (being Marten) went along with it by opening a savings account. Didn't they also have an argument about it recently? I seem to recall it was after attending a family dinner at Jim and Veronica's house.

Why would she do that? She's his girlfriend, not his mother.

Someone has to get Marten out of his rut. Just treading water, spinning your wheels or whatever you want to call it isn't a good thing, long-term.
~~~~

cybersmurf

« Reply #55 on: 09 Apr 2019, 04:17 »

Someone has to get Marten out of his rut. Just treading water, spinning your wheels or whatever you want to call it isn't a good thing, long-term.

That's what I meant with "nudging".

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #56 on: 09 Apr 2019, 05:50 »

Claire "pushing Marten to take responsibility for himself" is self-contradictory. That's Claire taking responsibility for Marten, not Marten taking responsibility for himself. He needs to find some intrinsic motivation. It's entirely up to him. No-one else can do it for him (push, nudge, whatever).
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #57 on: 09 Apr 2019, 06:10 »

That's just it, Marten's biggest flaw is his passive nature.

Every major change in his life has been enacted by an external factor, be it Faye striking up a friendship or Claire marching him down to the bank to set up a savings account. If none of those happened, he'd probably be homeless with Pintsize in a cardboard box.

Marten needs someone to light a fire under his ass, because he won't do it himself. I'm presuming that Marten is still in his mid-late twenties, so he's getting to a stage in his life where he needs to think about the future and in effect, grow up. But from what we've seen of the last couple of days with Dora, the idea that he's growing older is something that really bothers him.

Anyway, I was hoping Crushbot ate the flare when he realised he couldn't just take the exam without taking the course first. "CRUSHBOT'S HOPES HAVE BEEN CRUSHED! CRUSHBOT NEEDS TO COMFORT EAT!"

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #58 on: 09 Apr 2019, 06:33 »

Oh good. I'm not the only one who perceived Dora's eyes to be two different colors.
I tried a joke by saying that she's not "baseline", which was a reference to Alice Grove (who also had red eyes in some circumstances), but nobody seemed to get it...
Check the number of likes on that post.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Drunken Old Man

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #59 on: 09 Apr 2019, 06:44 »

I'm hoping that Claire is holding it together and hasn't submitted an essay question transcript that is just hundreds of repetitions of "I am a fish" or some other other symptom of stress-induced mental collapse!

Smegging brilliant.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #60 on: 09 Apr 2019, 07:13 »

Check the number of likes on that post.

Ok, one person got it. ;-)

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #61 on: 09 Apr 2019, 13:52 »

Marten needs someone to light a fire under his ass, because he won't do it himself.

Doing anything because someone lit a fire under your arse is the exact opposite of taking responsibility for yourself. It's someone else taking responsibility. It's passive obedience. That's what I'm trying to say.

You say he won't do it himself, but that's the very thing that needs to change. He needs to do it himself, for himself. That's the only thing that will produce lasting change.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2019, 14:23 by Tova »
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #62 on: 09 Apr 2019, 13:59 »

Yes, its the thing about Marten that he needs to change.

But he won't.

Marten won't ever change a thing about himself, because he's never been put into a situation where he has to examine himself. Faye has had to look at herself time and again because it got to the point where she has almost died twice (the accident before the comic started and the alcohol poisoning). Dora had to examine her own life when she realised she was actively sabotaging her own life time and again.

Marten has never been in that position. He's pretty much the guy whose entire life has been relatively uneventful (in the sense that he has never been put into hospital or gone into therapy).

Its always been an external factor that has changed Marten's life, never his own decision. And Marten is just too chill to think to himself that he needs to make some change in his life.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #63 on: 09 Apr 2019, 14:07 »

Well, if that's what your crystal ball tells you. What can I say? If he never does, he never does.

But I daresay that he will at some point be put into a situation where introspection is called for, he makes a realisation, and the fire will be lit.

Its always been an external factor that has changed Marten's life, never his own decision.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Exactly. He's still passive. Why are you calling for another external factor as though it will be different this time? One more time. It has to be his own decision.

oddtail

« Reply #64 on: 09 Apr 2019, 14:18 »

Yeah, Marten being coerced or talked into doing something would not be actual character growth regardless of what "something" might be. It's happened before. It'd be just business as usual, and would not solve his fundamental issues.

Corvid

• Not quite a lurker
  • NB|They/Them
    • tumblr
« Reply #65 on: 09 Apr 2019, 14:20 »

If Marten is going to change, he would need to decide on a goal to work towards, because as it is his life is pretty well set up. He's got a decent job that covers all his expenses, an active social life, a girlfriend, etc... People have been happy with less to be honest

