THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Everyone loves a good kaiju battle. Got a favorite? (any version)

Godzilla
Gamera
Ultraman
Power Rangers
King Kong
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Rampage
Earth Defense Force
Evangelion
Gridman
Mothra
Spiderman (1978)
Big Guy and Rusty
I don't like fighting
"Let them fight" something else

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 4011-4015 (27th-31st May, 2019)  (Read 40820 times)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: WCDT Strips 4011-4015 (27th-31st May, 2019)
« Reply #150 on: 31 May 2019, 20:36 »

Marbear's complexion has really cleared up of late. Noxzema or ProActiv??
Oral contraceptive pills can cure acne. I remember when I was at college a girl whose complexion suddenly improved would be the subject of knowing smiles.

"Birth control" is prescribed for many hormone related issues and the whole class of drugs needs a new common name so the scientifically ignorant stop getting all bent out of shape over them.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

chason

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #151 on: 01 Jun 2019, 02:25 »

New here, but just felt moved to comment on the last week or so.

1. May is the second worst person to ask about relationships or sex. The worst, obviously, being Pintsize.
2. Not exactly clear what May would get out of her proposal to Sven. Even if she's mentioned such activity before. The whole robot / human sex thing never made a lot of sense to me anyway.
3. It turns out there was no reason to censor May's chest.
4. From what May has said before, you'd think there would be no reason to censor her bottom, either.
5. May's post-whatever reaction is pretty hostile. It'd ruin the whole experience for me, personally.
6. USB is about 18 watts max even with oddball nonstandard protocols. You're not powering a robot body on that.
7. Do not ever sleep with someone who is deeply ashamed of the idea.
8. It appears Momo is interested, but interested in who? Or maybe it's just a general fascination.
9. Unrelated, but I'm slightly disappointed that Basilisk has never attempted to learn what Human Abs actually look like. Plus, Clinton never catches a break.

1. Disagree, she might be the best. She has consistently been shown to have a good handle on things when it comes to relationships and sex, even if she is crude.
2. AIs obviously have the ability to physically sense things, why would they not be able to derive pleasure from physical activities?
3. Nope, you are correct here.
4. Here too, fuck Google.
5. Her post-coital reaction might be (I'm hoping) a reaction to feeling a bit less casual about the encounter than she wanted to be. Casual sex is neither as simple as she made it out to be, nor as complicated as it has developed in Sven's head. Sven seemed to take the reaction pretty lightly, I'm guessing its not the first time he's seen it.
6. Magic!
7. Was someone deeply ashamed? I don't think May is ashamed of having sex, but rather that she had a more emotional reaction to it than she intended and she'd rather keep it private. Especially since her "power down" left her vulnerable in a way that she isn't used to. Shame is probably one of the most complicated emotions that exists, and sometimes things that you are ashamed of are the best things to do.
8. Momo is definitely fascinated by sex, as has been shown a number of times in the comic. She's previously had an infatuation with Sven but I don't think she has any real attachment to him besides a physical attraction.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #152 on: 01 Jun 2019, 05:39 »

Did Sven tell May his name?

Did May tell him hers?

Neither was obliged to, it can just be that casual. I'm more thinking Momo may not realise exactly who May hooked up with if she just has a vague, May-delivered description to go on.
When they encountered each other in the alley/outside the pub, may was wearing her work shirt with her name tag on it. She was also wearing it while she recharged at Sven’s place. He’d have to be deeply unobservant to miss such a big clue.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #153 on: 01 Jun 2019, 08:04 »

Have you seen the Patreon version?
No, but the very next strip shows May's chest without censorship. It turns out she has no nipples. Though honestly, I've never understood why nipples are supposedly obscene.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #154 on: 01 Jun 2019, 08:12 »

Australia got all the convicts, the US got the Puritans.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #155 on: 01 Jun 2019, 08:28 »