He's talked about wanting to do music as a career before but it's been a long time since we've heard from the band. I think the only thing that's going to spark self-motivation is if he finds something he's genuinely excited about, enough to change his mostly comfortable life.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #66 on: 09 Apr 2019, 14:39 »

With apologies for yet more damage to that battered wall over there, I strongly suspect that nothing will change with Marten primarily because Jeph has lost interest in telling Marten's story. The comic is about various people around him, now. He's an extra.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #67 on: 09 Apr 2019, 14:49 »

He's part of Claire's story, and Claire is about to launch a career. I won't make a prediction but a shakeup is possible, though admittedly way out of character.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #68 on: 09 Apr 2019, 15:19 »

It's more likely that his life will revolve around supporting Claire and her goals.

Mr Intrepid

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #69 on: 09 Apr 2019, 15:38 »

Claire loves Marten.  He treats her and sees her as she is.  He validates who she is, doesn't see her as something different or exotic.  He's supportive of who she is and her choices.
Claire is here for the long haul.  She sees a future with him.  Her "nudging" is apart of a plan to set up the two of them for success.
The only caveat is this is her first relationship, and she's pinning a lot of her Hopes on it.
Marten realizes how lucky he is to have her.  Tai and Dora have told him as much.  He's going have to step up his game to make sure everything goes right.

OldGoat

• Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #70 on: 09 Apr 2019, 16:15 »

He's part of Claire's story, and Claire is about to launch a career. I won't make a prediction but a shakeup is possible, though admittedly way out of character.
People seem to have forgotten that Marten and Claire are an item because he did something way out of character, starting at #2799.  She is the exception to the rules for Marten.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #71 on: 09 Apr 2019, 17:33 »

Wow. I had forgotten that one.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Corvid

• Not quite a lurker
  • NB|They/Them
    • tumblr
« Reply #72 on: 09 Apr 2019, 18:21 »

Also! I was just thinking about it and him moving from California was a pretty drastic change that he decided on himself. It was because the girl he was with was moving, but it was his decision to follow her, she didn't really want him there lmao

Milayna

« Reply #73 on: 09 Apr 2019, 19:28 »

Time to put Marten on a bus. Literally, it looks.

Mr Intrepid

« Reply #74 on: 09 Apr 2019, 19:35 »

New strip up!  And, it would seem that a number of readers seem to be on the same wavelength as JJ.

Toe

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #75 on: 09 Apr 2019, 20:29 »

Oh hey, guess Jeph decided it's time to retread the "X is moving away" (potential) breakup storyline again. This is what, the third time we've been through this? Faye & Angus ended just like this (moving for career), and Marten & Padma was also cut short by Padma moving away. Guess Jeph really likes that trope, doesn't he?
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2019, 20:39 by Toe »

Corvid

• Not quite a lurker
  • NB|They/Them
    • tumblr
« Reply #76 on: 09 Apr 2019, 20:54 »

I think this is specifically Padma Take Two, a chance for Marten to show how much he's actually grown up since then

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #77 on: 09 Apr 2019, 21:49 »

Wasn't Padma more of a fling? Claire is a deep emotional connection who has moved in.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Elder Sign

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #78 on: 09 Apr 2019, 21:55 »

People seem to have forgotten that Marten and Claire are an item because he did something way out of character, starting at #2799.  She is the exception to the rules for Marten.

Oh dear God, please don't remind me of the ensuing Hundred Strips of Pure Ubersaccharine Overload.  That was an ordeal.

Oh hey, guess Jeph decided it's time to retread the "X is moving away" (potential) breakup storyline again. This is what, the third time we've been through this? Faye & Angus ended just like this (moving for career), and Marten & Padma was also cut short by Padma moving away. Guess Jeph really likes that trope, doesn't he?

Emphasis on potential.  The difference is that right now, the characters are speculating that Claire might want to move away.  It's far from the done deal that both Angus and Padma were.

Out-of-universe, per the tendencies of drama, the fact that we've been made well aware of the potential for Claire moving somewhere makes it less likely to actually happen that way.  Remember that Padma and then Angus each moved away with basically no advance warning whatsoever.

Furthermore, Faye & Angus seemed to be ended because the focus was decisively and overwhelmingly shifted to Marten & Claire and the former relationship became surplus (what with Marigold & Dale serving as the secondary couple).  And Jeph has a habit of sending characters permanently far away when he decides "bored now" (e.g. Hanners).
I prepared Explosive Runes before writing this signature.

OldGoat

« Reply #79 on: 09 Apr 2019, 21:59 »

I do believe Jeph lived in Northampton when he created QC - but he doesn't live there anymore.  Marty is still arguably his main protagonist - Jeph may be planning to relocate him. 

Wasn't Padma more of a fling? Claire is a deep emotional connection who has moved in.
She was, but Marty realized he didn't want her to be or at least that he didn't want just a fling.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #80 on: 09 Apr 2019, 22:14 »

Claire's enough of a main character that it's hard to imagine writing her out.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

OldGoat

« Reply #81 on: 09 Apr 2019, 22:30 »

Claire's enough of a main character that it's hard to imagine writing her out.
Nope, that's not apt to happen.  We may see a new locus introduced, though.  I won't die of shock if Marty and Claire follow Jeph.

cybersmurf

« Reply #82 on: 09 Apr 2019, 22:44 »

I think this is specifically Padma Take Two, a chance for Marten to show how much he's actually grown up since then

Personally, I'd like to disagree. Padma was a different story, because Marten knew she'd be leaving whenever they got together.

I do believe Jeph lived in Northampton when he created QC - but he doesn't live there anymore.  Marty is still arguably his main protagonist - Jeph may be planning to relocate him. 
[snip]

Maybe, but I began to differ again. If Claire actually does have to move for work, Marten will have to make a conscious decision, and he'll probably do it properly this time.
Think about it: Faye and Bubbles barely make enough to pay their rent(s), maybe a bit more now. Marty wouldn't put them on the spot, just like this. Although I could see them trying to live at the shop though.

I don't think JJ wants neither to break up the cast (geographically speaking), nor does he want to get rid of either Marten or Claire. In my mind, Marten has bonded with Claire too strongly to just let her move. The way I see it, he'd rather give up his Job at the Library so he can be replaced by Claire, and then maybe enter the music industry, through whatever channel he may get into.

Yes, it's Claire's first relationship, and she's up with a life changing event - transitioning from student to work life. The way I see her, she'll need the emotional support to make this go smoothly. Yes, there probably will be fights. Marten will have to be able to get Claire out of her frustration, without making it worse by his choice of words. Although I think Marten will prove he's up to it. I think Claire is a good thing for Marten. Yes she keeps pushing him in certain ways, which won't be good in the long run. But she might get Marten to a point where he gets used to being less passive.
When they make it through all that, they'll be settled for the long run, either together or split, but it will be a better talked about decision than the Dora/Marten breakup.

Or, just when everything is about to fall apart, Hanners is coming back, buying up stuff left and right just to not have her little social circle break up with even more drama (she'll have had enough of that by the time she returns.)

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #83 on: 09 Apr 2019, 22:55 »

And Jeph has a habit of sending characters permanently far away when he decides "bored now" (e.g. Hanners).
Well, I think Hanners may return sometime in the future when Jeph decides he needs her for something specific. The fact that he has checked in on her every now and then suggests that she's out for now, but may return if the right moment appears. Angus/Padma and others are gone and won't be back. Technically Marten did mail Padma at one time but basically got the reply that she had settled down and wasn't going to return.
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Mr Intrepid

« Reply #84 on: 09 Apr 2019, 23:20 »

I could see Faye and Dora both doing an intervention with Marten if he even thi is about not following Claire.   Faye recounting her breakup with Angus, and Dora reminding him of his tendency to be wishy washy.  And again, Claire has roots in town.  Her mom and brother live there.  If she gets a job within, say, 50 miles, commuting  would be a thing.   And I like the idea of Marten leaving the library to make a space for Claire.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #85 on: 09 Apr 2019, 23:32 »

*makes note to buy popcorn*
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #86 on: 09 Apr 2019, 23:37 »

I'm thinking that we're seeing clearly, for probably the first time, what the current arc for Marten is: Time to Adult.

Marten has been treading water, just enjoying being where he is. However, Dora is right to point out that this may not be possible for much longer. This isn't just an isolated incident either. Claire is the catalyst that's slowly forcing Marten out of his 'footloose, fancy-free and single tween' holding pattern and realising that he has to start taking actions that will let him manage living adult life. That means having to decide how he'll react to Claire's career taking her elsewhere than Northampton.

Bearing in mind that Hannelore has essentially left (and I'm not sure if she'll ever return) and that Faye and Bubbles really don't seem to have any more arcs lined up, I suspect that Jeph is following a deliberate strategy of wrapping up his existing characters' storylines. We are rapidly approaching strip 4000, after all. I think that there is a serious possibility that Marten, Dora and their significant others may fade out of the strip altogether, leaving the way completely clear for the strip to be dominated by Clinton, Brun, Elliott, Roko and their surrounding connections with only Faye remaining from the existing cast and then only as an occasionally-seen support character. I don't think that Marten and Claire will necessarily move out of town like Hanners but it is quite possible that they'll just fade out of the strip. If I'm right, I'm suspecting that this process will be complete no later than strip 4500.

I suspect that there are two basic motivations for this: Firstly, it's possible that Jeph feels that there are too many characters and he needs to write out those for whom he's exhausted his list of stories he wishes to tell. Secondly, I think he's decided that the new direction in which he wants to take Questionable Content need for him to be focussed specifically on the characters that he's clearly establishing for that broader direction (the ClinBrunEliRoko quartet, Renee and their supporting characters).

I wonder if there will be a shock cliff-hanger in strip 4000 where Claire tells Marten that she's received a job offer quite some distance from Northampton?
~~~~