1. Disagree, she might be the best. She has consistently been shown to have a good handle on things when it comes to relationships and sex, even if she is crude.
2. AIs obviously have the ability to physically sense things, why would they not be able to derive pleasure from physical activities?
3. Nope, you are correct here.
4. Here too, fuck Google.
5. Her post-coital reaction might be (I'm hoping) a reaction to feeling a bit less casual about the encounter than she wanted to be. Casual sex is neither as simple as she made it out to be, nor as complicated as it has developed in Sven's head. Sven seemed to take the reaction pretty lightly, I'm guessing its not the first time he's seen it.
6. Magic!
7. Was someone deeply ashamed? I don't think May is ashamed of having sex, but rather that she had a more emotional reaction to it than she intended and she'd rather keep it private. Especially since her "power down" left her vulnerable in a way that she isn't used to. Shame is probably one of the most complicated emotions that exists, and sometimes things that you are ashamed of are the best things to do.
8. Momo is definitely fascinated by sex, as has been shown a number of times in the comic. She's previously had an infatuation with Sven but I don't think she has any real attachment to him besides a physical attraction.
1. Obviously that's not my read on it. She always seems to have the shallowest, least-nuanced view, after Pintsize. For example, with her specific advice to Sven, that's not how sexuality works for most people. The psychology of it is complicated, and feelings almost always get involved.

2. The, um, activities she's described in the past generally aren't too rewarding for human women, either. In my relationships, women have done those things because they were interested in giving me pleasure, but derived no particular pleasure from it themselves, and they weren't so, um, enthusiastic about it. The usual expectation was reciprocity, and that it wouldn't happen otherwise. I think May's made clear that reciprocity isn't physically an option for her.

I gather some women do enjoy those things for the activity's own sake, though I've never met one. Being a "giver" sexually doesn't really seem to fit May's personality.

7. Our hopes or reading hidden motivations aside, her immediate reaction was definitely "I don't want anyone to know we did this because they would think less of me." That was quite explicit.

Sven responds that he gets that a lot, which I'd personally find a soul-crushing assessment of my worth, if I had experienced that.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #156 on: 01 Jun 2019, 08:43 »

I wouldn't read too much into the idea that May found the experience pleasurable for the sensation.

I doubt she enjoyed it for that and more likely think she enjoyed the experience itself.

Its one thing to read about a particular thing, be it from a book or a magazine or a video. Its something else entirely to experience it yourself. Its like looking at a piece of art in a photograph and then seeing it hanging on a wall in front of you. When you see it up close, you see the brush strokes, you see the control, the faults and the corrections. May has gone from seeing the Mona Lisa in a photo to seeing it in the Louvre.

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #157 on: 01 Jun 2019, 09:19 »

May has gone from seeing the Mona Lisa in a photo to seeing it in the Louvre.

That analogy seems a bit... rarified, given the subject matter. She'd probably say something about clown boys making balloon animals.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #158 on: 01 Jun 2019, 11:25 »

Well we needed a little class back in the forum, to make up for all the sass and ass.

Gyrre

« Reply #159 on: 01 Jun 2019, 15:23 »

No, but the very next strip shows May's chest without censorship. It turns out she has no nipples. Though honestly, I've never understood why nipples are supposedly obscene.

Ask the people who made Disney put a skirt on Clarabelle Cow to cover her utter.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #160 on: 02 Jun 2019, 08:28 »

Momo used to have a social protocol database. I don't understand the nosiness.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #161 on: 02 Jun 2019, 08:36 »

Just because she has a social protocol database doesn't mean she has to follow it.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #162 on: 02 Jun 2019, 09:55 »

Momo used to have a social protocol database. I don't understand the nosiness.
Overridden by her Carnal Curiosity sub-routine, much the same as meatfolk.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #163 on: 02 Jun 2019, 10:50 »

Her breasts without nipples are shown in 4009. Her breasts are censored in 4008. Draw your own conclusions (or throw a dollar at Jeph to see for sure, without me having to run to the very edge of the "don't leak Patreon strips" policy to make my point).

jmsr

• Plantmonster
« Reply #164 on: 02 Jun 2019, 16:35 »

Breast deliver milk and nipples are the food-delivery system.  I bet you eat in public.  Where other people can watch you.  You pervert! /s

Seriously though, it's probably because nipples show/can show sexual arousal and are erogenous zones.   And as with other cultural views of sex, being able to see them (or bare shoulders, or ankles, or anything except eyes) can affect the behaviour of viewers and therefore gets regulated.  Because it's easier to regulate other people's behaviour than one's own, apparently.  :x

ihaveavoice

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #165 on: 02 Jun 2019, 17:29 »

Marbear's complexion has really cleared up of late. Noxzema or ProActiv??
Oral contraceptive pills can cure acne. I remember when I was at college a girl whose complexion suddenly improved would be the subject of knowing smiles.

I really, really hate the idea of this prompting "knowing smiles" from classmates. BC pills are prescribed for hormonal acne, irregular or very heavy/painful periods, etc. all the time, and being on them is no requirement to have sex. I, for example, was on them for a year in college to get my cycle under control and was a virgin the whole time. I was the type to find it funny to joke about their contraceptive use, but there are plenty of young women and girls (I've personally known 12-14 year olds who needed them for period issues) who would be really uncomfortable with the idea of people assuming they must be having sex just because their skin cleared up. Hell, one of those 14-year-olds almost didn't get to take the medication that made her able to still go to school when she was on her period because of her dad's concern over what people might think! (Dick.) There are also asexual people who take them for the aforementioned reasons. I know you're just sharing something from your college experience, but I need to state for anyone reading this that making assumptions like this is not cool.

Also, some people actually break out from them, which must suck even more when you see others' skin have the exact opposite response.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2019, 17:38 by ihaveavoice »

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #166 on: 03 Jun 2019, 11:23 »

Staying out of the comic discussion because I don't want to write essays or anything.

But I had to come in and say that you are DISAPPOINTING FOOLS for sleeping on the best kaiju, Godzooky

Theta9

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Not even that gay.
« Reply #167 on: 04 Jun 2019, 13:24 »

But I had to come in and say that you are DISAPPOINTING FOOLS for sleeping on the best kaiju, Godzooky
Godzooky needs to die in a fire, along with Scrappy Doo, and Gremlin the baby dragon of Mongo.
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #168 on: 05 Jun 2019, 01:03 »

So May actually didn't recognize Sven. And also, Sven didn't recognize May, or so it seems...
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

Gyrre

« Reply #169 on: 05 Jun 2019, 01:54 »

And here I'm wondering if anybody remembers the video game series Rampage or Earth Defense Force.

Oh well, at least one other person remembered Big Guy and Rusty.
a real-ass gaddam sword

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #170 on: 05 Jun 2019, 02:14 »

And here I'm wondering if anybody remembers the video game series Rampage or Earth Defense Force.

Rampage even was adapted as a movie with Dwayne Johnson, and that very lately. I don't get why some old game from Amiga-era suddenly got movied in the 2010s...

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #171 on: 05 Jun 2019, 02:16 »

So May actually didn't recognize Sven. And also, Sven didn't recognize May, or so it seems...
Wrong thread, this is last week's thread.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #172 on: 05 Jun 2019, 06:19 »

Wrong thread, this is last week's thread.

I brain-farted, I think. After I posted that comment, I noticed it was in the wrong thread, and I must have cut-pasted it in the exact same thread...

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #173 on: 05 Jun 2019, 11:53 »

Her breasts without nipples are shown in 4009. Her breasts are censored in 4008. Draw your own conclusions (or throw a dollar at Jeph to see for sure, without me having to run to the very edge of the "don't leak Patreon strips" policy to make my point).
I just assumed Jeph was making a joke out of the censorship bars, and that people who paid to see the uncensored strips got to see May in her Barbie Doll anatomical incorrectness. Subverting expectations, y'know. If that's not the case I'm a tad disappointed.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #174 on: 05 Jun 2019, 12:00 »

I assumed she had nipples that come out when she turns them on, kind of like a hemipenis or something. Or like a dolphins, which is like a retractable penis hand.

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #175 on: 05 Jun 2019, 12:05 »

That's disturbing. Also feels kind of unlikely since May has made clear her body is a very cheap model with few features.

Gyrre

« Reply #176 on: 08 Jun 2019, 10:58 »

Rampage even was adapted as a movie with Dwayne Johnson, and that very lately. I don't get why some old game from Amiga-era suddenly got movied in the 2010s...
It's a couple of different things. But, one of the biggest is generally referred to as the 'Mickey Mouse Protection Act' and it's the same reason Disney keeps doing live-action/"live-action" remakes lately -- Disney screwing with copyright and trademark laws in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

The other reason was that it was a "safe" project, i.e. it was a pre-existing franchise with some modicum of name recognition. Hollywood execs are often too scared to greenlight original IPs these days, so we get a lot of bad licensed movies that probably would have been fine had they just been their own thing.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #177 on: 08 Jun 2019, 11:13 »

I assumed she had nipples that come out when she turns them on, kind of like a hemipenis or something. Or like a dolphins, which is like a retractable penis hand.
.....Thanks for the nightmare fuel.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up