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #87 on: 10 Apr 2019, 00:21 »

While this is something he should discuss given how frazzled Claire was getting it’s probably for the best to delay this conversation until after the exam.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #88 on: 10 Apr 2019, 00:56 »

Hmm, what are the possibilities here?
- Marten steps down from his job to let Claire have a job in SMIF and thus, they both stay in Northampton.
- Claire takes a job within a commutable distance (anything between 100 and 120 miles a day travelling)
- Claire takes a job some distance away from Northampton, necessitating a move. Marten follows.
- Claire takes a job some distance away from Northampton, necessitating a move. Marten doesn't follow, relationship remains stable.
- Claire takes a job some distance away from Northampton, necessitating a move. Marten doesn't follow, relationship begins to crack.
- Claire unable to find a job, cracks begin to form in relationship.
- Marten and Claire leave Northampton, presumably on a jet plane, don't know when they'll be back again. (I hope not, because that is a depressing song)

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #89 on: 10 Apr 2019, 01:04 »

I'm with Marten, here. What's the use of twisting themselves to knots beforehand? They don't know what the future will be anyway! Worrying never solved any problem.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #90 on: 10 Apr 2019, 01:21 »

I subscribe to Jeph's Patreon. I'm looking forward to this forum's reaction to what happens in tomorrow's public post. I am going to literally have to physically restrain myself from discussing it before then.

(Fellow Patreons, feel free to PM me if you don't want to wait!)
~~~~

TheEvilDog

« Reply #91 on: 10 Apr 2019, 01:40 »

I'm with Marten, here. What's the use of twisting themselves to knots beforehand? They don't know what the future will be anyway! Worrying never solved any problem.

Maybe, but there's also planning for the future, because you never know whats going to happen.

Its becoming increasingly clear that Marten doesn't think about his future and is quite happy to let things pass him by. Which is also increasingly apparent that is going to cause him problems. He's at the stage in his life where he needs to pull the thumb out of his ass and prepare to make a future for himself and Claire.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #92 on: 10 Apr 2019, 03:10 »

Maybe, but there's also planning for the future, because you never know whats going to happen.

Its becoming increasingly clear that Marten doesn't think about his future and is quite happy to let things pass him by. Which is also increasingly apparent that is going to cause him problems. He's at the stage in his life where he needs to pull the thumb out of his ass and prepare to make a future for himself and Claire.

And do what?  He lucked into getting a job he can do that’s not terrible.  Is there really anything else he could be doing?  It’s not like he’s got a degree going to waste or talents for that matter other than music, but it doesn’t pay the bills.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #93 on: 10 Apr 2019, 03:13 »

He has a degree - it's in Music History and Critical Theory.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #94 on: 10 Apr 2019, 03:21 »

And do what?  He lucked into getting a job he can do that’s not terrible.  Is there really anything else he could be doing?  It’s not like he’s got a degree going to waste or talents for that matter other than music, but it doesn’t pay the bills.

If Jeph follows his own life as a pattern (as he has a few times with Marten) then Marten's blog, Yelling About Music, is generating enough money (via ads but also the new 'Sponzar' and 'Te3' on-line tipping services) for Marten to think seriously about an entirely web-based career. This will consist both of music journalism and also musical performance (with Hannelore providing Deathmøle's drum track remotely for Marten to mix together with his and Amir's guitar tracks later). So, he quits the Library and follows Claire wherever she goes to become her house-husband whilst holding forth on popular culture on-line and producing very, very metal concept music on-line with geographically-distributed performers to just make the work that much more avante-garde.

FWIW, I'm still hoping that it turns out Marten is getting a small income from re-publishing of Yelling About Music columns in various on-line publications, including Smif's on-line student newspaper. So Marten gets his dream, of sorts. He'll never be super-famous but he's a published music geek nonetheless!
~~~~

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #95 on: 10 Apr 2019, 04:55 »

I wonder if there will be a shock cliff-hanger in strip 4000 where Claire tells Marten that she's received a job offer quite some distance from Northampton?

...And there ensues a number of emotional altercations (Marten/Claire, Marten/Dora, Marten/Tai, Marten/Faye, etc)...
...great upheaval as Claire is determined to take a job possibly thousands of miles away and declares that if Marten won't come with her, she'll go alone...
...after Claire leaves, more increasingly emotional altercations with friends (in the case of Faye, emotional to the point of  leaving bruises)...
...finally our First Protagonist realizes time isn't standing still, his girlfriend certainly isn't standing still, but he has been standing still...
...Marten packs up and follows his last girlfriend across country - just like he did with his first girlfriend, way back before the beginning of QC...

...QC wraps up...

I'M KIDDING...
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #96 on: 10 Apr 2019, 06:47 »

...or maybe Claire finds a really excellent job nearby, they move into a comfy flat not far from their friends, and happiness ensues.

Couldn't things just go that way, only for once?
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2019, 08:44 by traroth »

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #97 on: 10 Apr 2019, 07:01 »

I'M SURE IT'LL BE FINE.....  :-o :-o

cybersmurf

« Reply #98 on: 10 Apr 2019, 09:00 »

Well, Hanners might come back with a rocketship, crashing, destroying their whole appartment building killing everyone from the 'classic' cast (Marten, Dora, Tai, Hanners, Claire and even Pintsize), with only Faye surviving because Bubbles protected her.

I subscribe to Jeph's Patreon. I'm looking forward to this forum's reaction to what happens in tomorrow's public post. I am going to literally have to physically restrain myself from discussing it before then.

(Fellow Patreons, feel free to PM me if you don't want to wait!)

I suspect either the end of something, a spin off or change in dangly bits.

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #99 on: 10 Apr 2019, 09:14 »

Marten has a job he likes, a girlfriend and lots of friends. Things seem to be good, to the point JJ doesn't talk about him very much anymore, because all that happiness would be boring!
I fear that after Claire graduates and starts to look for employment, she will not find a librarian position in Northampton, but will be offered one somewhere else, and will have to choose between her career and Marten. Cue enough unhappiness to satisfy anyone.

called it . .
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up